Suggest UPS: Alfa Digital vs Mercury or else?

I am planning to use a common computer UPS with Desi UPS at back. The reason being Desi UPS produce Square waves which can damage computer parts. Since computer UPS are quite expensive for large backup, i think this setup should work. I expect this configuration should provide 1 to 1.5 hours backup.

I have short listed following models. I would request members who have any experiences with the following should suggest, or if you are using any thing else and like to recommend.

ALFA DIGITAL 600-VA DRY BATTERY 5306-H

Galaxy Price: 5400 Rs.

Mercury® Smart 600 Pro – 600VA

CZone Price: 4900 Rs.

I am using that mercury smart600pro from almost last july, there isn't been a single problem.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I am using that mercury smart600pro from almost last july, there isn’t been a single problem.
[/quote]

I have some questions:

does that come with any warranty? how much backup it gives you on all alone? what is your load characteristic? does it comes with a software?

@Ahmsun

i have a question too does it comes with a data cable connection and software too to monitor UPS statistics in PC?

I also have a question for you. What about noise while using UPS on VOIP e.g Skype? Does it reduce significantly or not?

My Desi UPS gives a noise on Skype when their is no electricity.

I also have a question for you. What about noise while using UPS on VOIP e.g Skype? Does it reduce significantly or not?

[/quote]

do u use ur PC with Desi UPS?

@Ahmsun

i have a question too does it comes with a data cable connection and software too to monitor UPS statistics in PC?

[/quote]

I r also using Mercury 600 Smart pro there are two types with software and without software Pro with software and data cable and classic one without Monitoring software.

[/quote]

Skype works well

do u use ur PC with Desi UPS?

[/quote]

yes

yes

[/quote]

i’ve heard the square waves of Desi UPS can damage the components

@AbdulSami

Yes it came with ten months of warranty. In past i've been using my PC with 19" monitor and the Ups gave me backup of 30min. When i Switched to 21"monitor the Backup was reduced to 15-20mins. And at the present moment i am using 17" TFT on Desi UPS and the CPU on this mercury UPS the backup time has increased to nearly 40-45mins.

Yes it comes with a sofware Disk, a monitoring Sofware named RUPS 2000.

@Shoukat

YEs it comes with a Serial cable to monitor Backup. Which was mssing in my case, so i had to buy it.

@IMran

I don't think so.

These Mercury UPS comes in two series named Smart and Classic, smart series have the option of monitoring the backup and the classic one doesn't.

The cable is RS232 cable :)

@AbdulSami

Yes it came with ten months of warranty. In past i’ve been using my PC with 19" monitor and the Ups gave me backup of 30min. When i Switched to 21"monitor the Backup was reduced to 15-20mins. And at the present moment i am using 17" TFT on Desi UPS and the CPU on this mercury UPS the backup time has increased to nearly 40-45mins.

Yes it comes with a sofware Disk, a monitoring Sofware named RUPS 2000.

@Shoukat

YEs it comes with a Serial cable to monitor Backup. Which was mssing in my case, so i had to buy it.

@IMran

I don’t think so.

These Mercury UPS comes in two series named Smart and Classic, smart series have the option of monitoring the backup and the classic one doesn’t.

[/quote]

i m assuming u used 19" and 21" CRTs. So has any one tried using CRT with Desi UPS. Ahmsun is doing this with TFT. wat about CRT?

Yes they were CRTs

so guys which brand is better..?

alfa or mercury cuz i m also planning on buying a good UPS for PC...

Mercury® Smart 600 Pro – 600VA 4900 Rs !! man i bought this product for 3600 Rs back in 2008

Mercury® Smart 600 Pro – 600VA 4900 Rs !! man i bought this product for 3600 Rs back in 2008
[/quote]

The rupee value has decreased around 35% in this period. Some taxes have been increased as well such as GST. Moreover, the surge in demand has inflated the price as well. Hail Load-Dari!!!

i am using alfa digital, it works very good almost 3 years, at times when i plan to discharge it completely i tend to give full load it works for 30/40 minutes, its 800 watts as i remember.

APC all the way (if you can afford)