Speed Upgradaion Issue with PTCL

I am a PTCL customer and using National Package (speed = 256kbps). Some two months ago, I lodged a request through PTCL help line 1236 to upgrade my speed to 1Mbps but the upgradation was not successful, upgradation resulted in frequent disconnectivity and speed issues, even most of the times my modem could not sink. After too many calls to their technical help line 1218, I was told that the speed cannot be upgraded because my location is comparatively at a longer distance (almost 5Km) from exchange.Perforce, I had to down-grade to 256Kbps speed and everything became smooth again. Please help me to upgrade my speed to 1Mbps at least. My DSL stats are attached as image

dslstats.png

The problem is that I cannot use any other service except PTCL DSL because only they have services in my remote area.

and I am on a copper wire, no optical fiber :(

according to this calculator you are at a distance of 4.4Km

The calculator gives theoretical values, might be some other factors are responsible for the difference between theoretical and actual distance. I used google maps to find out the distance b/w my home and exchange and I know the exact cable rout. Is there any workaround??? Help please.

If you can get hold of this modem it will defiantly help http://www.kitz.co.uk/routers/2wire_2700_HGV.htm

Not a practical solution for me, can anybody help with a more practical solution to my problem?

Have you seen your attenuation? And its PTCL you are talking about. Do not expect any miracles. You have to live with what you have. Its better than dialup after all.

IMO, upgrading you to 1024mbps causes snr to drop quite close to 0. Thats why you end up with frequent disconnections.

SNR margin value should be as high as possible.

Attenuation value should be as low as possible.

just for a test ., try to convert your adsl mode to G.mt . then post your Attainable rate ! like right now your is 1264kbps

[quote=“starznitez1, post:9, topic:16868”]

just for a test ., try to convert your adsl mode to G.mt . then post your Attainable rate ! like right now your is 1264kbps

[/quote]

Sorry, I am novice about such stuff, how to convert to this gmt mode?

I was able to conver to .gmt mode getting help from here. After enabling .gmt mode, SNR and attenuation were improved, here is the screenshot after converting to this mode. Any ray of hope?

gmtenabled.png

Yeah bro ., now apply for 1mb . but again , there are 50 . 50 Chances' . because now your modem and line can support about 1.75 ,Mb . I hope at this mode your modem will work perfectly !

try your luck again !

one thing more , at this mode your connection will more stable .

[quote=“starznitez1, post:12, topic:16868”]

Yeah bro ., now apply for 1mb . but again , there are 50 . 50 Chances’ . because now your modem and line can support about 1.75 ,Mb . I hope at this mode your modem will work perfectly !

try your luck again !

one thing more , at this mode your connection will more stable .

[/quote]

Thanks a lot man, I will offer you a treat if the conversion is successful. :P

[quote=“FARAN, post:7, topic:16868”]

Not a practical solution for me, can anybody help with a more practical solution to my problem?

[/quote]

This modem is know as the most stable one, http://community.plu…ic=74949.5;wap2

Your margins seems to have improved. which modem you are using ? Mine improved a lot with a modem change

I am using the one given by PTCL, Fiberhome's AN1020-16T

Try to get Huawei HG510. Old model, best i have seen to date. Second best is Fiberhome and you already have it.

Lets hope fibre covers whole Pakistan except major Islamabad,lahore :D they should move on with smaller cities too.Baba e Azam time cables won't work any good.