Suggest motherboard based on following ->

suggest an 'affordable' motherboard based on following requirements...

1. shoud be available in Pakistan!!! :P

2. runs core2 processors

3. has ddr2 support (preferably 800mhz)

4. HAS PCI-E 2.0 slot for GC - absolutely necessary

5. supports SATA II

do remember to list the chipset if u know. or mobo suggestion will do just fine...

There are many motherboards that fit to your requirements. Just visit www.galaxy.pk

except for option 4, "HAS PCI-E 2.0 slot for GC", most new motherboards meet your requirements...

Asus P5Q and DX48BT2 meet all your requirements...

thx buddies...already got the p5Q in mind.

suggest a processor to go with it?

im thinking of the E8200/E8400

Guys are there any Gigabyte mobo dealers in the twin cities? Anyone who might have even a small range of mobos to choose from?

According to Gigabyte's website there is: "POLOWICK ENTERPRISES (Distributor)": http://www.giga-byte.com/WhereToBuy/Default.aspx?ClassValue=Motherboard&Country=Pakistan&SalesType=Distributor&CompanyTerritory=

you could contact them and find out more info...

I think I have seen ad's for gigabyte MBs in spider...I don't have one on me right now so can't confirm...

makes you wish you had stores like these in Pakistan :) :

market-mobos.jpg

market-graphics.jpg

market-pricing.jpg

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

According to Gigabyte’s website there is: “POLOWICK ENTERPRISES (Distributor)”: http://www.giga-byte.com/WhereToBuy/Default.aspx?ClassValue=Motherboard&Country=Pakistan&SalesType=Distributor&CompanyTerritory=

you could contact them and find out more info…

I think I have seen ad’s for gigabyte MBs in spider…I don’t have one on me right now so can’t confirm…

makes you wish you had stores like these in Pakistan :) :

[/quote]

I’ve been to stores like these but none in Pakistan. Believe me, once you get in, you dont wana come out without exploring each and every inch of showroom space!

suggest an ‘affordable’ motherboard based on following requirements…

1. shoud be available in Pakistan!!! :P

2. runs core2 processors

3. has ddr2 support (preferably 800mhz)

4. HAS PCI-E 2.0 slot for GC - absolutely necessary

5. supports SATA II

do remember to list the chipset if u know. or mobo suggestion will do just fine…

[/quote]

These are the Common Requirements which available on tooooooo many mobo’s :)

what is your budget ?

According to Gigabyte’s website there is: “POLOWICK ENTERPRISES (Distributor)”: http://www.giga-byte.com/WhereToBuy/Default.aspx?ClassValue=Motherboard&Country=Pakistan&SalesType=Distributor&CompanyTerritory=

you could contact them and find out more info…

[/quote]

I called Polowick, I’m a fan of Gigabyte. They have stopped selling Giga motherboards since some time but Gigabyte is really good. I’m currently running a P35C DSR3, very good, very stable, very oc’able. Wish we had a proper dealer in Pakistan.

Get the P5K VM for Rs. 6000. You don’t need the P5Q which is double the price and all it offers for that value is bragging rights. There are no performance gains or OC gains over the P35 chipset. PCI Express 2.0 CANNOT be of ANY use to you unless you are running a 9800 GX2 or a 4870X2. Then too the gains are 5 to 10 % and that too on extremely high resolutions like 1920x1080. The cheapest 1920x1080 lcd which can do justice to your 4870x2 or 9800GX2 is 24 Inches for Rs. 50,000 almost.

Intel’s new architecture Nehlahem is launching soon which will make all LGA 775 based motherboards and processors obsolete. That is the architecture that will make use of native DDR3 support and the PCI Express 2.0 slot. The performance difference between a Core2Duo system and a Nehlahem based system is about the same you experience going from a Pentium 4 system to a Core2Duo.

The system you build now should play your latest games for 2 years. Get a P5K VM along with a E8400, a 4870 and 4 GB DDR2 800. Make sure you have a good after market cooler, OC your system to 4Ghz and you’ll be set.

Hmm exactly the dilemma im in Abbas, to go for core2 or to wait for Nehalem? I had the P5K as first option till I came across the 'tempting' P5Q. Already got a 4850 though the cpu bottlenecks it which is why I want to upgrade. Thanks for the input.

...though i really wont be oc.ing to 4ghz yet :)