The cheapest dsl alive in pakistan

hey guys i m new here.so i wanted to really find out which is the cheapest dsl available in Quetta or just in pakistan.

by cheap i mean 500 or something.and another questiion can i watch movies online ocassionally with a download limit of 4 GB...or will it add to my bill. I need help desperately my computer runs in dialup with 4.8 kb/s. And a last question if i put ptcl broadband dsl service will depend on my phone line connections cause i think its pretty busy and is the cause why my net is so slow.={

btw the shrt name is minx

There is no DSL for 500.

which 4 GB limit are you talking about?

You can watch online movies if you have a 1MB line which costs at least 2000.

Whats pretty busy? you phone?

o i c, the shrt name is minx.

PTCL and LDN are the cheapest and both of them have equal rates (Read the dedicated threads of these ISPs to narrow down your choice regarding uptime, consistency, customer service etc) . As far as movies are concerned, you could download as much as you want out of your DSL package because the downloading limit has been removed by almost all ISPs. DSL does not tie up the line like a dial up plan works. DSL is constantly on and runs along your telephone lines. so you can talk all you want while surfing the Internet at the same time.

I hope that answers all your questions, welcome to Wired Pakistan :)

the cheapest DSL u can get is PTCL's 512kb in student package for only 800 per month.

ALso the fact that PTCL is the only DSL in quetta.

LDN, Cyber, maxcom none of them operate here.

Wateen was a total failure from its launch (they only had 14mbps line for the whole of quetta, they say we will re-launch soon)

dude are you downloading at speed of 4.8. coz keeping dialup in mind this is very reasonable. my downloading speed is 2.5 and 3 at best and connect at 28 and guys are saying right cheapest is ldn and ptcl and even they don't cover all the areas. bummer :+(

Thnx guys.but is ptcl service good ???is their speed good enough.by the way i was sayin my connection speed is 4.8kb/s if it was download speed i would be a lot rather grateful.And i was saying that should i watch like lots of movies ONLINE with a 4GB download limit.or is it too much.hmmm.can you tell me any software that i can use so i'll know i dont exceed the download limit.

ptcl doesn't have any download limit! what are you talking about? :S

i m tokin abt wateen wimax 500 rz package

oh i got confused! sorry my bad

Wateen is not DSL!

^

LoL, take it in desi terms. It is DSL over air :P

wateen has a 500 Rs. package?

sorry my bad its wimax,but wat the hell =p.yeah chck out the site http://www.wateen.com/flyer.gif ....but u can only download limit is 4 GB...ummm u guys R NOT HELPING ME can u tell me if the 4GB package wil be easily exceeded if i watch movies online????

sorry my bad its wimax,but wat the hell =p.yeah chck out the site http://www.wateen.com/flyer.gif ....but u can only download limit is 4 GB...ummm u guys R NOT HELPING ME can u tell me if the 4GB package wil be easily exceeded if i watch movies online????

You need at least a 1mb line to watch online movies, secondly yes, with 4 gb you can only watch 5 movies and your 4 gb will be up.

a lot healthier thing to do would be find a dsl (possibly cable net) that provide 128 speed with unlimited bandwidth.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

a lot healthier thing to do would be find a dsl (possibly cable net) that provide 128 speed with unlimited bandwidth.
[/quote]

cable net is not dsl

the cheapest DSL u can get is PTCL’s 512kb in student package for only 800 per month.
[/quote]

NO NO No … 1199 is the actual rate. but wen u deduct 30 percent,

it becomes 839. and after dat u can add 12% tax in it. then it will b 940.

so u can get a most cheaper package with an unlimited downloading dsl connection at 940.

but if u r a ptcl employ, then u can get 50% dc. and u can change yor ptcl line whenever u want…

thats not 4 most of us.

You need at least a 1mb line to watch online movies, secondly yes, with 4 gb you can only watch 5 movies and your 4 gb will be up.
[/quote]

u know i watch moviez from sites online n i hav a 512k connection.

and its watchable. i mean if the quality is good then it gives u pause after 1 or 2 mins … but jus a lil.

but in like utube. it never pauses.

so i think i u can also watch online movies in 512 k easy.