Steve Jobs died!?

That's terribly sad news! :( I didn't even like Apple much but had a lot of respect for this man.

"We are deeply saddened to announce that Steve Jobs passed away today.

Steve’s brilliance, passion and energy were the source of countless innovations that enrich and improve all of our lives. The world is immeasurably better because of Steve.

His greatest love was for his wife, Laurene, and his family. Our hearts go out to them and to all who were touched by his extraordinary gifts."

I don't how to act on this, but only one thought came to my mind at the time, I heard few months back that in China, people sold their kidney to get iPhone; and obviously this person is a lot responsible for that? You can take negative or positive at the same time. Credit goes to him for making Apple a status symbol and wonderful devices or credit goes to him that these devices forced some people to even sell their kidney.

Here its confirmed by Apple

http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2011/10/05Statement-by-Apples-Board-of-Directors.html

http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2011/10/05Apple-Media-Advisory.html

RIP Steve

http://images.apple.com/stevejobs/images/t_title.png

[quote=“DeZest, post:, topic:”]

That’s terribly sad news! :( I didn’t even like Apple much but had a lot of respect for this man.

[/quote]

This is indeed a sad news. He brought much of the competition in market, Pixars (I love their movies), iPod, iPhone, iPad, Mac Book Air etc. Even though Apple’s products were bit expensive but they were marketed well and indeed revolutionized the cellphone market that now we have plenty of touch phones. Indirect cause that we have Android now. Especially, thanks a lot for sinking Nokia. May his Buddha give him peace (he was Buddhist).

[quote=“nvd650, post:2, topic:15721”]

I heard few months back that in China, people sold their kidney to get iPhone; and obviously this person is a lot responsible for that? You can take negative or positive at the same time. Credit goes to him for making Apple a status symbol and wonderful devices or credit goes to him that these devices forced some people to even sell their kidney.

[/quote]

[citation need] or just be slient (it’s a consoling thread, not a hate thread).

Very sad news, i can see Apple is already not doing good without him. Take iPhone 4S for an example.

:( all the news coming about him few months back that he has got 6 months left was true he would be remembered for ever really loved his products

Terribly sad news. His contribution to the world of technology was tremendous and his innovation will be sorely missed. Tim Cook has some impossibly large shoes to fill.

rip Steve jobs,

(he was only 56)

Thats a sad news.

Sad :(

Sad indeed, other than a great inventor, he was a great personality too. I don't like Apple, but i do feel sad on his death. May he R.I.P.

[quote="nvd650, post:2, topic:15721"]

I don't how to act on this, but only one thought came to my mind at the time, I heard few months back that in China, people sold their kidney to get iPhone; and obviously this person is a lot responsible for that? You can take negative or positive at the same time. Credit goes to him for making Apple a status symbol and wonderful devices or credit goes to him that these devices forced some people to even sell their kidney.

[/quote]

The only one to blame for that are the people who need to get their priorities straight. Not the makers of any product. Nuff said.

RIP. The guy shook the foundations of the IT world with his charismatic personality. He completely changed the way how Tech Companies present their products. The way he presented his company's products made you sit through all of his speeches whether you liked the product or not. He had the ability to completely control his audience. Apple will never be the same again without him.

I for one never used an Apple device, but I can appreciate the contributions he made to the industry as a whole. Were it not for Iphone, we would still be stuck with crappy nokia & blackberry devices.

His Stanford commencent speech:

He revolutionized the IT products and did alot in getting internet and PCs into our pockets.

[quote=“wampyr, post:6, topic:15721”]

Especially, thanks a lot for sinking Nokia. May his Buddha give him peace (he was Buddhist).

[citation need] or just be slient (it’s a consoling thread, not a hate thread).

[/quote]

Well I was a big fan of Nokia too, not now but it never meant that I should forget role of Nokia in communication. Nokia Played a very very great role and to make base in communication market.

I never showed hate, I just said it was my first thought after reading that news and I wonder how a man can change world? Now it’s up to us to take it positively or negatively.

[quote=“Upsilon, post:13, topic:15721”]

The only one to blame for that are the people who need to get their priorities straight. Not the makers of any product. Nuff said.

[/quote]

I’m not blaming him for that I’m just wondering,

http://www.dawn.com/2011/10/06/apple-co-founder-steve-jobs-dead-at-56.html

I got a quite appalling sms today that Jobs couldn't graduate from University so he had to leave. I want to know if that's true or not.because we have the example of Bill Gates who also wasn't good in his school studies.

[quote=", post:19, topic:15721"]

I got a quite appalling sms today that Jobs couldn’t graduate from University so he had to leave. I want to know if that’s true or not.because we have the example of Bill Gates who also wasn’t good in his school studies.

[/quote]

Are You?