Task Manager in SONY Xperia S

Hi there,

I'm unable to find any built in programme to clear RAM or Task Manger in my new SONY Xperia S. Any suggestion for that? I've tried a task killer from market but that is not working at all.

Thanks

Short answer: DON'T. If you use a task manager, you're not letting Android do it's work. Android does NOT need a task manager since it's been designed to handle memory on it's own.

You can read LOTS and LOTS of material on it online.

Oh - and task managers might induce a higher battery drain than you would normally want, and it might stop alarms from sounding off, push notifications from working, SMS not being received... anything, since you're not Android do it's thing, and forcing another program to tinker with the memory.

[quote=“shaheerk, post:2, topic:16931”]

Oh - and task managers might induce a higher battery drain than you would normally want, and it might stop alarms from sounding off, push notifications from working, SMS not being received… anything, since you’re not Android do it’s thing, and forcing another program to tinker with the memory.

[/quote]

Hmmm, if you used Samsung GS2, a task manager is built in come with it and also I’ve seen in HTC Sensation XE, they are not basically power savers, like a programme crashed and it will just end that process. I’m facing that skype stop working in this phone and I’ve to restart each time to sign in again. In GS2 with that task manager (in other words clear the RAM yourself by selecting programmes yourself) you don’t need to restart the phone.

Those task managers are different than the task managers you get on the Android market. In fact, those task managers are pretty much in concept the same as the task manager found in ICS (the apps menu).

If you can get THOSE types of programs, fine - since they don't tinker with the core OS. The task managers available on the market, mostly tinker with the core apps.

There is another way - albeit a longer way: go to your application settings, tap on the respective app, and force-stop it from there.

Hmmm I hope this will work, but why this idea did not come in my mind :) Thanks for reminding me....

No prob! :)