Suggestions for Gaming Zone

Hey guys! I am planning to organise a gaming zone in Islamabad, and i need your help in suggestions regarding "system specification, setup and anything like this.

i will look forward for your replies and suggestions.

Install Corei7 PC's with monster GFX cards and don't forget the stable internet with 'respectable' speed.

@ Nictor : thanks for ur suggestion.... :)

and don't forget to invest in UPS systems ;)

[quote=“geekcent, post:4, topic:16218”]

and don’t forget to invest in UPS systems ;)

[/quote]

O ya… we surely have to go for it…

Make sure you go for LCDs instead of CRT monitors so that you keep your power bill at minimum. Will save u a lot of money in the long run. You can get used LCD monitors for cheap (just check them model numbers and research for them online to make sure you get the model that require least power. As some old ones can use 50 watt or so whereas relatively newer models use 20-30 watts or less.

I think the gaming zone scene has died out here. Just look at what happened to Neo Matrix in Lahore. At one time, there were atleast 4 of those operating in the city. Now, there's only 1 in Phase II.

@akanuke??? waleeed? D:

just noticed yer nick

[quote=“Rebel640, post:8, topic:16218”]

@akanuke??? waleeed? D:

just noticed yer nick

[/quote]

:D

and start diffrent flavors sheesha along with gaming cafe which will keep your costumers coming back & you will make more money too

[quote=“armada, post:10, topic:16218”]

and start diffrent flavors sheesha along with gaming cafe which will keep your costumers coming back & you will make more money too

[/quote]

Just don’t put the sheesha IN the game room…you’ll damage the pc’s quick.

http://www.facebook....akistan?sk=wall

There PC specs:

Intel Core i3 2100

Sparkle GTX 570

8GB DDR3 ram

60 GB SSD

600W Xigmatek PSU

Intel Motherboard

Dell 23" LED.

374602_223874711016521_200484800022179_540712_1970213814_n.jpg

Home LAN FTW - who needs gaming zones anymore :P

[quote=“Asad_N, post:13, topic:16218”]

Home LAN FTW - who needs gaming zones anymore :P

[/quote]

lolx ya…

[quote=“StrikerX, post:12, topic:16218”]

http://www.facebook…akistan?sk=wall

There PC specs:

Intel Core i3 2100

Sparkle GTX 570

8GB DDR3 ram

60 GB SSD

600W Xigmatek PSU

Intel Motherboard

Dell 23" LED.

374602_223874711016521_200484800022179_540712_1970213814_n.jpg

[/quote]

looking for these… thanx :)

[quote=“v9s, post:11, topic:16218”]

Just don’t put the sheesha IN the game room…you’ll damage the pc’s quick.

[/quote]

o ya … will separate both of 'em…

Well for the marketing side of things you should definitely consult Mohsin "SK" Akram . For the technical side of things you can consult Jahanzeb "JK" Khan. These two guys are very well known in gaming circles around the Rawalpindi/Islamabad area and have worked for many gaming cafes in the area.

My own 2 cents:

For a gaming zone to flourish you absolutely need a few things which most cafe owners fail to notice and hence they close shop in 6 months; You need to sponsor teams for all or most of the popular games.The popular games being

1. Dota

2. Cod4

3. Mohaa

4. Cs 1.6

Sponsorship does not mean that these gamers don't pay when they play at you cafe. It only means they officially represent your gaming zone in all the tournaments. It would be your responsibility to ensure that a team does represent your cafe in every tournament possible helping them with the tournament entries and transportation if necessary.

Secondly a gaming zone needs to host tournaments regularly to stay relevant.

Consoles are very popular these days in gaming cafes. You should definitely try to hook up a few as well.

[quote=“MoHaa, post:15, topic:16218”]

Well for the marketing side of things you should definitely consult Mohsin “SK” Akram . For the technical side of things you can consult Jahanzeb “JK” Khan. These two guys are very well known in gaming circles around the Rawalpindi/Islamabad area and have worked for many gaming cafes in the area.

My own 2 cents:

For a gaming zone to flourish you absolutely need a few things which most cafe owners fail to notice and hence they close shop in 6 months; You need to sponsor teams for all or most of the popular games.The popular games being

1. Dota

2. Cod4

3. Mohaa

4. Cs 1.6

Sponsorship does not mean that these gamers don’t pay when they play at you cafe. It only means they officially represent your gaming zone in all the tournaments. It would be your responsibility to ensure that a team does represent your cafe in every tournament possible helping them with the tournament entries and transportation if necessary.

Secondly a gaming zone needs to host tournaments regularly to stay relevant.

Consoles are very popular these days in gaming cafes. You should definitely try to hook up a few as well.

[/quote]

Thanx MoHaa for this helpful info… i was looking forward for yhis exactly…thanku once again.

i prefer 2 use c2q q9400 2.66 ghz in ur systems with 4 gb of ram & the graphics card should be Nvidia GTX 560Ti or AMD HD 6950 :)

hey akanuke, don't you think Islamabad is under populated as far as gaming is concerned?

Sorry,, I'm not here to disappoint you but this is never ever a good business,

there are many reasons to that.

1) hard core players will still be playing from their homes, or from their own setups

2) equipment is getting out dated very quickly, every month there is a new game and it is demanding more power than the previous one

3) the biggest problem is the power outages in Pakistan, how can you be able to sustain power for this big setup?

4) not most of the people can afford the kind of gaming zones and if you really want to target the elite, you have to make something super exceptional

there are many more reasons for not starting up setup like this,,, hope you will not mind my opinion :) .. gather up your money,,, study the market and see where else you can invest your money.

Unless you are charging 200 per hour, you are never going to make any profit for the next 10 years if you go with some of the specifications listed above. But then, who is gonna come pay 200 per hour?

The most popular games in Pakistan right now, Dota, Mohaa, CSS, CS 1.6 Fifa, Cod4 will run on a dual core with a mid range graphics card and a couple gb ram.

Oh and if you intend on using LCD's dont expect any CS players to show up. Not the hardcore crowd anyway.