SunTV, Anyone using it?

What about SunTV, is it still available ? goood replacement of Cable and big/long Dish?

Yup bru! it's running and available full time in Islamabad and Rawalpindi. I've been using it since it's inception. It's a great technology but I get dissapointed when I don't see them progressing cauz the way they have managed it, it's a shame. But still it's the best option in the market as the quality is exceptional way better than analog local cable seriously and the best thing is what I've found in last five years that there are no breakdowns and interruptions at all. But if you want quantity of channels Suntv only provides 50 channels bru! Worldcall in Islamabad have recently started digital tv service that can be a huge plus for us as competition will come and quality improves accordingly. More about worldcall digital tv read full topic http://www.wiredpakistan.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7238.

If you feel interested in Suntv I can guide you about it's price as well.

i am using Suntv .. Good quality

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Yup bru! it’s running and available full time in Islamabad and Rawalpindi. I’ve been using it since it’s inception. It’s a great technology but I get dissapointed when I don’t see them progressing cauz the way they have managed it, it’s a shame. But still it’s the best option in the market as the quality is exceptional way better than analog local cable seriously and the best thing is what I’ve found in last five years that there are no breakdowns and interruptions at all. But if you want quantity of channels Suntv only provides 50 channels bru! Worldcall in Islamabad have recently started digital tv service that can be a huge plus for us as competition will come and quality improves accordingly. More about worldcall digital tv read full topic http://www.wiredpakistan.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7238.

If you feel interested in Suntv I can guide you about it’s price as well.

[/quote]

Yes, i am interested.

I live in Karachi, and yes i want to know the package/price of the device etc.

Bru Suntv complete equipment includes a reciever (set top box), LNB Antenna and cable wire. This whole system costs around 11000 in Karachi what I heard from one of my friends. Monthly subscription is 360 Rs. Almost all channels are encrypted via conax system on the reciever and it can last for only month with no grace period given your subscription period. I guess in Islamabad it's cost is Rs. 10000 these days. I bought mine for Rs.3200 and I installed myself so I saved Rs.300 ;).

If you have issues regarding it's price, I would recommend you to check at your nearest satellite systems dealer for a second hand one. Only reciever is costly which is in this case might be around 8500 Rs. i think. However I told ya earlier it's a good technology but at the same time if you have access to worldcall digital cable then check it also. You can see channels list of suntv here http://suntv.org/index_files/page0017.htm and for worldcall here http://worldcall.net.pk/channel_list_digital.php.

good suggestion: 2nd hand

I had heard that new-one cost around Rs.3,000/-

^^It was for 3000 in the beginning but not anymore. Last year my Sun TV receiver were having problems so i went to their authorized dealer in Rwp. they charged 2000 for exchanging my receiver with another second hand (probably repaired) receiver and at that time they were selling Sun TV complete setup for 9000. all second hand and repaired. Sun TV no longer provide new setup. only antenna is available new and its price is 3000. and one more thing from couple of years these receivers are having lot of signal issues specially in summers. so be aware of that. don't know about Karachi.

So if u really want to get Sun TV, then u must take a tour of electronics market and check the status of Sun TV. Setup price, signal issues, recharge card availability and provided channels. It can be a good replacement if everything works fine and u are happy with what they are providing. otherwise keep the good old cable system on standby. Dish antenna system is right now more complicated than before. never think of it as a replacement for cable.

Santa it was 3300 (3000 for equipment and 300 for first month subscription) and me too installed it myself and saved 300 :D. at that time they provided quality equipment specially cable almost 30 meters in length and of good material. im still using it. LNB was also of good quality but didn't use it untill couple of years ago. before that i was using my old SPTV lnb ;). Good old days yaar.

@Shuak

dude any possibility to get free card sharing for Asiasat3S and NSS6?

At Pakistani forum I have tried but didn't succeed.

i havnt use it what is it about?

Hello Guys is this service available only in isb lhr and khi or all over pakistan? :(

Suntv is currently running it's transmission in Islamabad, Karachi & Lahore only. As it is a mmds technology so it can only have a range of about 50 kilometers. So areas comes inside 50km mark can have access to it's service as in Islamabad they have installed whole setup at Damn-e-Koh, for that reason my village near Kahuta comes inside the range of 50 km mark hardly. Even though issues of signals remains but it can be viewable. Suntv station manager once told me that they can increase it's range by installing transmittors i guess for further areas coverage and it goes on from khyber to karachi and i've read it from a website that it's even not very costly. I have no idea why Suntv hasn't progressed at all in this regard. ALLAH knows seriously. Anyway if you are living outside 50 km zone then you can only wait in Pakistan, patience is a better word =)

yup shuak they were very good old days. Yup the equipment at that time they provided was awesome seriously. I am still using the whole system except the reciever in it's original condition. I also replaced my reciever with another repaired reciever from Mr. Arshad who has a shop in imperial market. I guess shuak you also replaced yours from him. Shuak is right about suntv signal issues as many people get affected by it. The new reciever they are providing these days is of very low quality and loses signal very quickly. However I asked today about new complete system of suntv and they are currently providing at Rs.10000 which is I guess very veryyyyyy overpriced. Overpriced in terms also that the activation of your subscription via telephone or sms is very poor. Sometimes it takes two days to activate when their system is busy. Moreover in old days they used to provide free after sales service, however now they charge Rs.100 for even visiting at your premises. Channels are 50 only and not a single channel is different from cable. Customer service is pathetic and if you ask them to change a supersport channel they never bother. Thanks GOD I have their headend number of Damn-e-Koh. I ask those guys even after midnight sometimes they honor my request and that is what I only like about it. Previously we had to search if a new channel comes on suntv, but now they have started shifting channels on the same and you don't have to search for it as in case of mtv and mnet action. But yeah the old days were good.

good information:

thanks buddy.

Anyone else providing WIRELESS TV like SuntV, any idea?

Unluckily no! I heard couple of years back that Wateen is starting a DTH (Direct To Home) service like dish tv in India but I guess there is no chance in near future. PTCL's smart tv is available in most cities of Pakistan. I think you should try it, it's a nice technology though but I am not a huge fan of it.

Anyways Good Luck bru!

:( My telephone exchange dont have DSL yet. therefore i think i should stick with Local Cable Wala.

^^bro its sad but u have to live with it.

@Imran, i havn't tried CS yet but im seriously thinking of entering into CS world. its the only option left to try. At Pakistani forum there are many people providing free servers, i read lot of good reviews about them. they are the best for Asiasat 3S and NSS 6. did u try all of them? otherwise there are hundreds of international forums to look for.

The only problem with SunTV is only 50 Channels.

@ShuAK

I tried but never succeeded in car sharing. PAksitani Forum is a good option, I will try it again.

i am using wateen and the buckeye is also on theroof top which creates some signals problems also.

^^what receiver you are using?