StandardChartered Bank Atm Card Fee

Jut checked my account and i was surprised to see that an amount of 580 is being withdrawn from my account for anual atm fee and i just opened this account last year on 28th of oct 2010 and they detucted the same 580. Is is legal as just after a month they got the money again ?????

No that must be a mistake. Email them with a complaint. This is supposed to be an annual charge.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Jut checked my account and i was surprised to see that an amount of 580 is being withdrawn from my account for anual atm fee and i just opened this account last year on 28th of oct 2010 and they detucted the same 580. Is is legal as just after a month they got the money again ???
[/quote]

Its annual fee , however its charged in Jan of each year so its correct charge. i.e. they charge first one when you get the new card , so if you get it in even Dec of one year , the next month in Jan there will be next annual charge.

I have also been charged pkr 577.22 by scb on january 3, 2011. I opened my scb account in february 11, 2010. But ubl has not charged me yet.

I was charged too. This is an annual charge and is deducted after every year end. Problem is that even if I had been issued a card in June 2010, annual charges would still be deducted at year end in first week of January 2011. The billing cycle is a standard one and is not dependent when you card was issued or replaced. As per my info.

Jut checked my account and i was surprised to see that an amount of 580 is being withdrawn from my account for anual atm fee and i just opened this account last year on 28th of oct 2010 and they detucted the same 580. Is is legal as just after a month they got the money again ???
[/quote]

Happy banking guys thats how banks rip you off.

I just opened account with scb, and asked them that i am not interested in their Debit card, as i already have Debit card of another bank and credit card for online use, but today when i got my account details i get to know that they deducted debit card issuance fee.

WTF, i heard its a best bank in Pakistan.

I just opened account with scb, and asked them that i am not interested in their Debit card, as i already have Debit card of another bank and credit card for online use, but today when i got my account details i get to know that they deducted debit card issuance fee.

[/quote]

Email them with a complaint at their website. Its resolved within a couple of days.

[/quote]

They don’t have simple ATM card , their ATM card is the Visa Debit Card + ATM , so if you already told them you don’t need ATM as well then sure go to the respective branch and complain to them.

i think some amount of annual fee is deducted from the each account, but most of us did not care or came to know about that...

Email them with a complaint at their website. Its resolved within a couple of days.

[/quote]

My bad, i just read this after receiving and activating my card, now no point of complain.

^ Here's what you can do. Use the card for this year (since you have already paid charges) and cancel it just before Year End to avoid recurring charges.

^^ yeah i already thought same, BTW for next year i might switch to soneri bank, i already have dormant account with them.

Can i use SCB card at godaddy, google adwords ? (coz recently bank alfalaf implemented annual charges on their "free forever" cards) If it works, then annual fee is not a big deal.

^^^ I have heard that for some people it is working. Its has not worked for me on two to three websites. Don't know what is the problem.