Standard Chartered Bank Debit Card Internet Use - Anyone experienced?

Hello All,

I'm looking for information about Standard Chartered debit card's online usage. I tried to search and found mixed answers to my questions. Some people claim it works for them while some say it do not work online.

Any of the members or readers have any experience about Standard Chartered's debit card's online usage, please share it here.

Please do not recommend UBL wiz or discuss it in this thread, I'm sick of cards offered by UBL.

Thank you.

The debit card works at some places but doesn't work at many. I prefer loading the Payoneer card using a UBL / Std. Chtd. card. This allows me to use my Payoneer card for all internet transactions. At least it works with almost all merchant gateways.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

The debit card works at some places but doesn’t work at many. I prefer loading the Payoneer card using a UBL / Std. Chtd. card. This allows me to use my Payoneer card for all internet transactions. At least it works with almost all merchant gateways.
[/quote]

Asad, thank you very much for your input. Does Standard Chartered debit card requires activation like UBL wiz. If it requires activation then what is their session duration & how much are their sessions charges?

AqeelSyed: I personally don't use the card, but a friend does (mharis on twitter). I was going to get myself a standard chartered card but it doesn't work on many places. You don't have to activate the session though.

My Std. Chtd. card doesn't work online since it was issued in 2007. Their debit visa cards issued prior to 2009 do not work online I think.

What's the problem you're facing with UBL? If it's the issue where merchants can't charge you, I recommend 24 hour sessions. Some merchants have 4-5 hours delay before they charge and that's where the issue usually kicks in. For recurring payments, I agree UBL isn't a very convenient choice. I personally use Payoneer for all recurring transactions. If I run low on money on payoneer, I just load to payoneer using a UBL card.

AqeelSyed: I personally don’t use the card, but a friend does (mharis on twitter). I was going to get myself a standard chartered card but it doesn’t work on many places. You don’t have to activate the session though.

My Std. Chtd. card doesn’t work online since it was issued in 2007. Their debit visa cards issued prior to 2009 do not work online I think.

What’s the problem you’re facing with UBL? If it’s the issue where merchants can’t charge you, I recommend 24 hour sessions. Some merchants have 4-5 hours delay before they charge and that’s where the issue usually kicks in. For recurring payments, I agree UBL isn’t a very convenient choice. I personally use Payoneer for all recurring transactions. If I run low on money on payoneer, I just load to payoneer using a UBL card.

[/quote]

Asad UBL do not work on most merchants, last time I tried it (3 months back), it was not working at Google checkout.

I have few monthly reoccurring payments, so I want card to stay active.

Payoneer is working fine for me, I’m using it for last 2 years. Sometimes I run out of funds, you have provided a nice tip about loading Payoneer from UBL.

Thank you.

Aqeel,

I have used std chtd debit card on many online merchants. It works smoothly.

But like UBL it doesn't work with Google Checkout. :(

Does Standard Chartered Debit card work on GoDaddy?

Asad UBL do not work on most merchants, last time I tried it (3 months back), it was not working at Google checkout.

I have few monthly reoccurring payments, so I want card to stay active.

Payoneer is working fine for me, I’m using it for last 2 years. Sometimes I run out of funds, you have provided a nice tip about loading Payoneer from UBL.

Thank you.

[/quote]

Hi,

How do u upload funds in Payoneer from UBL. I have UBL wiz and whenever i tried it says, funds rejected by the bank

I used SC card online . Debit one. It works perfect

If I run low on money on payoneer, I just load to payoneer using a UBL card.
[/quote]

UBL Wallet you mean? Can you tell me if the charge by Payoneer is instant or takes time? Since it mentions 2 days approval time for loading the funds where as UBL only allows wallet activation for 24 hours.

Never mind, the card was just activated, the transaction went through, 2 days is the load time I assume now since its approved

^What are the total service charges deducted by both Standard Chartered and Payoneer when Payoneer card is reloaded?