Telenor - Dishonest Tactics

I recently switched to Telenor from Ufone, thinking that they might be better but they are even worse in some respects:

- Whenever my SMS package expires, i never get a sms telling me that he package is expired and i should resubscribe to avoid paying normal charges on sms!

- The have increased the prices of their weekly sms package just for the week of Eid(starting monday). Thats so pathetic.

- If my balance gets below Rs.5 i am unable to send messages using my bundle packages. I paid for this stuff dammit!

- There is no unilimited EDGE package on Telenor! The maximum amount of EDGE data you can buy is 45 MB. :(

Whats your opinion?

[quote=“rnathbatra, post:, topic:”]

Whats your opinion?

[/quote]

Pakistani consumers need something like BBB and Consumer Reports.

Telenor never told you when your SMS bundle expired - technically, it's not their responsibility to inform you - or any other telco's responsibility for that matter. You bought it - you manage it! They're only providing you the service. So... the ball is, was and will be in your court on that front. I know Ufone rolls-over the bundles on a monthly-basis (for their monthly ones... well, atleast I think they do) so that's a nice feature to have (and that's also the only thing I wish Telenor would do on prepaid as well).

Internet: well - it's no wonder Telenor's network isn't always choked. TBH, I use wifi more than EDGE (many, MANY more advantages) but you do sometimes need an EDGE connection. The 45mb bundle should be enough (you can always resubscribe). I'm not on the bandwagon of those who want unlimited EDGE on pre or postpaid because it has no use for me - but, I can imagine it can get irritating resubscribing. On the plus side, they DO tell you when your EDGE bundle has run out.

The SMS thingi was always there as far as Eid was concerned. I don't think the other operators announce restrictions - but I believe they have them too. It was in the news. I think it's just Zong that doesn't place those restrictions (although I could be wrong).

And - the low balance thingi - I'm going to differ, because I've managed to use GPRS and texts when my balance was in the negative (that advance thingi). It could have been some other problem, I'll guess.

I'm going to agree with Asad that we need some consumer forums in which actions are actually taken. I'll tell you one gripe I have with Telenor: I converted to postpaid, and - their website is skimpy, at best - can't find their call rates. You need to contact them over the phone or email them. Plus, the website says you can't enable international dialing and conference calling simultaneously, but their rep (at the sales center) said that you can after three months. Their support over email said something along the same lines (no mention of three months, but did say "after address verification").

They may have blockheaded policies - but if you ask them, they'll tell you. They're honest on that front.

And besides, their network seems to be the only network that withstands all landslides, holidays, riots and what-not. Atleast their reliability is good overall (but signals can get patchy in areas... like at my house, for instance... maybe it's just my house and not my neighbor's house).

Ouch! That was long!

Anyway - I did note one more thing: Ufone's bundles seem to be a tad bit more expensive than Telenor's in terms of light usage. I haven't compared the heavy usage bundles though.

ufone tum he tou ho

It may not be their responsiblity but it would be a good thing if they did since Ufone used to do it and other operators do it too if I am not wrong. I bought a monthly package to avert that issue.

On the other hand at least automatic resubscription of weekly package should be there, and they didn't do it, so i sent a good 50-70 messages and my balance became zero. This really sucks.

Also if you go to the Djuice website, its clearly mentioned that the prices for sms packages have been revised:

Quote:

"The new cost is Rs. 11.95 Incl Tax for 700 SMS (7 days). Weekly SMS bundle price will be revised from 3rd November to 7th November"

http://djuice.com.pk/weekly-sms-bundle

Why are they repricing only the weekly package for four days? This is not honest. I mean whats their point???

[quote="shaheerk, post:3, topic:15949"]
[/quote]

"The SMS thingi was always there as far as Eid was concerned. I don't think the other operators announce restrictions - but I believe they have them too. It was in the news. I think it's just Zong that doesn't place those restrictions (although I could be wrong)" - You are unnecessarily defending a dishonest move. No, other operators dont do that, as far as i think.

Although i do appreciate that they disclosed this overcharging at their website and I am really impressed by their voice quality and i dont get spam at all from them. I used to get at least 10 sms per day only from Ufone (used to drive me mad) and thats why i switched.

[quote=“Asad, post:2, topic:15949”]

Pakistani consumers need something like BBB and Consumer Reports.

[/quote]

What happens if i send this Eid overcharging complaint to PTA?

My intentions were not to defend the move - I only put forth what I thought. :)

That said - try complaining to the PTA. They usually have deaf ears on such things though... I think last time, all the operators got a notice of some sort regarding the deactivation of bundles during Eid. Last year, the bundles had less SMS in them. This time, I guess they raised the prices.

On a side note, have you noted how the call center access charges are higher and higher each time? That's because of the constant price-wars - they've hit rock-bottom, and others are making them hit more. I know they're still earning high margins and all - but the fact that they're trying to recoup their revenues by increasing their prices does signal some sort of a desperate situation. I think

I only have one gripe with their postpaid - the conference calling+international dialing delay. Grrrrr... I guess we're far, far away from the actual bundled offers you get in the West.

i have been using telenor since 2009 and i have also found these problems in telenor,,

when package expires they do not tell you it,, they simply convert u to simple sms package leaving u in quandary ,, and eating all the balance on sms,, zond did the same earlier,,,

anyhow both auto re subcribing and leaving it to users will are features,,

it depends on how u take it,,

long ago i used zongs daily sms package,,ya un doinou ki baat ha jab mja din ma 2 ya 3 sa ziada sms ki zarorath nahi parthi thi,, and aksar haftay tak main shaid hi koi sms kartha,,

then i subscribed to their sms daily package and it would automastically subscribe me ,,, ma zaroath ka fdinou ma sub kar laitha par bad ma un sub karna ytaad nahi rahtha,, and isi tara mera auto sub sa balance urh jatha,,

so u see either ways its a feature and a disgust,,

regarding restrictions during eid days u r 100 % right,, telenor disables sms packages during eid days,,, without telling you,,

regarding the statement

" If my balance gets below Rs.5 i am unable to send messages using my bundle packages. I paid for this stuff dammit!"

u r again right,, in the beginning u would get delivery reports but then they stoped it,, so i had no eway of knowinbg if my sms was/is sent,, obviously mujha tho patha tha ka meras tho sms lk package ha ,,jab tak packasge ha tab tak bashak mera paas balnce na ho i can send sms,,but i was wrong,, and thos arssewholers never tell u these things,, and their this policy is very loose sometimes i can send sms if i have no balance but have sms package othre times i cant,,

- There is no unilimited EDGE package on Telenor! The maximum amount of EDGE data you can buy is 45 MB. also true statement,,

they need to give some good services,,

bhai ap na tho mwera mou ki bathain cheen lien hain,,

my opinon in these circumstances is to be hybrid ,, get 2 or 3 sims and use for each purpose whichever is gr8,,

[quote=“blogger, post:5, topic:15949”]

ufone tum he tou ho

[/quote]

Bhai choro sab choor akathay hain… main 4 saal say ufone par hoan and last 3 month say wo bhula kia kartay hain jab be 100 ka load karo tu deduct kar kar kay 45 reh jatay hain … 3-4 dafa tu helpline par galiyaan nikal chuka hoan but they have no justification.

My post gone ... Kiyoannnnnnnnnn>??

[quote=“WebCare360, post:11, topic:15949”]

My post gone … Kiyoannnnnnnnnn>??

[/quote]

[quote=“Asad, post:12, topic:15949”]

[/quote]

Well, I read these Rules even before my first post. Well, I am not going to argue with you. It was your decision so no problem ;)

Read the clause about Roman Urdu.

as aa matter of fact Telenor is truly cheating,,

i had its messaging package actrivated it had nore then couple hundred of sms left nd also 5 days left to expoire,, but my balance expired ,, it had 5 rs in it,, and when i tried to send sms i was alwaysd told by my mobile message sending failed,, this is a true cjheating,, as my messaging package had messages left in it and there were more themn 5 days left,,and i had already paid for that,,yet i was not able to send sms,, i tried sending sms to more then aa dozen ppl and it always said faoiled,,did tried sim in other phone same issue,s restarted phonne no solution,, i tried entire day at different locations but was not successful,, and the heck i was not able to call ecen their helpline,, it would only tell me that i have expired balance,,and then disconnect,,

this is just a bullshiit,,

their own webpage says that ur sms plan will be invalid when u have negative balance ,, ie u wont be ab;le to send sms if r balance is minus 3 but mine showd 5 rs and it was expired,,

its truly disgusting