Strange problem

I have a strange problem my DSL modem Internet and Lan light keep blinking, but my PC is shut down and nobody is using internet house. and when i start the PC my DL monitor shows 105k downloading speed but i m not downloading anything. is someone using my internet connection??

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I have a strange problem my DSL modem Internet and Lan light keep blinking, but my PC is shut down and nobody is using internet house. and when i start the PC my DL monitor shows 105k downloading speed but i m not downloading anything. is someone using my internet connection??
[/quote]

do me a favor when u shutdown ur pc also unplug the lan cable from the back of ur pc and then tell what happend . if the lan light is still on and blinking…

Then ur router is haunted . :D

it might be some geek gost is steeling ur internet … Don’t worry he will leave ur router with in couple of hours when he suffer from

1 slow browsing of ptcl

2 packet loss

3 low speed

lolzzzzzzzzz :)

true it is haunted, i removed all cables except the phone line, still my internet light keeps on blinking,

Well first of all, do you have a router connected to your modem? Or is it just the modem connected to your one PC?

just a modem connected to my PC

^ If its just a modem then its not even POSSIBLE for anyone to steal your internet! If you had say a wireless router, then you could think that someone cracked your router password. But in this case, no crime has been committed! :P

just a modem connected to my PC
[/quote]

ok now also un plug the lan cable from your modem side… And update us…

i unplugged all the cables still my internet light keep on blinking

i unplugged all the cables still my internet light keep on blinking
[/quote]

hahahah… ur router has been screwed buddy, try to make it fix or just smash it on the wall and get a new one ;)

As well as ur strange speed or data consumption in concern, then there must be something updating or downloading in stealth mode , sometimes windows updates or sometimes browser updates itself or its plugins…

True PTCL deserve this kind a treatment :)

change your modem from ur nearest exchange