In Islambd, SUN TV is being offered,

does it require decoder device?

if so how much it costs?

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

In Islambd, SUN TV is being offered,

does it require decoder device?

if so how much it costs?

[/quote]

yes required decoder and in Lahore my uncle bought it and not confirm but total cost around 10k , picture qulaity is good but only 50 channels its sucks :(

can i get used deocder only?

can I ?

Yes you can. You just need to have their smart card and their frequency settings.

wow,

a year or so back SUN TV was sold for 3500 rs.

I remember buying our SUN TV connection for 3000rs 3,4 years ago.

and its 10K now :o

SUN TV's pindi office is closed though, and i think people have to go visit their islamabad office for recharging.

There video quality was really superb. I miss my marhoom sun tv decoder now. I was thinking about getting a new SUN TV connection ..but 10k is helluva lot cash. you can get tata-sky for 12-15k .. with more channels.

^But then tata sky will be charging alot more then Sun tv(Rs.360)... N u also cannot have Pakistani news channels on it!!

Dish TV has Pakistani channels on it. Around 10 or so... can't remember the exact number; they could be more or less.

There is no pakistani or islamic channel on dish tv

Peace TV. Express News. I know of these two atleast (our cafe in the university has Dish TV, and that's how I know).

Or it could be another provider.... :S

people still use SUN TV? shocking

^ Whats that much shocking abt it???

because it never took off and it has been dormant for quite some time now.

also i dont really see the point of it since Smart TV is just a heck of a lot better.

Well, the channel lineup on Smart TV actually stinks. Badly.

i have a used Sun Tv Decoder , it is off since 3 years i only used it 1 Month . really crap service ,

if You are entrusted let me know i can sale it , i have to Look into the Store :)

i think you have to pay the Renewel Fee of It .

btw , i am in lahore

i have a used Sun Tv Decoder , it is off since 3 years i only used it 1 Month . really crap service ,

if You are entrusted let me know i can sale it , i have to Look into the Store :)

i think you have to pay the Renewel Fee of It .

[/quote]

Is it still available?

Brother I think DishTV is better. I bought DishTV with 3 month subscription complete for 7500/- three months back from Rawalpindi

2500 for total 24/7 Indian versions of English quality content? Err....

It's not that content on Star Movies, AXN etc is nasty - but I'm more of a purist and I find

a) Indian content to be excessively commercialized and "loud" (although their ads are fun to watch to),

B) a few English channels vis-a-vis a truckload of Indian channels... no! No no no no no!

Oh - and are there any Pakistani channels (or some provision to add Pakistani channels without physically moving the location of the satellite dish)? I ask this in the general interest of my folks at home.

Brother I think DishTV is better. I bought DishTV with 3 month subscription complete for 7500/- three months back from Rawalpindi
[/quote]

DishTV is not OK. Indian channels are not even worth watching on desi cable system let alone spending 7500 one time and then monthly fees. If I wanted headache I’d watch Geo News and listen to one of their news casters with a funny Hindi-ized Urdu accent.