Tele Marketing by banks for credit cards and other services

Stupid tele-marketers.....

Someone from ABN AMRO called me today for getting their credit card. On inquiring about where they got my cell phone number, he named "Standard Chartered", with which I currently have an AMEX card. I threatened to report both Standard Chartered and ABN AMRO to the State Bank for violation of customer information privacy and the leak of information to other banks. I was quite harsh and finished off with an expletive - kinda reminds of those Mobilink calls circulating around the internet and mobile phones.

Any way, I am sure other members have had similar calls from these bank tele-marketers. You can vent and describe your experience in this thread. :D

Maybe one of these shameless tele-marketers reads this thread and gets ashamed enough to leave his/her sick reprehensible job.

I never received a call from any tele-marketer except from standard chartered regarding a life insurance service they were offering. :)

Strange... this is the second time I have received such a call.

^^ I have an SCB credit card... and lately all these banks have been calling me to offer their products, especially ABN AMRO. SCB is one #$%^&# up banking institution in my books..

I was called by UBL guy about their Orion service. He said he wants my CNIC # etc. in order to activate it. I said no way. I don't want to sign up for Orion. He asked why, I replied harshly you just heard me, I don't want to sign up so please leave me alone. He goes like Sir its got this benefit and that, I then lost my temper and told the guy that I am already using netBanking and I know what Orion services are but I don't want to use it so please good bye...

Their guys sort of stick on you about things. I mean father has Alfalah Credit Card. He was called and told that they have activated SMS notification on credit card transaction. Father is busy so he doesn't like distractions like that. He said no, I don't want it. The guy said he has removed it but then SMS alerts started in a few hours. Had to call up several times in order to cancel it, one of the guy removed the SMS notification thing when he was talked to a little harshly because they were really sticking to it. Telling benefits of SMS notification which obviously we know but if we don't want to use it then we just don't want it, why implement it by force, bug users and waste their time.

Asad Bhai, telemarketers act on their own? I mean are they not asked by their Bank to do such calls? They can't just call someone on their own now, can they?

They are paid commission by bank whenever they land in a new customer, their basic pay is peanuts their major source of livelihood are these commissions.

i get calls every day. i keep putting the numbers in a special 'no ring' entry in my phone. it has about 30 numbers all from various banks offering various cards!

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Asad Bhai, telemarketers act on their own? I mean are they not asked by their Bank to do such calls? They can’t just call someone on their own now, can they?
[/quote]

They are backed by the bank and operate on commission for each customer referred.

now a days call centre are opening up here for this purpose and one that i visited were telemarketing to people in the states by calling from here

now a days call centre are opening up here for this purpose and one that i visited were telemarketing to people in the states by calling from here
[/quote]

thats called outsourcing

where companies in america open call centres here coz its cheaper than openin one in the states coz they can pay ppl much less here

All these companies have centeralized pool for sharing customer contact information therefore if you give it to one, everyone will have it...

guys these telemarketers are poor ppl, desparate to make a sale and some little money. if u dont wanna get the service, just hang up politely

I agree with midhat... these guys can't be having the greatest time in their lives, can they? Just politely say no, and hang up.

^ It's the ethics of the job.

Assassins are kinda like normal people who kill for a living. Next time some assassin comes to your home, lie down and politely refuse to be killed. ;)

^ It’s the ethics of the job.

Assassins are kinda like normal people who kill for a living. Next time some assassin comes to your home, lie down and politely refuse to be killed. ;)

[/quote]

lolz good reply

I occasionally get these calls even though I do no have any credit card. Just two days ago I got a call from I guess UBL for car financing.

a while back sah posted an audio clip from the podcast twit

where a guy trashed a telemarketer

if sah can post it again i m sure ppl will b most amused by it

The share or sale numbers of differnt institues customers. Thats why they we recieve calls from different markiting peopls. When i ever get call, i simply say to them " SORRY I DONT NEED YOUR SERVICES, BYE BYE" and put call at end. I wish to listen that audio clip which sah posted some time ago, which I have not listed earlier.

I still think nothing gives us the right to shout at them it just reflects on our own personality (sorry) best to just hang up and if you are in mood for some fun just play along with them.

well i don’t know if there are any laws about telemarketing, even if there are then the it comes down to implementation which is none.

so the bottom line is all the companies have free ride and they can get away with what ever, and at best all the power you got as a consumer is just to hang up…

take care.

mp3 audio 59kbytes

http://www.geocities.com/k2munda/post00001.mp3

[/quote]

is that ur real accent coz if it is u sound almost like me when i came back from america in 2001