System Crash

Man, I dunno what's wrong with my current system. I went away for 10 days, came back and turned on my pc. It ran for about an hour then froze. I found that strange since I run vista for weeks on end without restarting and it never slows and certainly never freezes. Since the system was totally non responsive I had to do a hard restart with the reset button on the case. The first message I saw after the reset on the screen was 'writing bios to harddisk'. Then vista booted up fine and ran for another two hours. Then it froze again, no matter what I do now it won't boot. The USB mouse and keyboard don't work, no power is comming to them, the lcd goes into standby mode as if the pc is turned off. The power supply is fine because all three dvd drives open and close and hard drives spin. It seems to be a motherboard thing.

What could be happening ??

judai mar gai

seems to me like a harddisk fault!

but wild guesses wont help it would be better if you took your computer to a computer shop for a proper diagnose

Remove all your RAM sticks, HDD, make sure the CPU fan is running, reset BIOS, and then insert one of your RAM stick and see if it runs.

^ Same as above. Take off all devices and add them one by one. While doing this, turn the system on in between even if RAM or Gfx card is not connected. When turning it off to connect devices, disconnect the power cord of the PSU totally.

Took the system apart. Even the heat sink, re assembled it from scratch one by one. Every thing's working now.Will leave it on for a day or two and see if it freezes or resets.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Took the system apart. Even the heat sink, re assembled it from scratch one by one. Every thing’s working now.Will leave it on for a day or two and see if it freezes or resets.
[/quote]

Insha Allah it will be fine. I don’t know about you guys, but I’ve had my fair share of weird experiences, where my system would act like a 6 year old stubborn kid, silently asking for a lollipop or just a hug! :D. Like once it won’t detect anything in my USB ports, until I took my sound card out :D.

Computers are supposed to be the most logical things out there but sometimes they do the most unexpected and illogical stuff.

Btw any one here using Arctic Silver 5 ?