Suggest the Best GPU in 8000pkr

Hi!

I felt terribly upset when i couldn't play BF3 on my HD2600pro. :(

So i decided to buy a new GPU. My budget is 8000Pkr.

Suggest a GPU with 1GB memory of any ddr, latest shader models, and all VGA/DVI/HDMI.

I mostly play hardcore games, watch movies, and rarely use photo editing software.

So i searched and found following GPUs to be most suitable for my purpose

1. HD5670

2. HD6570

I know they don't actually compare with each other, having different predecessors.

i found this comparison http://www.hwcompare...d-6570-oem-1gb/

And only major difference i find is the speed, except for Open GL version, Do i need to get the latest Open GL version GPu?

As i've experienced Nvidia before "GT" series. like I had in past FX2000 card. So my knowledge on Nvidia is not Up-to-date.

So if any GPu from Nvidia with latest spec fits in my Budget, i'll be happy to buy it.

I'd seriously recommend increasing your budget some more & getting a better GPU. The ones in that price zone isn't gonna run BF3 (or any such games) well. If possible, please increase your budget upto 9500, and get the Nvidia GTS 450 1GB. It'll be worth every penny, and you'll actually be able to enjoy new games @ good settings & FPS. And you'll get Nvidia Cuda & PhysX too.

As for the external features like OpenGL & such, they're not much important, especially to gamers.

And i forgot to mention, the GTS 450 is overall better than the HD5750, which is much better than both HD5670 & HD6570, And yet it's cheaper too.

Price: GTS 450 1GB = 9500 - HD5750 1GB = 11800

Performance in BFBC2 (DX11):

Battlefield%20Bad%20Company%202%201280.png

Battlefield%20Bad%20Company%202%201680.png

Conclusion: The GTS 450 is the best GPU for you.

OK, thanks for the suggestion, i considered increasing my budget.

Now another question stands, will PCI Express* 1.1 slot support GTS 450 which is designed for 2.0.

As per my knowledge it will run but want to confirm it.

if you don't want to change your GPU much sooner, then settle for nothing less than a GTX 460. You can get a used one for around 12k (if you're lucky).

ooooooo! 12k, thats too much i'll be spending maximum 10k. And i'll used this card for minimum 1 year. that is why i need it to be perfect.

Now will this card gts450 be backward compatible to my mobo's pci-e slot?

[quote=“Ahmsun, post:4, topic:15924”]

OK, thanks for the suggestion, i considered increasing my budget.

Now another question stands, will PCI Express* 1.1 slot support GTS 450 which is designed for 2.0.

As per my knowledge it will run but want to confirm it.

[/quote]

It works all fine without any issues whatsoever. It just won’t be able to use the maximum bandwidth of the GPU, but the performance difference isn’t much anyway.

then it won't be a problem as i'm planning to upgrade my processor/mobo in next few months. Thanks Upsilon for your suggestion and Jdk.

Ok now i'll be buying nvidia GTS450 1Gb.

hmmmm........... or maybe i should wait a day or two. I was expecting a comment on this thread from one more person........... that is strikerX..............now where is he!

[quote=“Upsilon, post:3, topic:15924”]

And i forgot to mention, the GTS 450 is overall better than the HD5750, which is much better than both HD5670 & HD6570, And yet it’s cheaper too.

Price: GTS 450 1GB = 9500 - HD5750 1GB = 11800

Performance in BFBC2 (DX11):

Battlefield%20Bad%20Company%202%201280.png

Battlefield%20Bad%20Company%202%201680.png

Conclusion: The GTS 450 is the best GPU for you.

[/quote]

Is that for the GTS 450 1 Gb ddr3 or ddr5, this card has 2 versions you know

i believe it is for ddr5 version, and guys i can't find GTS 450 ddr3 version on nvidia official site.

@Ozmayne Good point, i just checked it out, and that's for DDR5 version... But still, the DDR3 version of it is much better than both 5670 & 6570 (whether ddr3 or ddr5 version).

Besides, in that price range, that's the best DX11 GPU available.

The only other option is to buy a second-hand GPU. In which case, OP has more options.

nop! i'm not in favor of buying used GPU. I don't trust in used computer components.

If you're playing under 16xx resolution, then you probably won't notice much problems anyway :)

My resolution would be 1366x768, i have 18.5" AOC lcd.

GTS 450 should cover it. Beware that if you upgrade your LCD later on to a bigger one, expect to cough bucks for a GPU capable enough to handle resolutions above 1680x1050.

[quote=“Ahmsun, post:14, topic:15924”]

My resolution would be 1366x768, i have 18.5" AOC lcd.

[/quote]

At that resolution, the GTS 450 will let you max out the graphics of most games.

ok, Thanks to all of you.

yesterday i also upgrade my Core2du to Core i3 ... so now the processor is Intel iCore 3-2100 @ 3.10GHZ With 4GB Ram.. And MotherBoard Is Intel DH61ww And LED Monitor Samsung SyncMaster S19A100N ... I m Running On 1024x768 Resolution .. my windows as this good for me... but only the GPU left for buying... so just found out this thread... as also my budget is about 9K Rs... but the shopkeeper told me that the power supply will also be changed as it will be cooler master which costs 3600rs so in this thread the votes going for GTS 450 so i m also interested now in this card... so will see whats the latest price now of this card... but Bro Ahsum Can u tell me did u got this card or u have not yet buy it ?

And also tell me guys will this card runs fine with my new sys? thanks :)

price 9500rs. but i didn't buy it yet, i'll buy it in next 3 or 4 days. But i'm completely satisfied that this card will complete my desires! :P

Which psu do you currently have? this GPU requires minimum of 400watts PSU.

its a normal 300watts psu but dont know which company bcoz i m buying a gpu after many years so i did not need any good psu before... so will this card plays all the games like gta4 gears of war...etc

Or any other card in less budget good for playing games in normal settings?