Telenor sim not working with china branded/non branded mobiles

it just happend that i looked at my telenor sim in trend's mobile set..n saw its not working though signal were full..

the guy at saddar franchise said.. for the past 2 days telenor seems to have problem with handsets made by china.. it was working fine before for a long time..

any one facing such prob...?.

try putting in another telenor sim (from some friend), see if it works, if yes, then get ur sim replaced from the franchise.

What kind of problem are you facing? You've mentioned that you get full signals.

And if I were you, I'd try another connection before throwing away the SIM/phone.

In fact, I wouldn't go for the Chinese phones in the first place.

My two cents.

sim is all ok..just checked with another handset

all other operators sim working fine with handset

its only telenor who seems to have installed something new which is creating problem with communication

signals are full ..but sim isnt accepted in though..

with other handsets tested 2 nokia sets... the sim is accepted..

the handset isnt blacklisted by mistake even.. the number is in my name.

the helpline is holding over 12 min ..so i cut the call..crappy telenor paid helpline

imagine if u were doing biznis with telenor number sim..as far as set is concerned its branded..though china origin and i have seen many exectives n biznis ppl using it..its not that copy china set..

Which phone btw? It could be that the set was blacklisted in Telenor's database.

Or - you could try getting your SIM replaced. It is a Chinese handset, y'know...

And I know how sucky Telenor's helpline is - but they do eventually pick up the call. Oh - but try calling from your landline and see if that's any quicker.

i remember in past warid sim had same issue with some of samsung sets.

cause, those sets were CDMA based.

problem was caused on 30th of june 2008 at eveing around 6 Pm.

Telenor and mobilink users were hit by this.

telenor restored the sims on 2nd of july 2008. where as mobilink sms are stull not woring yet as on 3th of july 2008.

Ufone also blocked it on 1st of july,. donot know whether they have restored it or not,,,, but my telenor sim is working fine since yesterday (2nd July)

related to this:

http://www.dawn.com/2008/07/03/nat12.htm

interesting isn't it?

well i got it flashed..its a software dysfunctin..n the guy who took it for reflashing already had 2nd sim not working on troubleshooting list.. so they reinstalled software.. i will get the handset back soon

the trends handset comes with unique IMEI number as one pays for BRANDED CHina ..and pay extra bit for that too..

new 2400 rupees trends dual sim active...is in market now...see if it has unique IMEI number of not...

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

related to this:

interesting isn’t it?

[/quote]

So whats the problem? all of these sets have the same IMEI?

i see that you have added me in stumbleupon :)

[/quote]

yea maybe chinese are making sets with just one IMEI… some one’s chinese set must have gotten snatched he must have called up cplc and got it black listed… now all those chinese set’s with that imei got black listed…

related to this:

interesting isn’t it?

[/quote]

Thts the reason i dint bought those cheap chinese sets.

[/quote]

yes many ov them have same IMEI!

yeah ;)

the cheap n fake blanks CDs also have same serial number ...u just need to look at the central transparent portion of those CD.. a serial number is printed there..almost all #1 Cd have unique number while #2 have the same for the whole Lot..