Suggestions for UPS

I bought a local made(EMCP) UPS (2kVA with 190a battery) for my gaming PC. PC load consumption is 600W. The UPS could run the PC fine under idle (browsing, movies) but as soon as it went under load like gaming, my PC restarted. I just could not game on it. So what could be the issue and can you recommend some other UPS company?

Are you running SLI or something? Unless that's the case, a PC wouldn't use more than 300watt. A 2kva desi UPS will give you ~800-900watt. Does it restart as soon as you run a game or does it restart when power goes out and you were gaming?

i'm running a core i5 750 with a gtx 480 so yeah under load it can go as high as 600W taking into consideration PSU inefficiency/wire inefficiency etc. Well it varies. Sometimes it immediately restarts and sometimes it takes 5-10 min before it restarts. This is both when im gaming and light goes, or when light goes and then I start the game.

[quote=“ammarmalik2008, post:, topic:”]

I bought a local made(EMCP) UPS (2kVA with 190a battery) for my gaming PC. PC load consumption is 600W. The UPS could run the PC fine under idle (browsing, movies) but as soon as it went under load like gaming, my PC restarted. I just could not game on it. So what could be the issue and can you recommend some other UPS company?

[/quote]

600W is maximum but average power consumption(and this is not VA which is much higher in case of PC). The peak power consumption of a 600W PC might well exceed the UPS rating (2000VA)thus UPS tripping and restarting again causing your PC to restart.

Can you provide a link to the UPS specifications from manufacturer’s website ?

Peak power drawn by any switch mode power supply is usually 3-5 times higher than its rated (continuous) power. Have you ever noticed when you switch ON a monitor or TV, the house lights get dim for just a moment.

[quote=“ammarmalik2008, post:, topic:”]

[/quote]

It sounds like your gaming card is draining too much Amps, Which Graphics card you have ?

With the holidays approaching, the experts at the UPS Package Lab demonstrate the hard truths about improper packing of all those gifts you.