Super NRG Savers

http://www.supernrgsaver.com

It's Local Company. Has any one have Price idea or experience with them?

Its now advertised on tv.

It is the same company which manufactures Treat Blades,Razors and Treat motorcycles also. Its called Get Technologies. They have introduced these LED energy savers now.

Another local company, in commercial and industrial LED Lighting

http://www.microlite.com.pk

price?

Good quality LED Lights usually range

From Rs 300-350 / Watt for low power lights (3-5W)

Around Rs.250-300 / Watt for medium power (10-20W)

And Rs.200-250 / Watt for high power lights (25-60W)

Do they really worth i mean do they really give better light and i need more than one blub to make better light in room??????

i mean one led is enough for one energy savor ???/

--

yeah i'm curious too...since they are lyk 3-7Watts and LEDs which tend to have lesser brightness then Bulbs and energy savers...If any one experiences so do let us know.

Few Facts about LED lights

1) Some (but not all) LED lights have higher light output / watt as compared to CFL (tube light + energy saver). LED light can reach 90-110 Lumens / Watt while tube light / energy saver is at about 45-55 Lumens / Watt. So you can see that half energy is saved using proper LED light.

2) Light output from any light source degrades over the time and this is also true with LEDs. But since LEDs are semiconductors and don't have filaments or electrodes, they have very good life. Good quality Illumination Grade LED should last for 40,000-50,000 hours. While energy savers typically last for only 2000-4000 hours.

3) Replacing a 23W energy saver with a 3W LED light is a joke. A 23W Energy saver will provide you with 23W x 50 Lumen/Watt = 1150 Lumens while a 3W LED Light will provide 3W x 100 Lumens / Watt = 300 Lumens. Now you can see that you are saving energy at the expense of reduced light. Some TV commercials are misleading the people these days.

4) Energy Saver and Tube Light are 360 degree light sources, which means they emit light in every direction, illuminating all the area. LED lights are directional (typically 60 - 120 degree spread), so you need to install them on the ceiling (in most of the cases) if you need a uniform beam pattern on the floor.

5) There are two types of White LEDs (used for illumination). First type is low power LEDs which are typically SMT type. This type really gives very good light and have 90-100 Lumens / Watt efficacy. Second type is High Power LED which are 1W (each LED) to 10W type. Manufacturing a high power LED, although reduces the size and thus spaced required, but at the expense of reduced light. These are typically upto 50 -60 Lumens / Watt only.

6) Any LED light will save you more energy if it has a power supply (AC Mains --> DC conversion) with Power Factor Correction. So what is a Power Factror? In simple words, it is a measure of how effectively a device utilize the electrical energy (it is a number from 0-1). As an example, almost all of the energy savers / tube lights(available here) have a power factor of 0.50 - 0.55, so an energy saver of 23W with PF of 0.5 is actually billing you electricity 23/0.5 = 46W (it is now actually VA rating). That is the reason when you install a UPS or Electric Generator, you always take into account VA rating of the load rather than its rated Watts. You will be surprized to know that your electricity meter (digital type) is billing you on VA ratings. Thats why people who got digital meters installed often complaint of very high bills.

I hope this answers most of the questions.... though I can write more but I think this post has already become too lengthy to read....

[Edit] Some spelling corrections....

Ijaz, that post is full of useful information. Thanks for sharing it here!

There are also devices available which claim to correct the power factor, how effective are they?

Glad to know that it was informative for you. That was the sole purpose of writing the post..

Power factor correction is of two types.

1) Active Power Factor Correction

An electronic circuit which measures the power factor and then decides how much correction is actually required. Most of the times, the PF correction is needed due to inductive loads. So the Active PFC correction adds capacitors to the circuit to compensate for the inductive load. Due to its measurement capability, it knows how much correction is required.

2) Passive Power Factor Correction

Does not measure the power factor but adds a fixed amount of correction all the times. This can give some benifit only when your power factor is in the range for which the correction is designed. If your power factor is not in that range, these devices being passive, add fuel to fire... i.e. instead of any benifit they actually make your electric meter to run faster and you will need to pay more bills.

I have seen those devices which you are mentioning. Those are type 2 devices which are passive power factor correction. They just add a fixed amount of capacitors to your AC line. When your refridgerator or fans are running, it gives you some benifit. But when there is no inductive load, such device itself degrades the power factor (towards capacitive side) and net result remains same.

I don't see any benifit of such devices, if they save you some money at sometimes, they do the reverse at other times. So your average is same..

--

As a matter of fact, if you really want to replace your existing CFL lights with LED lights, you should select an LED lights which is at least half the power of the CFL light. A 23W energy saver should be replaced with at least 12-15 Watt LED light. Only then you will have same illumination levels. And a 40W (4 feet) tube rod should be replaced with a linear LED light of at least 20 Watts.

As a side note, if you use LED light for 10 hrs/day, the ROI (Return Over Investment) period is about 15 months.

--

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

But I think LED light is intense and not good for eyes and especially for kids who start staring at lights for no reason.
[/quote]

True (to some extent) becasue LED is a kind of spot light source and if you have a power LED (3W or more single LED) it is dangerous to stare into it.

But some LED lights are made up of many many small LEDs (individual LED does not have enough brightness) spread over a large area, these lights have no such risk. I have some installed at my home.

--

Brightness is really amazing and comfort lighting

If you are in Islamabad, I know some places where all LED lights are installed with no CFL at all.

3-5 watt LED are more than enough for reading purpose. A 10 watt LED is too bright for indoor use I think. For more info check http://www.philipslumileds.com

We are talking about uniform illumination in the room. As a spot light, yes, you can read under 3-5W light.

I have used LED lights and 10W LED light is not sufficient for uniform illumination in a normal size room.