Standard chatered credit card

hey all, right now im using a citibank credit card which suprisingly doesnt allow me to shop at moniker.com, the help line personell tell me that the site is "blocked". with no explanation why, anyways im thinking of ditching it and getting a standard chartered credit card, if anyone here is using one, have you had any trouble with transactions on any site? i dont wanna go threw the hassle of getting another card and end up with the same problem.

thanks

I have read some very bad reviews of Standard Chartered CC in Dawn.

Two of my friends use Bank Alfalah CC and it works fine. One of these friends has also got Citi Bank CC which also works with out problems.

Don't know about moniker though if they are also blocked or not.

moniker and other sites, which citibank refuse to name are blocked on all of their credit cards.

can someone please recommend a credit card by another bank? i need it particularly for internet transactions.

Citibank blocked one of my transactions with 2CheckOut which was used as a payment gateway by the service provider. Citibank had black listed it. I told 2CO about this and they talked to Citibank here and the issue was resolved. After a week or so, another recurring payment went through fine.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Citibank blocked one of my transactions with 2CheckOut which was used as a payment gateway by the service provider. Citibank had black listed it. I told 2CO about this and they talked to Citibank here and the issue was resolved. After a week or so, another recurring payment went through fine.
[/quote]

interesting, they refused to budge on the moniker.com blacklist.

They refused to budge in my case too citing fraudulent activity form 2CO.

I talked to them from this end and initially gave 2CO the impression that it was Citibank (US). They acted pretty quickly to get the issue resolved by talking to Citibank and asked me for the number. Then I gave them the local helpline number.

I have used my friend's Bank Alfalah CC on GoDaddy, DomainSite and 2CO and never had any problem.

Have also used Citi CC a couple of times on 2CO.

two thumbs up for Alfalah credit card, have used it online as well as overseas without any problem, you just need to get online option activated/deactivated by phone every time u want to use it for online transactions

have bought foreign airlines tickets/hotel reservations/domains/Fee without any problem plus there are no annual charges either

but what ever i use it for, i never use up my limit,haven't paid a single rupee as interest to them all these years(now i have got their halal debit card as well). people should spend wat ever they've got in their pockets/accounts, using bank's credit limit might sound tempting but later on they'll make you pay thru your nose, plus the interest would keep on rising as well..

Two banks restrained from sending recovery squads

By Shujaat Ali Khan

KARACHI, April 2: The Sindh High Court restrained two commercial banks on Wednesday from sending recovery squads to the residence of an alleged credit card defaulter and summoned their executives and the SHO concerned to answer his allegations on April 16.

Petitioner Amir Feroz submitted through Advocate Gohar Iqbal that he obtained credit cards from Citibank and Standard Chartered Bank during his employment with a private company on handsome emoluments. His employer, however, dismissed him without notice in December 2007 and his case against the verbal termination order was pending in a labour court.

Due to abrupt stoppage of salary, the petitioner said, he failed to clear his debts and other charges on time. The accumulated debt rose to about 450,000 but he informed the creditor banks of his problems and difficulties. Simultaneously, he paid substantial amounts toward repayment of the outstanding debt and proposed a settlement to discharge his liability.

However, the petitioner further alleged, the banks started sending recovery teams to his house in Zaman Town, Korangi. They shouted threats and used intimidating, insulting and humiliating language and hurt his self-respect and lowered his esteem among his neighbours. He approached the Zaman Town station house officer for protection and the banks for a reasonable settlement but there was no positive response from either.

Justices Mrs Qaiser Iqbal and Syed Mahmood Alam Rizvi, who constituted the bench seized of the petition, observed that the dignity of person and, subject to law, privacy of home were inviolable under the law and Constitution. Issuing notices to the respondents for April 16, they restrained the banks from taking coercive action against the petitioner, including dispatch of recovery teams.

http://dawn.com/2008/04/03/local4.htm

thinking of applying for the mcb visa credit card now, anyone using it?

i have a question guys, when i was signing up for a hosting service, the first page of the form i had to fill in my name/address/location stuff like that, and the next page requested my credit card number details including the "billing address".

if i have 2 cc's and each had a different billing address and after trying one of the cards and it doesn't work, before trying the other card should i go back and change the "address" i entered on the first page to match this cc's billing address?

another question, if i mistype the billing address will that void the transaction? even a small mistake like a space or dash in the wrong place.

thanks

another question, if i mistype the billing address will that void the transaction? even a small mistake like a space or dash in the wrong place.
[/quote]

That’s unlikely to quash a transaction if I talk from my personal experience.

i have a question guys, when i was signing up for a hosting service, the first page of the form i had to fill in my name/address/location stuff like that, and the next page requested my credit card number details including the “billing address”.

if i have 2 cc’s and each had a different billing address and after trying one of the cards and it doesn’t work, before trying the other card should i go back and change the “address” i entered on the first page to match this cc’s billing address?

thanks

[/quote]

your credit card should be activated for online transactions,and your credit card number should be correct thats it, i don’t think they compare the exact address,they need it for digital invoice that they send you after the transaction

can someone please recommend a credit card by another bank? i need it particularly for internet transactions.
[/quote]

I’ve used most of the credit cards being offered by local banks. Most are junk. I’ve been using the Al-Falah card for the past 6 years and it’s crap. Online transactions are problematic and credit card machines in other countries take forever or decline it.

Out of all the major cards, MCB, Citibank, Alfalah, Standard Charted etc I’ve found the UBL visa to be the best. The approvals are as fast abroad as in Pakistan & I’ve made alteast three dozen online transactions on different sites using it and have never had an issue. I often give to my father to use when he goes abroad, he much prefers it over the other cards.

If you want to use whatever card online I suggest that you keep your credit limit to slightly more than what you usually need. That limits your losses on fraud transactions.

ubl, as in united banked limited? hmm ill check them out thanks for the suggestion.