System requirments for DSL?

I want to know that is computer sysmet deos effects on Braodband DSL connection speed ??

And what system requirments we must have to get a 1MB connection,so please share your knowledge.Thanks

No system requirements. As long as your PC has a LAN card, you are cool and yeah lots and lots of hard disk space if you will be downloading 24x7 with the 1Mbps :P

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

No system requirements. As long as your PC has a LAN card, you are cool and yeah lots and lots of hard disk space if you will be downloading 24x7 with the 1Mbps :P
[/quote]

Thanks Joker,yea i will but if electricity alow :slight_smile:

just a lan card..

electricity has nothing to do with it.. Just need a lan card.

electricity has nothing to do with it… Just need a lan card.
[/quote]

electicity has everything to do with it… he meant that with six hours of loadshedding you can only download so much as you cannot leave your computer’s power on at night… cuz you never know that it might fluctuate a little… i personally don’t care about it and my computer is on 24/7 and with my 1mb connection i have filled up 2 TB of data and am out of space:(

Cash is also is part of requirment for getting DSL. ;)

electicity has everything to do with it… he meant that with six hours of loadshedding you can only download so much as you cannot leave your computer’s power on at night… cuz you never know that it might fluctuate a little… i personally don’t care about it and my computer is on 24/7 and with my 1mb connection i have filled up 2 TB of data and am out of space:(

[/quote]

^yes that was what i mean by,so dont you think so electricity has nothing really to do?? as we are again facing BLACK DOWN after passing peaceful Ramazan Mubarak

just a lan card…
[/quote]

I got lan card is very important for that,so a better system does’nt effect on the speed compare to a normal P3 ?

No TeraBite

well a better speed is more dependent on your ISP and the infrastructure u use than p3 p4 or C2D, for normal daily routine browsing, IM's,downloading 24/7, playing online light java games it wont be hell lot of difference in speed in between, yeah playing counterstrike or something similar yeah then it wud be there, so if u r not going to do that, dont worry go ahead it and have fun

well a better speed is more dependent on your ISP and the infrastructure u use than p3 p4 or C2D, for normal daily routine browsing, IM’s,downloading 24/7, playing online light java games it wont be hell lot of difference in speed in between, yeah playing counterstrike or something similar yeah then it wud be there, so if u r not going to do that, dont worry go ahead it and have fun
[/quote]

Thanks IQ,yeah im not a fond of gaming