Suggestions about history books

Assalama Liekum,

Hope everyone is fine.

I need suggestions about some books on brief history of Pakistan and history of Islam. Preferably it should be in English but Urdu will work too. So please throw some titles. Thanks!

Indo pak history text books for MA students.. by author. MA Abdullah..

Islamic history from Hazrat Mohammad to Khulfaie Rashideen by MA Abdullah.

the further history till hajaj Bin yousaf by Various authours..can be found in any book store...MA History text books.

Reading in urdu will yeild far deeper understanding and thought as english is not a rich language.

For reading and increasing knowledge? or for some preparation?

[quote=“Sani, post:, topic:”]

Assalama Liekum,

Hope everyone is fine.

I need suggestions about some books on brief history of Pakistan and history of Islam. Preferably it should be in English but Urdu will work too. So please throw some titles. Thanks!

[/quote]

First of all DO NOT read those stupid novels on islamic characters and consider them history, because they are just like reading MahaBharta!

There is no book considered more authentic than البدایہ والنہایہ(The begining and the End) by Hafiz ibn-e-Kathir. It is available online both in original arabic text and English Translation.

On islamic history try reading History that was written by central asian historians, as they were mostly neutral, and also reading Ibn-batota's travels wouldn't hurt.

And then comes the other sources always remember not to read from one source, as history is never written honestly.

If i idealize a person i'll make him some super man like person, but at the same time if a you doesn't like that person you'll write the wosrt you could write about him.

So read from multi[ple sources and reflect upon you read and decide what is correct.

And for history of Pakistan you should read, Firstly , ShahabNama by Qudratullah Shahab. This book is his autobiography but it is complete history of pakistan atleast uptil 1970.

This one is a good one in englsih "Pakistan: A Modern History" by "Ian Talbot".

For the incident of Bangladesh you can read "Main ne Dhaka Doobtay dekha" by Brigadier Sideeq Salik.

The only novels i ever recommend to other are "Jab Dhaka Jal raha tha" by A. Hameed and "Udaas Naslaain" by Abdullah Hussain.

[quote=“SupMA5TER, post:3, topic:21072”]

For reading and increasing knowledge? or for some preparation?

[/quote]

Just to increase the knowledge and reading in my leisure time. :)

The history of Pakistan is actually part of the history of Pakistan Army. Or, to put it in a different way, you cannot fully grasp the history of Pakistan without reading and understanding the history of its Army, because the Army was, is and will remain a crucial element of Pakistan's structure and administration.

So I recommend that you read "A History of Pakistan Army" by Brian Cloughley in your leisure time. It is an excellent, entertaining and unbiased (As the author is a foreign Defence Attachee) coverage of Pakistani history.

Are the Pakistan Studies and Islamic studies official curriculum books a rich and unbiased source (Matric or O'Level)?

I believe they are both the most worst historical books taught in pakistan.