Syncing problem

Ive mentioned this problem in the PTCL thread quite alot of times but as no one has really responded to it, ive decided to make a new thread for it.

Here's the thing, its been around 2-3 months since im using PTCL dsl and im having syncing issues since the very beggining.. I asked them they said i had to remove joints from my phone line. As i was busy with papers i didnt bother to do so but i did remove the joints a few days back and was still having this syncing problem.. I called PTCL help line and it has always been engaged. Once i did get through and he took my complaint, said he is going to forward it and he asked me to stay on the line.. and then hung up.. Lol.

Anyway i've tried pretty much everything, I just tried one more thing today and maybe that was the problem and i want to know if its possible that i was having Unsyncing issues due to my router? My dsl Modem is first connected to a Wireless DLink Router and then connected to 2 PC's and 1 PS3.. Im using DSL direct with Modem right now without the router connected and im getting 100K+ on torrents which i never used to get with the router connected and so far for 1 hour i havent had any syncing issues. Can a router be the cause of the modem losing sync?

Also, i need to connect another PC and my PS3 to the DSL modem so i have to use the router and i also need to get rid of the sync problem. So advice me guys to what i should do.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Ive mentioned this problem in the PTCL thread quite alot of times but as no one has really responded to it, ive decided to make a new thread for it.

Here’s the thing, its been around 2-3 months since im using PTCL dsl and im having syncing issues since the very beggining… I asked them they said i had to remove joints from my phone line. As i was busy with papers i didnt bother to do so but i did remove the joints a few days back and was still having this syncing problem… I called PTCL help line and it has always been engaged. Once i did get through and he took my complaint, said he is going to forward it and he asked me to stay on the line… and then hung up… Lol.

Anyway i’ve tried pretty much everything, I just tried one more thing today and maybe that was the problem and i want to know if its possible that i was having Unsyncing issues due to my router? My dsl Modem is first connected to a Wireless DLink Router and then connected to 2 PC’s and 1 PS3… Im using DSL direct with Modem right now without the router connected and im getting 100K+ on torrents which i never used to get with the router connected and so far for 1 hour i havent had any syncing issues. Can a router be the cause of the modem losing sync?

Also, i need to connect another PC and my PS3 to the DSL modem so i have to use the router and i also need to get rid of the sync problem. So advice me guys to what i should do.

[/quote]

Yar clean ur RJ11 sockets and make sure its free of DUST , rj11 contacts can be blocked by DUST , clean em …

secondly make sure there is no noise in ur line , little is ok but too much is bad.

thirdly use spliiter provided with modem even if u dont connect telephone with DSL.

first point cleaning is very imp too…make sure modem RJ11 socket is also free of dust.

Ahsan

get a new dsl modem that has more ethernet ports on it. They're available in the market

ur router was one of the unnecessary connections. uv identified the problem. good enough.

Now dish out some money for a new dsl modem/router combination (i think its called a dsl router or something)

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

get a new dsl modem that has more ethernet ports on it. They’re available in the market

ur router was one of the unnecessary connections. uv identified the problem. good enough.

Now dish out some money for a new dsl modem/router combination (i think its called a dsl router or something)

[/quote]

Actually… Now its out syncing again… So it wasnt really the router problem… I called up PTCL and told the… They’ve asked me to call back again tommorow to ask for the status of my complaint and give me my complain number… Lets see what they do.

change the wire coming from the pole to your house

Im so frustrated. I've done everything i could on my part.. Tried changing wires.. I cut all the telephone wires and joined them all again so that if there was any rust or anything on the wires it has been removed now.. Every possible thing that i could do, ive done.

I call the PTCL line up yesterday.. Gave me a complain number.. And asked me to call today and ask the status. I got 2-3 calls today in day time asking if my phone was working.. I said yeah phone is working but dsl getting disconnected every 10 minutes.. The guy just ignored me and said phone is working fine though right? I said yeah.. And he hung up.. I called PTCL and asked for the status.. They didnt tell me the status instead told me to do this and do that.. You know as if the operator just wanted to get rid of me.. Like as we say in urdu "Topian Karana"..

This is so frustrating.. I dont know what else should i try now ???

I got these values from my modem page. Can someone please tell me if they are good enough or not? and analyse them ?

noise margin upstream: 20 db

output power downstream: 18 db

attenuation upstream: 23 db

noise margin downstream: 10 db

output power upstream: 14 db

attenuation downstream: 42 db