Strange Facebook Problem. Its working a minute ago and then stops

Salam All

i am sorry i dont know if its the right place to ask it, but i am still asking.

My problem is i sometimes can't access Facebook. Even when i am using facebook a second ago, i can't access it very other second. Then i have to wait 5 to10 minutes to access facebook again. I face this problem 10 to 20 times a day every single day. I can access every other site at that time but not facebook. This problem started on 3rd August 2010. And i am still facing it.

Please Help thanks in advance.

I am living in Islamabad and using PTCL DSL 512KB(now 1MB) student package.

Preferred DNS:203.99.163.240

Altrenate DNS:208.67.222.222

Both told by PTCL customer care personals on 3rd August 2010 and Still today Also.

What does "can't access" mean? What happens exactly?

Which ISP u r using?

Thanks

Thanks Sah and masters for replying.

Im using PTCL DSL 1MB.

can't acces means facebook page doesnot open at all. i just see a loading icon(the revolving circle) in the tab and in the status bar "done" is written.

in address bar http://www.facebook.com/

with a blank screen.

^

Does this happen with other websites as well?

Refreshing the page doesn't help?

Have you tried using a different DNS server (Google Public DNS, http://code.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using.html )?

Thanks Again Sah

and No this doesn't happen with other websites. I can access every other site at that time but not facebook.

no i haven't tried using a different DNS server.

refreshing doesn't help at that very time.

tried refreshing 5 to 10 times. but everything is ok after 5 to 10 minutes and by refreshing i can see the page i was one in facebook.

^ OK then try Google's DNS server and see if it makes a difference. The instructions to set it up are in the link I provided in my post above. Its fairly straightforward.

ok i will try it after Magrib Prayer. Thanks again Sah for your help.

having same problem...... on ONU

sorry to tell you Sah it didn't work. i have the same problem accessing Facebook.

2emoftj.jpg

Salam hashim,

can u please tell me the date when this problem started. Thanks in advance.

@Assaad

ws...it started in the evening..but its working fine now at my side...

There's a solution for this. Force Facebook to remain on secure connection at every page. They only have support for HTTPS login page, once you login via secure, it will go back to normal, that's when the problem will occur, thanks to something wrong with PTCL. I have been forcing Facebook to remain on secure connection (HTTPS) all the time and it works.

You have to use Firefox, install NoScript Add-on, go to its Options/Settings > Advanced > HTTPS > Behavior and give www.facebook.com under "Force the following sites to use secure (HTTPS) connections:" and you are good to go.

There is also a Grease monkey script to do this, you ofcourse have to install Grease monkey add-on for it then search for that script on Google. I don't recall the link right now. I will recommend using "NoScript", its no script setting may give you trouble, just enable "Scripts globally allowed" option if that's the case.

Good luck!

^ Nice info :-)

thanks

Thanks Joker

i am using Firefox and by following your suggestions i have installed NoScript Add-on. and did this. "go to its Options/Settings > Advanced > HTTPS > Behavior and give www.facebook.com under "Force the following sites to use secure (HTTPS) connections"

and this "just enable "Scripts globally allowed" option if that's the case"

facebook is working for now. and i will tell you if there is any problem.

Thanks all for your help.

i had a same problem and using no script addon solved it.

thanx

Guys, i was facing the same problem and I used NoScript but now the problem is with Facebook Chat. Any suggestions?