Suggest me A Reliable SPLIT Air-Conditioner

Hey Guys this is Hazy

I m planning to buy an SPLIT AIR CONDITIONER, and have been saving up for one for a very very long time. been waiting for this moment and the time has come to spend all the hard earned and hard-saved cash on an AIR CONDITIONER and complete my hot room which I have been tolerating ever since I moved in it.

I want to buy an Split AC, and I don't know which one to buy. I personally have put my sights on Haier Brnd because it comes into my budget and learned that Haier Air-conditioners have Mitsubishi compressors and Also came to know its an International Brand to some extent and also was suggested by a lot of people to buy Haier If I can't go for Samsung, ken wood, Panasonic or Mitsubishi and Mitsubishi has been the only Brand which had in common when I was suggested, but unfortunately go outta my budget. Also have been strongly suggested to go for Samsung I can, been told its way better than all other National Brands. like Orient, Dawlence, Waves , Haier and Samsung 1.5 tons is only 4k higher than Haier one that I plan to buy. Pretty confused here Please Help. I live in SHIKARPUR a town 30km from SUKKUR *in case you haven't heard of Shikarpur.
So please do suggest me the Brand that I should consider while buying the AC.

my Budget is UNDER 50K.
And need to buy 1.5 ton,

cuz my room comes into direct contact with sun light and it tends to get very very hot. goes over 47 usually when the weather goes crazy.
So guys in nut-shell I NEED an Air conditioner and I m looking for good suggestions, Been suggested by random people with random different opinions which most of them do not make any sense to me.
So WIREPAKISTAN HAS BEEN BEST sources for me when I need sensible and reasonable suggestions and has never let me down. so Please guys help me out, I will only be able to buy one for first and last time since I m always tight on budget and its taken me like over 4 years save up for one and I could hardly manage to save cash for it.
So Please Help me guy been dreaming for the completion of my for a long time and after this Air-conditioner thing I will kinda have my little world in my room completed. Thanks already and my I offer my deepest gratitude for the responses.

I recently bought an Orient 1.5 ton AC for 45K and about 2K for installation.

Under 50K, I think you can get Orient, Gree, Changhong Ruba, Haier or maybe Kenwood.

This is the third Orient AC under my use. The oldest one being about 5 years old. Mitsubishi was 65K without even installation kit.

[quote=", post:2, topic:21281"]

I recently bought an Orient 1.5 ton AC for 45K and about 2K for installation.

Under 50K, I think you can get Orient, Gree, Changhong Ruba, Haier or maybe Kenwood.

This is the third Orient AC under my use. The oldest one being about 5 years old. Mitsubishi was 65K without even installation kit.

[/quote]

so how is it going on. what is your experience with this particular air conditioner

I wouldn't recommend Orient to anyone. Got 5 x 2ton and 4 x 1ton and 2 were DOA when first turned on after installation. They have utterly useless and crappy after sales service (as experienced w.r.t. fixing those two DOA ACs). YMMV if you know someone inside Orient.

I would fully recommend Mitsubishi heavy but that is a 'karwa ghoont' taken once for long term peace of mind. There are other threads here chock full of information about split units.

Have you thought about insulating your room walls because at 47C, not many ACs will properly cool it?

[quote=“Asad, post:4, topic:21281”]

I wouldn't recommend Orient to anyone. Got 5 x 2ton and 4 x 1ton and 2 were DOA when first turned on after installation. They have utterly useless and crappy after sales service (as experienced w.r.t. fixing those two DOA ACs). YMMV if you know someone inside Orient.

I would fully recommend Mitsubishi heavy but that is a 'karwa ghoont' taken once for long term peace of mind. There are other threads here chock full of information about split units.

Have you thought about insulating your room walls because at 47C, not many ACs will properly cool it?

[/quote]

Why can't we like admins's post.

X2 Mitsubishi heavy, being there done that.

Mitsubishi heavy Is heavy on wallet initially but it also performs better.

@OP how did you measured that 47C temperature ?

[/quote]

Sorry to hear about the bad experience you had with your ACs.

No doubt Mitsubishi ACs are very good but even for Mitsubishi the after sales support team is the same Orient guys as Orient is the dealer of Mitsubishi.

^ In my experience, Mitsubishi Electric (from a couple years back) and Mitsubishi Heavy Industries don't need much of anything in the way of after-sales support. B)

It comes down to personal experiences. As I said above, YMMV. Having a DOA unit speaks volumes about any company's product quality control. Orient got 22% failure rate right out of the box with crappy after sales warranty support from the company. Mitsubishi has had 0% failure rate so hasn't incurred any need for company support.

@Hazy: Orient's cooling is ok for the price. However, you may want to investigate insulating your room walls (and maybe roof too if on top-most floor) to derive full benefit.

we bought 2 orients around 5 years ago. at a difference of 7-8 months..one was their plasma gold model with gold fins for what ever the sales guy said was superior .. after installation and 2 months in, the capillaries leaked.. without any reason..the warranty check up guy said that this happens when there is a NALA near by.. the nearest nala is over 1.5 km away from our house and NONE of the other ACs including the 10+ years old mitsubishi slim ever had that problem.

the other orient simple ac may have survived but it wasnt used at all.. just placed in upper floor where no one goes

[quote=“farhan_ds, post:8, topic:21281”]

the warranty check up guy said that this happens when there is a NALA near by.. the nearest nala is over 1.5 km away from our house and NONE of the other ACs including the 10+ years old mitsubishi slim ever had that problem.

[/quote]

LOL - That genius guy deserves an award.

the warranty check up guy said that this happens when there is a NALA near by.. the nearest nala is over 1.5 km away from our house

[/quote]

LMAO! :lol:

I'm gonna vouch for Dawlance. Have a few of them in family use from years and didn't face any issues (other than cleaning the filters).

Can also give a positive remark on Gaba National, using one of it personally since a decade and it's still working fine.

Mitsubishi is definitely one of the good ones as well. Can't say about Orient.

Mitsubishi all the way, it is one time cost but afterwards it will reduce bills.
The first Mitsubishi i bought was in 2009 and still that one is wrking great like a charm.
And after there that i bought two for my sibling, and each and every one of them wokring
is just great.
Also recently i've seen many of my fellows who have been using Hair really satisfied about

it.

[/quote]

[quote="Asad, post:7, topic:21281"]

^ In my experience, Mitsubishi Electric (from a couple years back) and Mitsubishi Heavy Industries don't need much of anything in the way of after-sales support. B)

It comes down to personal experiences. As I said above, YMMV. Having a DOA unit speaks volumes about any company's product quality control. Orient got 22% failure rate right out of the box with crappy after sales warranty support from the company. Mitsubishi has had 0% failure rate so hasn't incurred any need for company support.

@Hazy: Orient's cooling is ok for the price. However, you may want to investigate insulating your room walls (and maybe roof too if on top-most floor) to derive full benefit.

[/quote]

First off all I would like to say, I am deeply honored to have myself responded by himself the Admin of the Forum.

And Thanks a Ton for Mitsubishi Suggestion and Quite frankly every second guy has suggested me to go for Mitsubishi, Looks like Its the best a man can get out there regarding ACs..

But unfortunately it falls outta my budget to be able to afford a Mitsubishi AC my budget is about below 50k strictly and only been able to buy an AC cuz of about 4 years savings I've been doing for a Good AC.

so Anyway, Like is Said I've had my sights set on Haier Brand and the fact that It comes with a Mitsubishi compressor encourages me ever more to go for Haier 1.5 Ton. What do you should I go for Haier, What does you experience and knowledge suggest you about Haier Brands?

And yeah sorry to hear about your Terrible experience with Orient besides I'd never decided myself to go for this Brand. Cuz it only costs about 1k less than Haier, Haven't heard pretty good remarks about this particular Brands, like you yourself didn't encourage me about this..

[quote=“yousaf465, post:5, topic:21281”]

Why can't we like admins's post.

X2 Mitsubishi heavy, being there done that.

Mitsubishi heavy Is heavy on wallet initially but it also performs better.

@OP how did you measured that 47C temperature ?

[/quote]

Yeah But Mitsubishi goes outta my Budget unfavorably.

But can definately go for Haier or any other Brands that falls under my budget and has got good remarks and repo.

Well as far as Temps are concerned, Dude I live in Shikarpur, the Temps in June July go crazy here. My rooms is even hotter than outside when its THAT tremendously hot here. No need to measure or something.

[quote=“Asad, post:7, topic:21281”]

[/quote]

And yeah as far as insulating is concerned, I think its already Well insulated, and this is why its pretty hot in my room. Cuz it apparently is insulating heat Which is probably what it looks like. And in Summer it gets insanely hot, and In winter it get Insanely cold. I think its because of the insulation efficency of the room. And Yeah my father also suggested me the same thing to improve the insulation to fill or kinda block the corners of the room and

and cover the vent holes in the wall for Vent fans. and on the roof top he suggested to have a Muddy surface which could possibly be act as heat insulator not letting the heat escape in etc. By the way I just let you know my current condition of room Sir. And if you have any more suggestion for the insulation that I might wanna consider. I will be obliged profoundly :)

after installation and 2 months in, the capillaries leaked.. without any reason..the warranty check up guy said that this happens when there is a NALA near by.. the nearest nala is over 1.5 km away from our house

[/quote]

ROFLMAO, This guy needs to manufacture Air-conditioner outta his expertise. ACs providing nala immunity even from 1.5km distance. LOL

[quote=“Upsilon, post:11, topic:21281”]

I'm gonna vouch for Dawlance. Have a few of them in family use from years and didn't face any issues (other than cleaning the filters).

Can also give a positive remark on Gaba National, using one of it personally since a decade and it's still working fine.

Mitsubishi is definitely one of the good ones as well. Can't say about Orient.

[/quote]

not going for Orient ofcourse. Thanks anyways for voting out Orient , was really helpful

[quote="Ahmsun, post:12, topic:21281"]

Mitsubishi all the way, it is one time cost but afterwards it will reduce bills.

The first Mitsubishi i bought was in 2009 and still that one is wrking great like a charm.

And after there that i bought two for my sibling, and each and every one of them wokring

is just great.

Also recently i've seen many of my fellows who have been using Hair really satisfied about

it.

[/quote]

you do encourage me to go for Haier. hehe :D

[quote=“HAZY, post:14, topic:21281”]

Yeah But Mitsubishi goes outta my Budget unfavorably.

But can definately go for Haier or any other Brands that falls under my budget and has got good remarks and repo.

Well as far as Temps are concerned, Dude I live in Shikarpur, the Temps in June July go crazy here. My rooms is even hotter than outside when its THAT tremendously hot here. No need to measure or something.

[/quote]

I can't anything about what I haven't used. So can't comment on haier's A/C, but I do have their Microwave which at best can be described as mediocre.

What we feel as heat is combination of many factors including humidity etc. Google puts the maximum temperature these days in Shikarpur is 42C so I really doubt 47C indoors.

[quote=“HAZY, post:15, topic:21281”]

And yeah as far as insulating is concerned, I think its already Well insulated, and this is why its pretty hot in my room. Cuz it apparently is insulating heat Which is probably what it looks like. And in Summer it gets insanely hot, and In winter it get Insanely cold. I think its because of the insulation efficency of the room. And Yeah my father also suggested me the same thing to improve the insulation to fill or kinda block the corners of the room and

and cover the vent holes in the wall for Vent fans. and on the roof top he suggested to have a Muddy surface which could possibly be act as heat insulator not letting the heat escape in etc. By the way I just let you know my current condition of room Sir. And if you have any more suggestion for the insulation that I might wanna consider. I will be obliged profoundly :)

[/quote]

a room which cooled in winter and hot in summer isn't properly insulated. A proper insulation will not only keep the temperature within tolerable limits but will also save you a lot in electricity bills.

[quote=“yousaf465, post:18, topic:21281”]

I can't anything about what I haven't used. So can't comment on haier's A/C, but I do have their Microwave which at best can be described as mediocre.

What we feel as heat is combination of many factors including humidity etc. Google puts the maximum temperature these days in Shikarpur is 42C so I really doubt 47C indoors.

[/quote]

Thanks once again for the response. Well Bro I m not being exact. And the temperature is not always like 47 over here in Shikarpur. It get that insanely hot once in a while. But usually its somewhere between 40-44. but it is still mad hot temperature you gotta admit. and Yes I could be incorrect but my room feels hotter than most of the places I go or stay every day. Like other rooms of our home or the institute where I teach and all of em are not Air-conditioned, however my Room is whole different place, my room is not the part of our home, its a separate place.