Suburban type place in Lahore

I know we don't have suburban concept in major pakistani cities, but still felt like asking 'cause i am thinking about moving to lahore permanently, i was wondering if there is any decent middle/upper class town little away from lahore where a person could live but still can make it to lahore in 20 minutes drive. With the over population in major cities and dangerous security situation in pakistan now a days my family is thinking of this idea, by this we don't mean we want to end up in total pind either. thanks

Defense Lahore is pretty nice, and the newest phases are not heavily constructed as off right now. Its a really nice place, you could go for that.

i remember when i went to lhr last year, there were some small towns underconstruction near the airport, a little away from the main city?

^ Yes but you don't want to be living anywhere near the airport. The air traffic noise alone will drive you crazy. And I mean that literally, I read an article a couple weeks back how people living near airports develop psychiatric problems because of the constant noise they suffer!

As sah suggested, DHA is a really nice choice. I am not sure how far they are or their price range, but Lake View City and Golf estates look awesome, at least in Ads ;)

actually DHA is also near air port.

^ From what I remember DHA is a good long drive from the airport...but don't take my word for it! Either way I don't think its under air routes.

sector u, dha lahore is a very nice place,,(i believe lums is located in the same sector) it is similar to subarbs i have seen abroad,,

people dont know a lot cities in pakistan have these amercian subarban feel in certain areas,,like multan cant,,anyways...

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

^ Yes but you don’t want to be living anywhere near the airport. The air traffic noise alone will drive you crazy. And I mean that literally, I read an article a couple weeks back how people living near airports develop psychiatric problems because of the constant noise they suffer!
[/quote]

living anywhere in pakistan can create psychiatric problems :P (;

What's your price range Kudos ?

@everybody

thanks for your help, i googled dha lahore it looks like pretty nice calm and quiet area, i have printed lots of material and given to my father, we'll be visiting lahore shortly. thanks again

sector u, dha lahore is a very nice place,(i believe lums is located in the same sector) it is similar to subarbs i have seen abroad,
[/quote]

I second this. I have lived there for sometime and it really is a nice place.

And yes, DHA Lahore is quite some distance from the airport. The noise pollution from the planes should not be a problem.

Defense, Lahore? Y Block... mmmhmmmmm..... ;)

U block ? Are you guys kidding ?? It's the crappiest sector of defence.. I lived there for two years when I first moved to Lahore. The planes felt like they were landing in my neighbors house. Freakin windows would shake like a 7.5 magnitude earthquake! But anywhere in Phase 3 (Y, Z, X, XX) great place to live. Phase 5 (behind Lums) is not to bad as well even though it's pretty close to Sector U, the underground electrical wiring makes it look very neat and clean.

I know we don’t have suburban concept in major pakistani cities, but still felt like asking 'cause i am thinking about moving to lahore permanently, i was wondering if there is any decent middle/upper class town little away from lahore where a person could live but still can make it to lahore in 20 minutes drive. With the over population in major cities and dangerous security situation in pakistan now a days my family is thinking of this idea, by this we don’t mean we want to end up in total pind either. thanks
[/quote]

Lots of mentions for Defence,etc,but just thought I’d tell you,there are these areas beyond Johor Town but still a part of Lahore. Wapda Town, and such. I live in Nespak. I think it’s ok,the area’s quiet and clean,schools,clinics and shops are located nearby but nothing loud or “too developed.” The houses themselves are fairly spaced out,with big (or reasonably sized) backyards and even the families are quintessentially suburban:pet dogs,soccer moms and everything.

As for the time, it takes us 20 minutes (sometimes 15,but not less) to get to other ‘louder’ parts of the city.Also the ring road is very,very close by.

Pretty great,if suburbs are your thing–I on the other hand find suburbia just a wee bit depressing sometimes.

So there,I’ve added my two cents worth. Good luck house-hunting. :)

I think u should live area like Bahria town or sue chan garden

both are very queit and secure place

and very beautifull

specially children will enjoy staying there.

@v_cracker

u are very right

bahria town, eme on multan road, G-1 sector of johar town are certainly better than dha. eden houses on canal r also good if you are not annoyed by seeing lanes and lanes of similarly constructed villas. it all depends on your resources. u can even buy a farm house on canal if you have deep pockets. if you are planning on investment lines then LDA avenue I and II r bargains at the moment.

@kudos

visit

http://www.lahorerealestate.com/ for details