Splitter

I think my unsyncing problem is related to splitter issue. I have 3 splitters, 2 of them dont work so good and they unsync my DSL alot.. Plus when either of those 2 splitter is connected when i pick up the phone, i get some little background noise too which is very minute but i think thats the problem why its Unsyncing.. When it Unsyncs then that background sound in the reciever also goes away so that noise is connected to the DSL unsyncing problem.

The 3rd splitter is working good and i dont hear any background noise in my reciever when its connected but still it disconnects quite a bit still.

So i think im going to change my splitter now, how much will it cost? And does which company's should i buy? Or it doesnt matter?

alamode, you are so right. I had problem with a filter too. but luckly I had a spare filter. but now I too wanna buy another filter. I need help with thsi too. is there a company that makes filters?

I think there are, i have 3 filters.. this 3rd filter is working pretty fine havent unsynced in a while now. With the other 2 it used to unsync every 15 minutes and it was very irritating.

One question??? You connecting ur router to pc through usb or lan???

If through usb then chances of unsyncing increase, as it was personally experienced by me and now i have my connection through lan so everything working great.

How much splitter cost in market?

Yes its through lan.

Im having this problem since quite a while. Its very likely the drop wire is the problem but i dont know, My telephone line is crystal clear.. How can wiring or anything else be the problem. I have 3 splitters, what are the chances of all 3 splitters being faulty :P..

Anyway i think ill change my splitter and ill buy it in a few days just wanted to know if there are different types of splitters and whats its cost? and by which company should i buy? Or it doesnt really matter?

a filter is better than a splitter.. get one from hafeez center of d-link maybe

I have a problem with the splitter. When i connect my usb modem directly to the phone line, it works properly but when i connect it through splitter, it does not connect and light keeps on blinking, though phone line works but with little noise in the background which is not there when connects directly. I have even changed the splitter but still same problem. Does anyone know where is the problem.

Nomi, I don't think you are supposed to connect DSL modem through splitter. Splitter is for connecting the telephone set to the phone line! So connect your modem directly to the phone line, no need of splitter in the middle.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

a filter is better than a splitter… get one from hafeez center of d-link maybe
[/quote]

Whats the cost of filter?

Nomi, I don’t think you are supposed to connect DSL modem through splitter. Splitter is for connecting the telephone set to the phone line! So connect your modem directly to the phone line, no need of splitter in the middle.
[/quote]

If i connect my modem directly to the main line without a splitter, then how will i use the telephone set?

As far as my understanding goes, do not have DSL to test this, but you can take two lines from the main PTCL wire coming to home. Connect one directly to the DSL modem and the other one into filter then into telephone. Someone correct me if I am wrong. This based on Wiki article about DSL splitter/filter,

Typical installation for an existing home involves installing DSL filters on every telephone, fax machine, voiceband modem, and other voiceband device in the home, leaving the DSL modem as the only unfiltered device. In cases where it is possible to run new cables, it can be advantageous to split the telephone line after it enters the home, installing a single DSL filter on one leg and running it to every jack in the home where an analog device will be in use, and dedicating the other (unfiltered) leg to the DSL modem.

As far as my understanding goes, do not have DSL to test this, but you can take two lines from the main PTCL wire coming to home. Connect one directly to the DSL modem and the other one into filter then into telephone. Someone correct me if I am wrong. This based on Wiki article about DSL splitter/filter,

Typical installation for an existing home involves installing DSL filters on every telephone, fax machine, voiceband modem, and other voiceband device in the home, leaving the DSL modem as the only unfiltered device. In cases where it is possible to run new cables, it can be advantageous to split the telephone line after it enters the home, installing a single DSL filter on one leg and running it to every jack in the home where an analog device will be in use, and dedicating the other (unfiltered) leg to the DSL modem.

[/quote]

No dude, you have take a direct line from the Pole, connect that to the splitter then connect DSL line in the DSL port of splitter and the telephone line in the Telephone port of the splitter. If you use the phone before splitter then you will face unsync problems, Modem will disconnect whenever you pick up the phone.

[/quote]

No dude, you have take a direct line from the Pole, connect that to the splitter then connect DSL line in the DSL port of splitter and the telephone line in the Telephone port of the splitter. If you use the phone before splitter then you will face unsync problems, Modem will disconnect whenever you pick up the phone.

a Spilitter costs about 350rs and same is the price for a filter

++ alamode if ur issue is related to phone, like if ur DSL disconnects when you use phone, den its not necessary that its a splitter issue to confirm it....

just remove phones, fax machines, filters, and splitters directly connect ur DSL router to main phone line, and give a ring at DSL line (may be thru ur mobile), if the DSL unsyncs then it means that the issue is with the configuration at DSLAM in exchange, and not with ur splitter

Yes alamode i m using ur method and i have been using like this for more than 5 months. Now it does not even connect. Only works if i connect my modem directly to telephone line.

alamode, I said connect the phone from the splitter but connect the modem directly, without the splitter. The DSL port in the filter is a pass through only, it does not have any use, only the Telephone one is of use. He is having problems so perhaps it is solved if he takes TWO wires from the main PTCL wire, connects one directly to the modem and takes the second wire to the splitter and take telephone line from the splitter.

I hope I cleared my self :).

and yeah filters are for connecting phone line to telephony devices like phones fax machines bla bla..and u connect DSL router to main phone line directly

and splitters are jus the same except they split the line in two, giv direct phone line to the DSL router slot and theres a filter in between for phone slot...

alamode, I said connect the phone from the splitter but connect the modem directly, without the splitter. The DSL port in the filter is a pass through only, it does not have any use, only the Telephone one is of use. He is having problems so perhaps it is solved if he takes TWO wires from the main PTCL wire, connects one directly to the modem and takes the second wire to the splitter and take telephone line from the splitter.

I hope I cleared my self :).

[/quote]

JOker actually u r confusing ppl

A filter has only two slots, one for line in and for phone out (the high frequencies are filtered)

while splitter has three, line in, DSL port(jus a pass thru as u sed) and phone out( which is filtered)

Yeah, sorry, lol shouldn't have used the word filter above :D. Splitter has a 'filter' for phone out, is what I actually meant and the DSL port just a pass through.

Thanks!