Suggestion about PTCL ADSL wifi router

Hey guys,

Currently i am using ptcl ZXDSL 831CII modem with two tp-link routers wr740 and wr840n and 1 belkin router in a 2 canal house, still i'm not getting good signals everywhere, my cousin has the fiberhome(brand) wifi adsl router from PTCL and i can receive his router's signals from my home :/...

Can anyone please suggest me a powerful adsl router or should i just buy the fiberhome one from ptcl?

I want an all in one device with good services for gaming, QoS, port-forward, DMZ functions.

Please Help...

Try this one

http://www.tp-link.com/en/products/details/?model=TL-WA5110G#spec

And try it as repeater, ask your dealer if he is giving you multi version, I don't exact terminology for this but it's access point, router and booster at the same time. And it's normal range is 1 Km and max range is 50 KM as TP-Link says... but forget 50 KM. just try it and you'll love it.

Try it as repeater means, don't throw away your current router, use that one at the same position and place it there and then from menu access newer one and after very easy steps you'll find how to set up as repeater... It will just boost signals of existing device....

^ I hope you're joking. 50KM you say :blink:. Its range doesn't even go beyond 50 feet :angry:. To the OP, do yourself a big favor and get a decent brand router like D-Link, Linksys, or NetGear ( its range is very good and has been working flawlessly for the last 3 years). They're a bit expensive, but they justify their cost with superior range, features and longevity.

EDIT: This modem is close to 8,000/- but provides excellent range and performance.

http://reviews.cnet.com/routers/linksys-e2000-advanced-wireless/4505-3319_7-34103434.html

^ It specifically mentions use of directional antennas.

^ Point being ?

And I specially mentioned to use it as repeater, because I'm having more than 1KM already :)

[quote=“jDk, post:5, topic:16210”]

^ Point being ?

[/quote]

Extra expense will need to be made to purchase high gain directional antenna(s) to realize the longer range.

Stock antennas would work fine for close range.

Yes, high gain directional antenna. These antennas are also used for commercial networking, nationwide.

[quote=“Asad, post:7, topic:16210”]

Extra expense will need to be made to purchase high gain directional antenna(s) to realize the longer range.

Stock antennas would work fine for close range.

[/quote]

Unless he intends to cover the whole block, spending on high gain antennas would be pointless. Buying a higher end model would be sufficient without spending a fortune on high gain antennas.

two things matter alot i this regard!

1. Antenna (6db, 9db etc....) (directional or omni...)

2. Installed Position! (matters alot)

hope it helps!