@speedtest.net Pakistan is ahead of India

Quite a surprise and hard to believe that Pakistan is on # 136 and India is on 142. Pakistan's average download speed shown there is 1.56 while India is @ average of 1.45.

http://speedtest.net/global.php#0

By the way south korea is on top with an average speed of 37.56..... wowwwww.

How is that a big deal or surprising? Its just stats. Latvia / Rwanda are ahead of the US... So ??

^ Why criticise at Pakistan's achievements? we rarely get them :D

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

^ Why criticise at Pakistan’s achievements? we rarely get them :D
[/quote]

It’s not about criticism or achievement. But the whole point of this thread is wrong… it’s like comparing Apples and Oranges is what i am saying.

Since it’s about numbers, India has roughly 10 times the population of Pakistan, hence probably a lot more internet users, which is bound to bring the average down. So chill… and no i am not criticizing Pakistan at all.

^ Why criticise at Pakistan’s achievements? we rarely get them :D
[/quote]

I am surprised.

great news! Now i deserve a party?

great news! Now i deserve a party?
[/quote]

yeah and make some onion foods

I know its not a ground breaking achievement.. but it's small things over india that make pakistanis happy :D.. Lets celebrate :P

Btw withing Pakistan NWFP (or Pakhtunkhwan..lolz how do u spell it) .. has seperior internet speed (2.84 Mbps) than Sindh(1.96) or Punjab(2.18) .. even Balochistan(2.66) exceeds the two.. wierd.

It’s not about criticism or achievement. But the whole point of this thread is wrong… it’s like comparing Apples and Oranges is what i am saying.

Since it’s about numbers, India has roughly 10 times the population of Pakistan, hence probably a lot more internet users, which is bound to bring the average down. So chill… and no i am not criticizing Pakistan at all.

[/quote]

India was among the very first countries who signed up for fiber optic cable which laid underwater, Pakistan was offered too but at that time our government (so called) didnt pay any attention. India set up call centers way ago then even we start thinking about it. Call centers need much more superior net speed. The stats mentioned at speedtest.net were not taken all the internet users of a country into account, read details there to get more info, how do they get stats.

Thats why i was surprised…

Ghalti Hoo gaee shayaad :)

these things are not to be proud

1.56 vs 1.45... whoopy doo! (note the sarcasm).

Had there been a difference of a whole megabit, then maybe - but let's go over Maths 101:

1.56 Mbps * 1024 = 1597 Kbps

1.45 Mbps * 1024 = 1484 Kbps

1597 - 1484 = 113 Kbps

113 Kbps / 8 = 14 KB/s

So... we're being happy at an achievement of 14 KB extra on average. I know dialup itself comes around 4-5KB/s... so add three dialup connections in place of that, and India will be at par with our speeds.

Oh - but it's not just India - it's 142 - 136 = 6 different countries in the list. So we beat 6 different countries by ending up supplying 14KB more on average?

Wow. I. Am. Surprised.

---

Edit: sorry for being a party pooper - but this is a marginal improvement. And the internet speed isn't very major - we don't have 3G. Forget 3G, we don't even have gas and electricity yet we have one of the largest gas reserves in the world. Where do we stand on those ranks?

(sorry for being in a grumpy mood - I don't know why though :P )

Whats wrong you guys, its not something to be proud of or any kind of achievement.

India is getting that low speed (as per calculation above, almost equal) is a bit surprise for the reasons I just mentioned above.

Anyhow, keep enjoying whatever speed we are getting.

And as a matter of fact there is no competition between us and them, coz in many fields we are not even in the race, but I still love Pakistan. :)

1.56 vs 1.45… whoopy doo! (note the sarcasm).

Had there been a difference of a whole megabit, then maybe - but let’s go over Maths 101:

1.56 Mbps * 1024 = 1597 Kbps

1.45 Mbps * 1024 = 1484 Kbps

1597 - 1484 = 113 Kbps

113 Kbps / 8 = 14 KB/s

So… we’re being happy at an achievement of 14 KB extra on average. I know dialup itself comes around 4-5KB/s… so add three dialup connections in place of that, and India will be at par with our speeds.

Oh - but it’s not just India - it’s 142 - 136 = 6 different countries in the list. So we beat 6 different countries by ending up supplying 14KB more on average?

Wow. I. Am. Surprised.

Edit: sorry for being a party pooper - but this is a marginal improvement. And the internet speed isn’t very major - we don’t have 3G. Forget 3G, we don’t even have gas and electricity yet we have one of the largest gas reserves in the world. Where do we stand on those ranks?

(sorry for being in a grumpy mood - I don’t know why though :P )

[/quote]

i give you a Rank Tata Group’s Revenue is equal to ONE-FOURTH (quarter) of Pakistan’s GDP

Upto 100 major Dams throughout the country yes there is Load shedding but not like Pakistan VS in Pakistan you know that

Tata Steel world’s seventh largest steel company. where is our steel company?

India now having 3.5G network in various parts of country now they enjoying video calls we still holding expensive smartphones but not able to make video calls and thanks to Zardari implementing 10% tax

they have many online web based mails portals like one rediff.com we still doesn’t have stable ministries websites

Well indian 3G is not much better than Pakistani. And if you see the list of countries for Upload speeds, you will see India at 103 and Pakistan at 131.

CHECK GUYS afghanistan is above on both india and pakistan

CHECK GUYS afghanistan is above on both india and pakistan
[/quote]

It means even afghanis are getting better speed than we.

ok imagine a brand new country... with a population of just 1 person.... now that dude has access to a 4Mbps connection... now according to speedtest, that country with 1 guy will probably score above a lot of nations including India and Pakistan...

it is JUST stats...

I hope all you smarty pants can GET that....

closing thread...