Super Cheap Wireless Internet?

Wirless Internet has less maintenance costs and is more efficient and easy to maintain and run then wire'd DSL. But why PTCL charge more on wireless and less on DSL.

In my opinion, PTCL should massively switch to wirless and stop their regular DSL connections. It will help them and everyone.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Wirless Internet has less maintenance costs and is more efficient and easy to maintain and run then wire’d DSL. But why PTCL charge more on wireless and less on DSL.

In my opinion, PTCL should massively switch to wirless and stop their regular DSL connections. It will help them and everyone.

[/quote]

thru this dsl ptcl again stoood up at there feets

[/quote]

Wireless connections have their own limitations, they are generally considered a second option when a reliable connection is required. I have used both wireless and wired internet and I can safely say that wired DSL connection is definitely better when it comes to reliability, consistency and heavy internet usage.

Thats not true. Whole world is switching to WIRELESS. Wired internet is becoming obsolete all around the world. Its expensive to maintain and run and you have to look after alot of things.

The reason you think DSL is better because you used PTCL wireless. If PTCL would concentrate proper on wireless only, its gona give 100% more speeds and cheaper internet. Thats whats happening all around the world. Check o2, virgin etc internet.

Whats the use of wired dsl when its not working the way it should.Every day some problem occurs..sometimes the phone is dead...sometimes someone is digging up the street & cutting up the wires ..sometimes the lineman changes the pair without your consent and allot it to someone special :P You've to literally beg the lineman to sort out the problems in your line.Look at ptcl ,its media is totally effd up and still they are providing 8Mbps :| .. Wired is good for them who are having those ONU lines.I hope we get some line options.

Whats the use of wired dsl when its not working the way it should.Every day some problem occurs…sometimes the phone is dead…sometimes someone is digging up the street & cutting up the wires …sometimes the lineman changes the pair without your consent and allot it to someone special :P You’ve to literally beg the lineman to sort out the problems in your line.Look at ptcl ,its media is totally effd up and still they are providing 8Mbps :expressionless: … Wired is good for them who are having those ONU lines.I hope we get some line options.
[/quote]

ONU are just more pathetic then the ordinary copper. My Internet and phone disconnects after every two hours. ONU remains dead for days at long. They upgraded my connection to 4 Mb after a long time and still my upstream wasn’t upgraded. 4mbps.th.jpg

And this the speed i’m getting on a 4MB connection.

lowspeedon4mb.png

By yousaf465 at 2010-09-28

It seems we need to start a our own ISP. :P

Same here my upstream has not been upgraded to 1mb either. Thats why i propose PTCL should switch to wireless only! They will be able to provide better services then by only focusing towards wireless which seems to experience far less problems. Also once they focus all their resources towards wireless internet, they will be able to provide FAR better speeds per user.

I dont know why these people are so keen on managing years old wires.

Wireless isn't reliable, you may checkout these graphs http://wiredpakistan.com/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=176550#p176550 these are wifi signal in my home, and it's the same story with other radio signal. Then there is bandwidth and latency issues with

wireless radio. This will give you some idea about wifi http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wi-Fi#Advantages_and_challenges for other you may see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WiMAX#Inherent_Limitations. and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satellite_Internet_access#Efficiency_increases.