Symbian

What are the features included in a symbian phone?

What does S60 mean?

Can I create word documents in it? or install dictionary?

Please help!!!

Nobody has replied to your post because it is a very difficult question for the wiredpakistan users!

yes u can install dictionary software in s60 phones..u can also use word documents like with pdf n doc extensions...u just need to install softwares for these applications.....symbian is basically an operating system n it can handle every type of supported software..s60 is the symbian version used in nokia's 6 and early 7 series sets like n70, n72 6630 etc

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Nobody has replied to your post because it is a very difficult question for the wiredpakistan users!
[/quote]

the question by doncapricorn is not difficult to answer I can answer it in detail, but…

why do you think so ??? I think this will be more difficult question for you… can you answer it with detail. why do you think so???

edit: there are much users, will answer right away. I just cant right now… just logged in to give you a reply on your thoughts.

I am not answering because of some other business. sorry for that.

Last edited by bellskar (Today 6:26 pm)

edit: now editing for the answer to doncapricorn

Q2: What does S60 mean?

A: S60 is one of the series of Nokia mobile phones. S60 is a short word of “Series 60”. and the mobile phones in this series are based on Symbian Operating System. with different updating editions and versions of Symbian and Feature Packs. and with different User Interfaces.

Q1: What are the features included in a symbian phone?

A: for more details on features of Symbian Phones, you can just search google.

but I can give you most prominent use of Symbian Phones, what most of the users want their phones to have things in it.

this will cover up your 3rd Question as well.

Symbian platform is the only one that gives you a wide range of applications for your phone (more than any other platform, windows mobile, java, brew, palmpc, etc…).

there is a lot but you can find it on google so no need to exand the thread. but only giving you some touch to it.

Symbian is based on C++. that’s why in recent days it’s getting more and more and more in it with regular updates of productivity.

in the early days only Nokia was manufacturing their S60 phones on Symbian platform and they were sticking to it and also investing in Symbian development to keep it the leader.

but now why almost all of the Manufacturers and Companies are deploying it on the up comming phones. the reason is simple they want stay and compete other products in market

Q3: Can I create word documents in it? or install dictionary?

AI think you found the answer of this question… right?

I am sure that 98% Wiredians can answer this question (What is Symbian and S60? etc.).

But this is not a question, this is a lazy person asking others to teach him/her because he/she can't do a simple search in Google.

^yep wampyr.

I got time just right now and just updated my last post with some of my opinion. I think that will be enough for the question initiator. he can google it for more.

Your the man bellseker.:)

thanks buddy.

but you always miss-spelled my nick :rolleyes:

not accusing any way :)

lols

Off Topic:

What does that mean by the way?

thanks buddy.

but you always miss-spelled my nick :rolleyes:

not accusing any way :)

[/quote]

Thank God he doesn’t misspelled a lot towards bellsucker :D Just kidding. :D

To clear everyone. It’s bellskar, bellskar, bellskar.

Our friend bellskar.

P.S. bellskar, bellskar, bellskar, bellskar, bellskar, bellskar, bellskar all the way! bellskar! bellskar? bellskar! bellskar :)

Thank God he doesn’t misspelled a lot towards bellsucker :D Just kidding. :D

To clear everyone. It’s bellskar, bellskar, bellskar.

Our friend bellskar.

P.S. bellskar, bellskar, bellskar, bellskar, bellskar, bellskar, bellskar all the way! bellskar! bellskar? bellskar! bellskar :)

[/quote]

Hahahahhahahahahaa

Man i just thought about it. By the having a serious problem, See if both of you can help me.

@ bellskar

Congratulations on your 500 posts. 5 centuries! :)

P.S. Don't worry about doncapricorn. He won't mind if we hijack this thread. :)

Thank God he doesn’t misspelled a lot towards bellsucker Just kidding.
[/quote]

should I laugh??? :confused:

ok. hahahahahhah :D

any way on that time I could be offensive ;). and may be a modderator can ban him too. favor me mods :P

and sorry it’s going off the topic.

but I need to thank you guys.

edit: sorry I am again in

:P but I noticed the 500 thing. I am silver member. nice :)

thank you

edit: mmm bellskar?? means BELLS well known word. it’s named in some of our family businesses. and KAR is my initials. that’s it. thanks for concerning

Sah will be here soon ;)

Offtopic Help:

Help me with Ubuntu guys. Im dead. Check out my thred if you missed it.

Symbian OS is an operating syatem for mobiles developed by Symbian Ltd. Symbian OS has 46% share in market surpassing its competitors (Apple having 17.3% (through iPhone OS), RIM:15.3% and Microsoft :13.5% (through Windows CE and Windows Mobile). Other competitors include Palm OS, Qualcomm's BREW, Google Android, SavaJe and MontaVista Software.) (Source: Wikipedia)

The user interface is your mobile phone. Nokia is one such platform.

The features include PTT, Multimedia, video calls etc.

Ok I think I shouldn't have asked this question.

My question should have been:

How do I install Softwares into my Nokia 6120 Classic?

Secondly: What is the source of these softwares? Search the web?

It has quickoffice but I can't open my CV(word.doc) in it.

do you want a fully working and open your documents your quick office. Come join http://www.getapps.co.cc and giv a request in the forum at the right section. I will help out. And also join this forum for all plateforms

How do I install Softwares into my Nokia 6120 Classic?

Secondly: What is the source of these softwares? Search the web?

It has quickoffice but I can’t open my CV(word.doc) in it.

[/quote]

in Nokia 6120 Classic, pre-installed QuickOffice v3.8.x, supports reading and opening compatible document/spreadsheet/powerpoint files. it supports files of [Microsoft Office 97 - 2003]. newer versions also support Office 2007, and premium versions supports editing files as well.

but for some reason the pre-installed QuickOffice doesn’t take requests to scan the phone for new files.

so. just you need to copy the compatible file on your phone in known location.

in your phone, open Nokia File Manager, locate the file where you just coppied it. Select that file and just choose Options>Open.

it will just launch QuickOffice and will open your file in it.

note that the file will be shown as un-known format with question mark [?] in File Manager. but you just proceed to open it it will open that file if the file is really compatible.

====

to install any application in S60 3rd Ed. phone,

1. you can transfer any installable .sis , .sisx , or .jar file to your phone and just run this file in your phone. the application will be executed or will be installed.

or

2. you must have a Nokia PC-Suite, via PC-Suite you can install from your PC directly to your connected phone.

=====

and where can you get applications, google it. you can find a lot of stuff on the internet. also free and licensed versions as well of applications.

http://www.s60.com/life/application

http://www.handango.com/

http://www.softwaremarket.nokia.com/

search google, there is a lot. free

u can do everything eith S60:|