Textbooks: Business Studies and Sociology

I am going to take an attempt at Sociology and Business Studies this year for A'levels. I want recommendations for Business Studies and Sociology textbooks.

Ur blog is weird. Nothing Usefull. WTF ?

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Ur blog is weird. Nothing Usefull. WTF ?
[/quote]

its his blog he can do whatever he wants with it

I am going to give attempt Sociology and Business Studies this year for A’levels. I want recommendations for Business Studies and Sociology textbooks.
[/quote]

Are you sure about attempting sociology? It’s very boring and is a bit tough at A levels. For sociology, make sure you buy books that reflect the recent changes in society, i.e. 2000+ publish date.

If it’s CIE, go to www.cie.org.uk and check the syllabus details for the subjects. They do have recommended books there.

I want to attempt 2 EASY subjects that I can pass within 5 months. Business studies seems like a piece of cake and I found sociology better than Urdu.

I want to attempt 2 EASY subjects that I can pass within 5 months. Business studies seems like a piece of cake and I found sociology better than Urdu.
[/quote]

Make sure you actually read a book on sociology before making the decision. The theories are outrageously boring and complex to remember as well, at least for me.

Try economics; most of the students find it more interesting. Plus, there’s abundance of similarity between economics and business studies - at least at the basic level.

Make sure you actually read a book on sociology before making the decision. The theories are outrageously boring and complex to remember as well, at least for me.

Try economics; most of the students find it more interesting. Plus, there’s abundance of similarity between economics and business studies - at least at the basic level.

[/quote]

Economics is hard at advanced level. It’ll take time to coup up with it.

Any more suggestions? :frowning:

I took sociology in my engineering and it was boring like hell

Let me know about books recommendation!

I did Business Studies, Sociology and Maths in 4 months. Shouldn't be difficult, about the books;

Business Studies

Book Name - Business Studies

Author - Peter Stimpson

It the CIE endorsed book. Read it all and you can easily get an A.

Sociology

Book Name - Sociology

Author - Andy Bernard, Terry Burgess and Mike Kirby

It is also a CIE endorsed book, though not sure if getting an A is going to be easy.

Having given these two subjects, and Maths in 4 months I believe I have somewhat a good amount of knowledge to advise you. When I took Sociology, everyone said it was an easy A Level, to be honest it is compared to the other ones. But it is very boring and the exam papers are horrible, which means getting a B or an A can be difficult in only 5 months for you. Remembering the stuff isn't hard, you can do that easily.

My advise would be to pick Psychology, it a lot easier then Sociology and much easier to consume as well. Getting the books can be a problem, because for Psychology there is not book endores by CIE and the other books can be difficult to find here. Though if you do, or you can import them from abroad then it is a very easy A Level.

Remember I did 3 subjects in 4 months, so doing 2 in 5 months shouldn't be difficult. As for Business Studies, it has to be the easiest A Level ever.

Basically for 2 easy A Levels you options are;

Business Studies (the easiest)

Maths (Easy if you are good at Maths)

Sociology (Easy but not too easy, and kind of boring though that is subjective)

Psychology (Easier then Sociology, but availability of books can be a problem)

If you have anymore queries, I'll try to help.

Can I get CIE endorsed books from Pakistan?

Can I get CIE endorsed books from Pakistan?
[/quote]

I had been able to find most of the books that I once required, in Rawalpindi and Islamabad. If not new, you’ll be able to find them from used book shops.