Standard chartered - money deducted, but cash not received!

Today, I tried from ABL and Dubai Islamic Bank to withdraw money using my debit card, however, both waited for a while and finally threw an error saying "Unauthorized Transaction". Now, I came home and while checking my account balance, I found out that both of the amounts have been deducted from my Standard Chartered account!

The helpline advised me to fill the MNET claim form and wait for ~21 days. Ridiculous!

What kind of banking network do we have in Pakistan? So buggy and awful!

This is exactly the reason why I refuse to use Debit Cards in Pakistan. Until Paqkistan can get consumer laws initiated and implemented, there is no way I want to use it as you are eventually gonna get screwed.

standard chartered was suppose to be the best banking institute a few years back but not anymore. the people there are just good to look at but have no idea what they are doing. they misspelled my name on the check book when they just had to copy the name from the forum and i made it clear and the good thing is that the atm card also got the same misspelled name. along with many problems faced since the first day i went there the funniest was that some one stole an employees wallet from the banks second floor. now should i be expecting the ppl there to take care of my money when they cant even take care of there own damn assets. banking over all has degraded just like every damn thing that involves pakistanis. Allah help us all.

last week when i drawn my money frm soneri ATM it took 8 minutes.

when i was going away frm machine and thinking tht same shitty thing happened with me, my cash has been out after 8 minutes

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

standard chartered was suppose to be the best banking institute a few years back but not anymore. the people there are just good to look at but have no idea what they are doing. they misspelled my name on the check book when they just had to copy the name from the forum and i made it clear and the good thing is that the atm card also got the same misspelled name. along with many problems faced since the first day i went there the funniest was that some one stole an employees wallet from the banks second floor. now should i be expecting the ppl there to take care of my money when they cant even take care of there own damn assets. banking over all has degraded just like every damn thing that involves pakistanis. Allah help us all.
[/quote]

Wow, I guess they misspell everyone’s name. My name was also misspelled to get it corrected, the only option they presented was to open a new account. Same goes for the address. I requested them to change my mailing address 6 times in 4 months, and they always promised the amendment to be made in 4-5 working days, but it never happened in 4 months! The only reason I use them is for their swift international transfers. It takes 1 day for a Wire transfer from US to settle into my account.

Yes, they’re horrible.

last week when i drawn my money frm soneri ATM it took 8 minutes.

when i was going away frm machine and thinking tht same shitty thing happened with me, my cash has been out after 8 minutes

[/quote]

That wasn’t the case with me, because I tried more transactions:

at ABL:

1st attempt: Unauthorized attempt

2nd attempt: I canceled it after entering the PIN as I thought to try at another ATM.

1st: Unauthorized transaction

2nd: Account limit reached (which amazed me for a while)

3rd: Account limit reached

i hope things get better for the banking sector as everything that i see is all artificial. there is a whole list of problems being faced specialy at standard chartered. and the funny thing is ppl who i know are proud of being a part of standard chartered. i guess its the same as every other thing in pakistan superficial. they know everything except what they are suppose to know about. ahhhh . and i dont see any improvemets in it any soon.

I have a Standard Chartered AMEX card but haven't ever used their ATM facilities. I use Askari Debit card and have rarely, if ever, had any problem with their service.

Seems like Standard Chartered is crap because I have also read some negative reviews about them in DAWN about regarding credit cards.

I may be in the minority here but I use Citibank Visa and have Never had a problem. Well once I did, and they took care of it within 24 hours. :|

SC is rip off. They ripped 2k Money of mine. Now i Dont keep much money in it. Just 1000 k to use the ATM/Visa Card Facility.. Allied bank is better. Simple & Plain.

I have an account at Standard Chartered. And they have my wrong NIC number entered in it ! When I wanted to activate my Debit Card the person on the phone said I am giving wrong NIC number , After going to the branch I got to know that they had entered 1 digit wrongly of my CNIC number , When I asked them to rectify this they said they are busy and gave me the wrong CNIC number and asked to get my Debit Card activated with that .

I may be in the minority here but I use Citibank Visa and have Never had a problem. Well once I did, and they took care of it within 24 hours. :expressionless:
[/quote]

Yeah, they have good service and it works online.