Suggestion for a 1 mile race

My friend is tacking place in a race on 20th may which is around 1 mile or 1600 meters. He smokes alot and fact he is a only racer selected from his college. May be his uncle is a sports coach and nobody wanted to participate because of a hot weather here. :P

So he is damn in tension now. He doesnt give a #$%# if he wins or not but he wants to reach at the end line at least so he asked for any suggestion !!! I suggested him drinking 5 canes of redbull before one hour of race :P any ideas or pills which can boost his power or stamina ? By the way he quit smoking for a weak !!!:D

Need some serious help or advice help urgently.

He should consult a physician.

^ Yeah well Thanks for the advice. Any other help full tip ??

There are no miracles pill or drug or magic to turn his body into an efficient sportsman body while years of abuse.

5 tins of Red Bull before race might kill him. It will surely disqualify him if there is any test before race because there is a limit of caffeine intake before sports events.

All he can do is to take non-caffeinated juice (like orange juice, grape juice whatever he likes) and put few pinches of salt and mix with water. Half water and half juice + salt (one liter water + one liter juice and one tea-spoon of salt). Drink it slowly sip by sip daily until race (he can drink plain water too if he feels thirsty). Drink about 2 liters of this mixture everyday. NOT in one gulp or in one sitting but slowly throughout the day.

Eat whatever abusing food he ate usually. Pizza and burgers are good (if he eats them). Avoid tea, coffee, coke, pepsi, green tea, red bull, chocolate and anything that has caffeine (after race he can resume drinking/eating them).

Before the day of race, on 19 of May, drink about 3 liters (a liter more) of mixture that I mentioned above (or even plain water or just juice). He need to drink more water or water based drink the day before race. Remember, not to drink in one sitting, he need to drink little by little through out the day.

On the race day, do not drink too much water. Just drink normal amount of that mixture, maybe just one liter (again not in go, but sip by sip). He do not want too much urine generating while in race.

30 minutes to 15 minutes before race try to release excess water by urine.

Drink a glass of mixture about 5 minutes before race. Start race slowly and make a pace. Do not try to win, he can't win unless other competitors are heavy hash smokers. Just keep running at comfortable pace, do not increase speed.

Best way is to keep himself on the last in race. Do not try to compete any player. Just reach the end-line at very last. Take rest for the whole day and next day. After race he can eat and drink whatever he used to drink.

Just after the race, about 15 minutes after race, he can smoke to release his anxiety and continue his craving for addiction.

^ Thanks for wonderfull suggestion farhaan bhai !!! :D By the way after reading your reply he mixed salt in tang and drinking it and he is asking what it is for ? Stamina ? or power or just consuming salt !! by the way there is no test before race so thats the reason I told him to drink redbull.

In the last can you through some light cos his basic problem is stamina. He gets tired after 200 meters. Smoker you know that :D

i'm not runner but i know one thing stamina comes by continous practice.

^ You mean wampyr :)

By the way, there is no way he can build stamina in 2 days. It need continues training of months to build stamina.

Caffeine is a big NO. It will make him to urinate and release water from his body.

Try to use juice instead of just Tang. Like Nestle's one liter juice (that comes without sugar and salt). Tang is OK only if he can't find nothing.

What I am trying to do is to give him sufficient sodium and potassium along with vitamin C, so that he won't get heart-attack in race. Yup he can have it. Even teenagers can have heart-attack if they try to push their bodies, especially smokers.

Secondly, this is the one of the basic formula that most of sportsmen drink in training and during sports. Remember that this is very basic.

I used to change formula in training to suite my body and change days before sports and change on the day of sport and change after sports. There are many more ingredients that you can add or adjust to suites one's body and body's need.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

i’m not runner but i know one thing stamina comes by continous practice.
[/quote]

Practice with gradual training of body spread over months to make stamina. :)

^ You mean wampyr :)
[/quote]

Alright it is your right. I’m here only for Free Advice! :lol:

more than 2 energy drinks a days is dangerous to heart in some way, so i wont suggest more than 2.

Alright it is your right. I’m here only for Free Advice! :lol:

[/quote]

You are most welcome here with your valuable replies. :)

more than 2 energy drinks a days is dangerous to heart in some way, so i wont suggest more than 2.
[/quote]

Aye! Pirates do not drink energy drinks. Harrr! Harrr!

uh ho pirates, Run! i mean Swim!

according to my doctor cousin u can use anabolic steroids i.e nandrolone , according to him one week chronic use may cause side effects, body builders also use it and shoaib akhtar and asif also used it.

there are other drugs that increase amount of oxygen in ur blood cells than normal, so in when doing heavy work say running due to increased oxygen u burn more calories which gives u extra mileage, buti think nadrolone does not fall in that category.

it increases mass of ur muscles artificially so athletes use it for fast recovery from injuries

according to my doctor cousin u can use anabolic steroids i.e nandrolone , according to him one week chronic use may cause side effects, body builders also use it and shoaib akhtar and asif also used it.

there are other drugs that increase amount of oxygen in ur blood cells than normal, so in when doing heavy work say running due to increased oxygen u burn more calories which gives u extra mileage, buti think nadrolone does not fall in that category.

it increases mass of ur muscles artificially so athletes use it for fast recovery from injuries

[/quote]

If you’re talking about Nitric Oxide / NO, then there’s nothing but contradictory evidence to the success. Steroids don’t even have to be talked about in this case as they’re for improving recovery and thus, indirectly, improving performance in anabolic conditions.

I am not sure why people have to bring drugs into everything. :rolleyes:

wampyr offered some good advice there.

^ I have heard rumors but then I saw documentary at National Geographic to confirm that many steroids use by athletes have really bad side-effects. One of the side-effect is losing man-hood :(

Thanx wampyr! :)

Steriods are dangerous to health if you don't take well enriched diet. Coz my cousin used to take steroids and after a month his health decreased. He was only bones and skin! and he was taken to Italy for medical treatment, lying on the bed for 6months. check this link.

http://www.anaboliceurope.com/sideeffect.htm

Hey thanks everybody for the help. He stood 6th in race amazingly lol and there were 80 of them. Damn man.

Wampyr advice really helped. He drank 2 litres with salt and all and drank 2 redbull canes before race. :D

^In ascending or descending order. Please do confirm it, some times friends tell us he/she came first and after a week it is known from their parents that they were quite rite but they forgot to tell you that they are first in ascending order.

^ Lol no man he stood 7th from top to bottom list :D