Survey on seedboxes

I was thinking to start seedbox services with a friend, so i need some information on what people want. Like, price, space, bandwidth etc. Help me out here! :)

u need a good vps or dedicated server , better if offshore vps or d. server...

with unmetered bandwidth pipe...better if 100mbps unmetered or according to your customers base n plans... its the most expensive part..

n space as much as ur plans require.. space is the cheapest thing n u can get alot of it in very less..

n atleast 1 or 1.5gb ram for server..

so go n check prices.. cuz there are so many different hosts with so many different prices...

Why dont you pick the best three, and then ask which is the best

Servers are not the problem. You didn't get me, i was talking about what consumer want for the price he pay.

^ well if you start the seed box then do offer here caz i need them badly and the price should be reasonable that wouldn't make a hole in our pockets :P

actually prob is tht prices of seedboxes feel very high in pakistani rupees but they are pretty reason able in us dollas.. so you can make cheap seedboxes by overselling.. like this dude also has very good packages..

rapidleechhost.com

ruhaan also had pretty nice seedbox plans before he was abducted by aliens... :P

Where is now now, doing something with his Linux ?

^

as i told he was abducted by aliens...

:D

no one knows where is he or whats he doing..

http://kimsufi.co.uk/ks/

Check the site out.

C-05G model server offers great bang for buck. Have personally used it for 6months & have shared it with people, in total I shared it with 2 friends of mine & have had no hardware slowing related problems. I think 2gb ram is good. 500gb hdd & you can have more HDD's added too what more can you ask?

They are offering it for 19.99 pounds buy the servers & offer good packages.

Dedicated - 1 user only. Price will be high those willing to pay will get em.

Shared - 3-4 users per server. Monthly price will be low so people can easily afford the seedbox.

Personally speaking if you are starting this service & the prices are right. I'll be buying a dedicated server from you.

P.S ruhaan was offering the seedbox at a good rate but the speed he was giving was way too low...5mbps that is really low considering he had a 1gbps server.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

^

as i told he was abducted by aliens…

:D

no one knows where is he or whats he doing…

[/quote]

What was the gender of those aliens. :P

Anyway. I think cheap packages at Rs 100/month will defiantly do atleast for me, even if it means space upto 5 gb.

^ Oh 100 is very less.

I think more money is needed for seedboxes. Well if cheap seedboxes are provided here then I'll be interested in taking for myself.

I'm still doing a little research and i hope i'll manage cheap rates.

^ Will wait for you. If rates are reasonable then a lot of people use these seedboxes including me.

i can start the seedbox business too but prob is you cant get much profit by selling to pakistani people....

even 3-5$ are too high for them...

lolzzz

People should manage 400-500Rs per month :D Its not that hard

^

yea they SHUD but they dont...

they can pay 5000 more bill of electricity which wud pile up cuz of their PC running all nites for seeding... but they dont spare 1000 for seedbox...

^

I agree, i never quite understand people's thinking here & i think i never will.

@OP

Please email me the cost of a kimsufi dedi. that i mentioned in my earlier post or anything better you have in mind.

^

yea they SHUD but they dont…

they can pay 5000 more bill of electricity which wud pile up cuz of their PC running all nites for seeding… but they dont spare 1000 for seedbox…

[/quote]

Exaggeration. PC costs hardly exceed 1000rs a month. Anyways, for those who use torrents, they should get a seedbox for a month and seed enough for a year ;)

Not everyone uses private trackers, by the way.

i can start the seedbox business too but prob is you cant get much profit by selling to pakistani people…

even 3-5$ are too high for them…

[/quote]

Shaan-o-Shoukat you should start free beta service for WP members. After some time we will see how much to pay you. :)