The all you need to know ISP thread

This thread is here to provide a snapshot of an ISP one is using, and rate it's features and services only. There are a lot of people posting either negative and or positive comments regarding ISPs in the existing threads, without actually having used that ISP first hand, or at least not for a significant amount of time to provide accurate feedback. This results in confusion and may lead someone to make an uninformed decision.

Any questions, news, complains and queries should still be posted in the existing threads, such posts in this thread shall be deleted.

If you have multiple ISPs (e.g. work and home, you may rate both, naming ISPs as ISP 1, ISP 2 and so on).

The format is:

1. ISP Name:

2. City:

3. Your package (capped or uncapped): e.g Home512 or 10GB - 1024

4. Rate: E.g. 1,800/month

5. Actual average throughputs: E.g 469kbps down / 84kbps up (screenshots welcome)

6. Service and performance of ISP: (1-10, 1 being worst, 10-excellent)

7. Speeds throughout the day: (1-10, 1 being worst, 10-excellent)

8. Uptime: (1-10, 1 being worst, 10-excellent)

9. Usage time: How long you have used this service/been a customer?

10. Brief comments (the good and bad - optional): Remember, keep em brief!

1. ISP Name: PTCL

2. City: Karachi

3. Your package (capped or uncapped): 1Mbps (waiting for the upgrade)

4. Rate: Rs 4,999/month

5. Actual average throughputs: 930kbps down / ~ 300kbps up

250024185.png

6. Service and performance of ISP: 9

7. Speeds throughout the day: 9

8. Uptime: 10

9. Usage time: 5 months

1 )ISP: Connect Communications

2) City: Karachi

3) Package: 2mb

4) Rate: Rs 600/month

5) Average speed: 200+kB/s down (torrents limited at 40 kB/s) - 30 kB/s up

247956025.png

6) Service & Performance: 7

7) Uptime: 10

8) Usage time: 1 month

2. City: Lahore

3. Your package (capped or uncapped): 1 Mb PTCL-Uncapped

4. Rate: 1,999 Rs/Month

5. Actual average throughputs: 930 kbps down/ 230kbps UP

6. Service and performance of ISP: Excellent

7. Speeds throughout the day: Excellent

8. Uptime: Excellent

9. Usage time: How long you have used this service/been a customer?1 month

10. Brief comments: Well PTCL service is pretty good.I am running it 24/7 and i have never faced any issue with speed etc.250125265.png

1. ISP Name:MAXCOM

2. City:Karachi

3. Your package (capped or uncapped): e.g Home256(uncapped)

4. Rate: E.g. 1,200

5. Actual average throughputs: E.g 220kbps down / 100kbps up

6. Service and performance of ISP: (10-excellent)

7. Speeds throughout the day: (10-excellent)

8. Uptime: (10-excellent)

9. Usage time: How long you have used this service/been a customer?(9 months)

10. Brief comments.

MAXCOM QoS is really good,great technical support but i feel no need for MAXCOM's technical support as I don't have issues related to speed ever in 9months period but its doesn't means that everyone is lucky like me that he/she haven't face any issue while using MAXCOM longer then 6months time period and secondly, the stability which i do get in MAXCOM i don't think so that I would be getting it in any other ISP, the best about MAXCOM's speed no jerks at all. Their FTP is just fine.

Mostly. I got it 100% on torrents(depending upon on seeders) to what I do get while downloading from HTTP thats 27-29Kb.

I never got MAXCOM to be off or have breaking sync remember my on-time on internet is at lest 20hrs a day.

PLEASE ADD MORE QUESTIONS IN YOUR INQUIRY. SUCH AS:-

LATENCY:-

What about FTP:-

Level of satisfaction:-

Level of stability in speed:- I know you have already added (Speeds throughout the day) but its not covers stability.

Promotions:-

Technical support:-

HTTP & TORRENTS:- USE THIS IF SOMEONE HAVE DIFFERENT SPEED WHILE DOWNLOADING FROM HTTP AND ON TORRENTS.

Future expectations:-

Data transfer(including both DL and UL) in a month:-

Exact area within the city:- SO THAT IF PERFORMANCE DIFFERS FROM AREA TO AREA SHOULD BE DISTINGUISH.

And one thing more that don't post speed test it is not appropriate way to calculate the speed and avg. speed post screen shots with the help bandwidth shapers.

Here is a screen shot:-

2005455984067048143_th.jpg

1. ISP Name:MUTINET

2. City: LAHORE

3. Your package (capped or uncapped):shared 1:10 1mbps connection

4. Rate: 4000/month(waiting for them to reduce prices again)

5. Actual average throughputs: constant download 107kb/s and constant upload 90kb/s

6. Service and performance of ISP: i would give it a 9 ... it would have been ten if they had reduced their prices again

7. Speeds throughout the day: the speed is always superconstant on direct download and upload not even a difference of one kb so a 10

8. Uptime: dsl is always up... if it goes down then it means that exchange or ur line has problems so 9

9. Usage time: a year but i upgraded a month ago from 256k

10. Brief comment:

cons: they haven't reduced their prices to ldn and ptcl level like maxcom... they need to reduce the amount to like 2500 for 1mb connection.... they have reduced once but ptcl reduced so quickly that they are now charging extra for their great coustomer service... another con is that they don't have an ftp or gaming servers like some other isps

pros: the pros are amazing and what everone looks for in an isp other than price... super constant speeds... i mean it never fluctuates a single kb .... they don't send their engineers to install but they have dealers for it... their dealers are always looking for money so they provide extra service... their guy came and saw how pathetic my line was... he got a new dp installed on my gate... he got lineman and did rewiring from dp to my phone... he first tried to fix my wires himself for a day but the poor fella saw that my line was too hopeless so got a lineman and a new wire:D ... i thought their would be problems with the connection after sometime but a year has gone by and my connection is super constant and i didn't have one single noise disturbance in my line ever... that has made me loyal to them... hopefully they willreduce their prices but i am happy that i get their service even if it is expensive(maybe i am lucky cuz my brother in law is a jigger of the deaerl:P)

454160069.png

Primary Connection :

1. ISP Name: WorldCall

3. Your package (capped or uncapped): 1 Mbps (upgraded form Home1mbps to Corporate 1mbps around month back)

4. Rate: E.g. 2500/month

5. Actual average throughputs:

457347979.png

6. Service and performance of ISP: 6

7. Speeds throughout the day: 6

8. Uptime: 4 (they go out with all these electricity outages, I have ups but some how they dont have reliable one)

9. Usage time: 9 months

10. Brief comments :

-Very Very poor email support, get replies like there is a robot sitting there. No coordination between the people actually working at backend and the customer service people handling you. Telling me a 24 hours resolution time in 2009 is joke.

-They go out a lot (electricity related) , though when they are up , they are not bad, but for me uptime is sooo important.

11. Customer Support : 2

Secondary Connection :

1. ISP Name: Wateen ( using as backup connection when worldcall is down, which is every other day , now and then)

3. Your package (capped or uncapped): 512kbps

4. Rate: E.g. ~830/Month

5. Actual average throughputs:

457354291.png

6. Service and performance of ISP: 7

7. Speeds throughout the day: 6

8. Uptime: 7

9. Usage time: 9 months

10. Brief comments :

- Don't use wateen if you have any other option available. Each tiem device get restarted you get new IP and many of them are blocked at different RBLS so you cant send emails and have to keep restarting device , frustrating no doubt.

- Though their uptime is not that bad and usually work when my primary connection is out, so still keeping it as backup , as i need 24/7 uptime.

-Customer support , well looks like there is non.

11. Customer Support : 4

Just got my third ptcl 2mbps connection today , I will see how it goes , I hope it will be a good replacement for my primary worldcall connection, and I can finally have some peace of mind.

hi i am from Saint Petersburg, Russia and here is my speed result

482534791.png

cybernet is charging RS2/20 mint or cards still working??? thanks

2. City: Lahore

3. Your package (capped or uncapped): 1Mbps (uncapped)

4. Rate: Rs 839/month

5. Actual average throughputs: 900kbps down / ~ 250kbps up

489785894.png

6. Service and performance of ISP: 8

7. Speeds throughout the day: 9

8. Uptime: 8

9. Usage time: 3 months

10. Brief comments : Service is good as far as it is working.....a lot of sync issues & downtimes these days due to loadshedding i think.....works great whenever its up!