Standard Chartered Bank and Moneybookers in Pakistan

I opened a pak rupee account in Standard Chartered Bank a few days ago. I mainly opened it because i wanted to withdraw money from moneybookers. I added my scb bank account in moneybookers and made a withdrawal of $ 15 to verify my newly opened account on february 5, 2010. On february 18 i found in moneybookers website that my withdrawal has returned. Then i received this message from moneybookers in my mail.

"Thank you for contacting the Moneybookers customer service.

Please be kindly informed that your bank withdrawal has been returned to your Moneybookers account.

Please be also informed that Standard Charter bank does not process bank withdrawals in USD currency, sent by Moneybookers.

Therefore, you should register the details of a different bank account.

Please keep in mind that the bank account should not be in Standard Charter bank or in a bank, which uses Standard Charter bank as intermediary bank."

then googling i found this, http://twitter.com/nidarasheed/status/9008596252

Now i am thinking to give United Bank Limited a try. Please tell me which bank are you using to withdraw funds from moneybookers?

I have used UBL and it worked without any issues. P.S. the claim that Std. Chtd. doesn't process USD currency is utter bullsh**. I have received wire transfers in USD currency in my Std. Chtd. bank account and they have worked without flaws. It's probably something to do with MoneyBookers. Their withdrawal is so cheap, so there has to be a catch. I mean, normally, it'd cost $10-25 for a wire transfer but they're doing it in ~$2-3. Go figure!

U need to withdraw $ to ur pkr account that might be th problem

I think but not sure but u nned to to have Usd$ account to get dollars :)

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

U need to withdraw $ to ur pkr account that might be th problem

I think but not sure but u nned to to have Usd$ account to get dollars :)

[/quote]

No. You can receive a wire transfer in USD and it will be deposited to your PKR account using the inter-bank currency exchange rates.

I have used UBL and it worked without any issues. P.S. the claim that Std. Chtd. doesn’t process USD currency is utter bullsh**. I have received wire transfers in USD currency in my Std. Chtd. bank account and they have worked without flaws. It’s probably something to do with MoneyBookers. Their withdrawal is so cheap, so there has to be a catch. I mean, normally, it’d cost $10-25 for a wire transfer but they’re doing it in ~$2-3. Go figure!
[/quote]

Does UBL give ATM card to new account holder? SCB gave me visa debit card without asking.

use Allied bank its best , detailed explanation : http://zevector.com/blog/?p=15

I also Got the similar e-mail from MB...I thikn I need to attach another bank account for withdrawl as SC is not working anymore...

Yes, they do. They have a session activation system if you want to use it online though.
[/quote]

I already got account with atm. I have opened an e-transaction account for that i do not need to activate any session. Though not sure about that as i never used.

Hello Friends!

I have a good news for you. Yesterday, On Oct 7, 2010 i received this email from moneybookers.

We recently informed you that due to processing issues, withdrawals to Standard Chartered Bank accounts were unavailable and details of your Standard Chartered Bank account had been removed from your Moneybookers profile.

We are pleased to inform you that these issues have been resolved and you can start withdrawing funds from Moneybookers to Standard Chartered again.

[/quote]

I have not made any withdrawals yet therefore can' t confirm whether it is working or not. If any of you have got success please let us know.

Enjoy!

I have account in UBL and recently when I tried to withdraw the Moneybookers balance, I got an email that Standard Chartered is the intermediary and thus they don't accept, was refunded. I hope it will work too now. Thanks for posting this soner.

I am definitely enjoyed to read this post.

nice and informative,

when the day will come when i will be withdrawing money with such methods:D no money no honey :(

Standard Chartered does not support moneybookers and does not support it. The issue has already been discussed in many old thread. Try gong for ABL, UBL etc...