Tech Help on laptop

My Dell D610 is not turing on with battery or with the AC adapter.

About 2 months ago, the battery light on my dell started blink green and red. In the windows, the battery was showing still being charged by the ac adapter, however would it die within 30 minutes. The windows icon of the battery also displayed to change the battery.

I kept on using the laptop since I really didn't require the battery backup, as I only worked with AC adapter plugged in.

Yesterday, while I was using my my laptop plugged, it suddenly shutdown. :(. I pushed the power button, nothing happened . DEAD!. hmm.... then I unplugged the ac adapter from the laptop and the power. Tried turning laptop on nothing. I plugged the charger back in to the power outlet, the AC adapter light came on. When I tried to plug the AC adapter into the Dell D610, the light on the AC adapter would shut off.

What could be the problem? I removed the battery, and plugged the AC adapter in the laptop, the light on AC adapter still would shut off... hmmm....

Any one had this issue before? I know you will say that I might need to change the battery, however the laptop should still work with ac adapter and with battery, shouldn't it?

Please help!

I have checked the battery and charger with another laptop and it is working fine.

Your over all experience with it and seeing the explanation you gave above, shows that the problem could be with both the Battery and the AC Adapter. You shouldn't have used the AC Adapter if it's acting like that you mentioned. Using an AC Adapter with bad health could harm the Laptop's Components along with the battery.

However as you have tested the battery and charger with another laptop and found them working fine. I would suggest to test also your D610 with another set AC Adapter and Battery. I suppose you do have them with the other laptop with which you tested your Battery and AC Adapter.

Edit: Also mention that for how long have you been using the battery with D610.

Bought the laptop about 2 years ago from Uni Center for and it has been working fine. I think it is a the DC power jack problem.

Check out the comments on this post and the Update from the author.

http://ahwee.com/how-to-disassemble-laptop-dell-latitude-d610#comment-8002

Do you know of any good Laptop repair shop near Aisha Manzil, Karachi. I dont want to drive all the way to Uni Center.

However as you have tested the battery and charger with another laptop and found them working fine. I would suggest to test also your D610 with another set AC Adapter and Battery. I suppose you do have them with the other laptop with which you tested your Battery and AC Adapter.