Student package upgraded to 1.5mbps

i m on one mb student package. but for last half hour it is working at 1536 kbps

19641188.png

93424627.png

u'll get the exact speed of 1M..the profile has been enhanced so that you may get the max out of 1M...package is still 1M...do speedtest here and post

one of my friend is also getting 1.5 mbps...

i checked it at his home ...

His torrent download speed shows 1.5Mbps too.

Fishy fishy!

not fishy at all...this is the part of promised setup! last year it was decided that profiles will be set slightly above the package to achieve ideal speeds...now the 1M and 2M user may experience this quite often since every/majority of lines are capable of these profiles..so most profiles are being updated slightly higher for this purpose...after profile step-up packages will be re-freshen again. And according to 1.5M link ideal speed is 192kB/s hence he's getting around 138kB/s so its 1M not 1.5M but a slight increase is expected due to higher bandwidth.

It has also changed my values but the speed fluctuates alot from 100-125 KB/sec..

on speedtest.net i m getting 0.5, 0.6. which is not correct. but on torrent i m constantly getting around 1.4 which is i think 1.5mb not 1 mb as i was getting 0.8, 0.9 previously.

The problem is your line/pair(SNR), its weak. Your connection will easily sync at 4meg profile, even 6meg.

those members who are getting 1.5mbps speed are in lahore or in pindi ?

^

OP is in chakwal.

^ The line pair won't effect the line attenuation.. its the distance from the exchange ,you can't do much about it.If you get the best pair still the line attenuation will remain this.G.DMT has cut the attenuation by 3-4 values but if you change it to adsl2+ ,line attenuation will jump to 57-58.The only solution to this problem is ONU ;)

Secondly this increase has only increased the fluctuation in my transfer rate..it fluctuates from 100-125KB/sec...previously it was stable at 106KB/sec.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

^ The line pair won’t effect the line attenuation… its the distance from the exchange ,you can’t do much about it.If you get the best pair still the line attenuation will remain this.G.DMT has cut the attenuation by 3-4 values but if you change it to adsl2+ ,line attenuation will jump to 57-58.The only solution to this problem is ONU ;)

Secondly this increase has only increased the fluctuation in my transfer rate…it fluctuates from 100-125KB/sec…previously it was stable at 106KB/sec.

[/quote]

i m about 4 km from exchange. my line from dp to pc is direct with no joints and abt 15 meters. i also have the problem that if i don’t keep my phone busy it won’t connect. after millions of complains at local exchange, 1218 and pta problem is still there. so i have left it there. onu is not available in whole chakwal and i think no chance of getting it any time soon.

To be honest the line from DP to the PC doesn't matter alot.I am in same situation as yours.I also get 54-53 attenuation on G.DMT but my line noise margin is 25-24.I've changed my copper line from dp which is 150 meters from the dp still the vales remained the same.You can improve your line margin but you can't do much about attenuation.About that keeping phone busy is something to do with that white dibi..change it

^ The line pair won’t effect the line attenuation… its the distance from the exchange ,you can’t do much about it.If you get the best pair still the line attenuation will remain this.G.DMT has cut the attenuation by 3-4 values but if you change it to adsl2+ ,line attenuation will jump to 57-58.The only solution to this problem is ONU ;)

Secondly this increase has only increased the fluctuation in my transfer rate…it fluctuates from 100-125KB/sec…previously it was stable at 106KB/sec.

[/quote]

I never said it would decrease attenuation. I said his SNR is bad meaning either his line has joints or pair is weak (I think pair). Attenuation doesn’t play a big roll SNR does in regards to DS bandwidth.

imo I am running 4096 with 63attenuation with still some headroom left.

his pair is screwed from DP...and phone pick-up is the clear indication that there is hell lot of noise in the line that modem is unable to handshake with DSLAM. so get hold of your lineman use some sugary tone and he'll do things in a jiffy.. and try to get a stable pair.!

[/quote]

the reason to increase the profile is simply to increase the bandwidth threshold to make the speed more ideal as in your case.