Suspension of Star Channels

What's up with the cessation of broadcast of Star channels including Star Sports, Star Movies and Nat Geo? I've heard PEMRA suspended their license.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

I am a big fan of Star Movies and specially Nat Geo. I don't know what happened :(

I think they'll be available on Desi or digital cable - just not officially.

It’s sad that they’re getting disconnected from Pakistan - cause they leave us with literally very few decent English entertainment options.

Its our local cable walas fault. who do not bother buying licensed content and equipment and go for cheaper alternatives like using Dish Tv decoders to get Star channels. so its a good decision taken by Star Network.

But won’t they continue doing the same thing? Yes, they were doing it, but I don’t think this decision will change what and how most cable walay show channels anyway.

Sigh.

Star and fox has closed their business from Pakistan

Their landing rights were still valid but they closed their own and 9 channels closed in Pakistan

[quote=“shaheerk, post:5, topic:21823”]

But won't they continue doing the same thing? Yes, they were doing it, but I don't think this decision will change what and how most cable walay show channels anyway. Sigh.

[/quote]

Cable operators were not buying their equipment and paying subscription. as Star said "closing their business" so they were doing business here and loosing money.

Anyway Pakistan is a failed nation. they are not leaving but saying "go F yourselves suckers" -_-

Edit: Nayatel already switched to Sun Direct (indian DTH) decoders for Nat Geo Wild and Star Sports channels.

[quote=“ShuAK, post:7, topic:21823”]

Edit: Nayatel already switched to Sun Direct (indian DTH) decoders for Nat Geo Wild and Star Sports channels.

[/quote]

Yeah saw that last night. I have a power outage right now, so I wonder if they'll bring the other channels back on analog.

Edit: they replaced Sky News with DW, Star Movies is being relayed through Dialog DTH, so... I'm really not sure what's going on.

owners of tatsky and dish tv still have access to those channels? cz they are paid official services..

^^^Star ending their business in "Pakistan". Tata Sky, Dish TV and all Indian DTH services are India based so these are safe. and im sure these widely available DTH services and their recharge walas are the main reason Star decided to end their business here. Bcoz these are "Official" services only in India. <_<

Fair enough. Though cable operators will switch to DTH which won't make much difference, rather the Indian version will have access to certain competitions like FIFA and ICC World Cups whose broadcast used to be blocked here due to rights restrictions.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

[quote=“ShuAK, post:10, topic:21823”]

^^^Star ending their business in "Pakistan". Tata Sky, Dish TV and all Indian DTH services are India based so these are safe. and im sure these widely available DTH services and their recharge walas are the main reason Star decided to end their business here. Bcoz these are "Official" services only in India. <_<

[/quote]

That is indeed good reasoning.. :)

[quote=", post:11, topic:21823"]

Fair enough. Though cable operators will switch to DTH which won't make much difference, rather the Indian version will have access to certain competitions like FIFA and ICC World Cups whose broadcast used to be blocked here due to rights restrictions. Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

[/quote]

all local cable INDIAN chanels from Dish and tata are actually much better in quality than our local Geo Dunia and Hum tv.. evn ARY which is supposed to be digital, (ARY Digital :) ) has very snow flake, waves grainy picture.

When ban on oindian chanels and local suppliers taking feed from Dish, these indian channels have almost VCD like quality while every other chanel is bad..

those officially recieved indian chanels for which cable people pay to pemra or recieve from central supply from main broadcasters have worst picture.. 9x, Sony, zee , etc..

DStv days were awesome, now this tata dish etc is all crap for crap people >_> you pay for to watch commercials and repeated programs

DStv had

Best movies selection
No ads
Less airtime gap between USA programming times

Bring it back… :angry:

STAR TV and Fox International Channels are closing in Pakistan from 1st Jan 2015.
Following television channels has announced to close their business in Pakistan

1. Fox News
  2. Sky News
  3. Star Sports 1
  4. Star Sports 4
  5. National Geographic
  6. National Geographic Wild
  7. Star Movies
  8. Star World
  9. Channel V

are closing their business in Pakistan.

Email from Nayatel:

Dear Valued Customer,

Fox News, Sky News, Star Sports 1, Star Sports 4, National Geographic, National Geographic Wild, Star Movies, Star World and Channel V are closing their business in Pakistan and will not be available on our analog network after 31st December 2014.

We are sorry for inconvenience but we don't have any control over this situation.

yesterday in afternoon, i visited the DWN office, and they are still running all star channels.. including Star movies HD (and ten sports HD.)

Cable operators are routing it through indians dth (the dth logo) is visible but on ptcl iptv the channels are back without any logos .. Hows this possible?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is that why Bloomberg is no longer on cable? :(

^^^Asian beam of Bloomberg was encrypted on satellite (Asiasat 7) few years ago and cable operators didnt bother much to buy their decoders. Some big cable operators are showing European beam which is FTA on Hotbird.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Cable operators are routing it through indians dth (the dth logo) is visible but on ptcl iptv the channels are back without any logos .. Hows this possible?

[/quote]

Same on Nayatel, i dont know why they issued so many notices about their disappearance from Pakistani airwaves when it was obvious they'll surely use Indian DTH decoders for these channels. -_-

About the logo, many cable operators now a days use a special device which decodes saveral Dish TV's encrypted channels with just one smart card. A Dreambox or any digital FTA reciever is required to tune and decode those channels so no dedicated decoder hence no logo. :)

Does it mean we will never see National Geographic (Hindi)?? :(