Telenor's Huawei E 169G EDGE USB Stick

Telenor is the only network providing EDGE in my village. I'm thinking of getting their Huawei E169G USB Stick, so I don't have to use Vfone. I was hesitating before because their call quality is not good, I didn't think their network would be good either and also because they have a 1.5Gb limit on their normal unlimited internet. Another thing that bothers me is that Vfone network is made by Huawei, who also made the USB stick. If anyone has any experience with Telenor EDGE or the USB stick, please tell me if I should get it or not.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Telenor is the only network providing EDGE in my village. I’m thinking of getting their Huawei E169G USB Stick, so I don’t have to use Vfone. I was hesitating before because their call quality is not good, I didn’t think their network would be good either and also because they have a 1.5Gb limit on their normal unlimited internet. Another thing that bothers me is that Vfone network is made by Huawei, who also made the USB stick. If anyone has any experience with Telenor EDGE or the USB stick, please tell me if I should get it or not.
[/quote]

Hi, Although I dont know much about telenor usb internet device, but would like to share my experience of Ufone usb internet device which also uses Huawei make usb stick.

I was on a trip between Rahim Yar Khan, Multan, Vehari, Faisalabad, Sahiwal, Lahore and traveled by road, at many points while in traveling I used to email with attachments, it all went pretty well, although the max bandwidth I got was around 4 to 9 KBps (Kilo Bytes/Sec) which at the time seems to be a fair deal.

The modem usually got connected between 40KBps to 236KBps.

Since your location says that you are in Multan or near about, you should check to see if any body else is using Ufone, Warid or Zong USB Internet devices near your location you may get good feedback.

As I recall Ufone is giving the device in Rs. 6000 with 6 month free unlimited internet no data download/upload limit, afterword around Rs. 600/month (not confirmed) for unlimited internet access.

Just to say, I still looking for better connectivity rates for USB Internet Devices but payable not more then Rs. 600/month for Unlimited Internet Access, so if you come across some deal; please do let me know too :)

Thanks for you time.

Thanks for the information a lot