Telenor Postpaid Internet (speed problem),

I have just subscribed to Telenor 2gb Postapaid package but i am only getting 1KB-4KB download speed. i heard people quoting speeds like 20KB-27KB which is totally a dream for me. lol

My connection shows Edge connectivity and i am using internet on my Laptop from i my I-mate Kjam via Bluetooth. I also connected internet through usb cable to check if Bluetooth bottlenecks the speed but its same, and yeah i have full signals.

I live 17KM away from main Abbotabad city and not sure if there is any other ISP i can get here so had to pay a total of 2200 RS to telenor guys to get this postpaid connection cause i get full signals in my home here but the speed is frustrating.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

--

try it somewhere else, i.e. connect to some other BTS and then check the speed.

if still no difference, then insert your SIM in some other set and then check

Or try late at night. If it works fine then, chances are Telenor's got load management issues (which seems to be worsening ever since they came out with the bundles....but still "surfable")

@neo, I use internet 12hrs a day so it wont be cheap @ 6 RS an hour.

@Zeeshan, Thanks will do that.

@Shaheerk, I can bet there is not a single user of Telenor edge in my area except me. :D

After taking like 3-4 speedtests in different times of the day this is the best i get. DL speed is 15KB on simple downloads but around 1 KB on torrents.

1053256956.png

I think there is something that is capping my speed at 160Kbps. Whenever i take the tests speed starts from .01 and increase gradually during test and ends at .16Mbps but it just gets jammed on .16Mbps for the last quarter of the test and just cant break that .16 barrier, i think i need to get a new phone.

160kbps is respectable for a EDGE connection... check in a couple of other areas as well to see what speeds you get before getting a new phone! Though the KJam - is that a old windows phone? - could be an issue, see if you can update the phones OS...

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

160kbps is respectable for a EDGE connection… check in a couple of other areas as well to see what speeds you get before getting a new phone! Though the KJam - is that a old windows phone? - could be an issue, see if you can update the phones OS…
[/quote]

Yeah that’s an old phone with Edge class 10, but i have installed windows mobile 6.5 in it.

Yeah 160 is enough for what i require. But the question is that i have an edge device with speed capability of 236Kb, i have edge connectivity in my area, i have got full 4 signal bars,… than whats putting a cap on my speed @ 160 Kb?

I would have understand that if get a speed test with speeds varying like 150,160,170,140,150,170,180,160,150 but it just stop @ 160 and doest not move up an inch. lol

I've noted that it does get capped during the day - I think it's their way of equalizing the load for everyone. Try using it at night.

PS: you never know who else is using GPRS in your area :)

Oh - and using a different phone CAN make a difference at times. It's odd, cause my phone gave different readings and my dad's phone gave different readings. To put it in perspective, we both had (I used to, he does) an S60 device and both on Telenor - but I use prepaid and he's on postpaid (Telenor employee)... but his phone downloaded a bit slower and was less responsive.

Odd, init?

--

I think Warid telcom is best for internet! I used many time on my mobile and get great speed on it.