Speed Test Analyze

Is my speed good i am using 1 MB PTCL DSL.

http://www.evernewsms.com/Untitled-1.png

Help me in understanding all these values my networking knowledge is so poor.

perfect! :)

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

perfect! :)
[/quote]

What are the normal values, or lower values so i can get better idea in future.

I am leaving in LHR when i select lhr as a new server then it shows Wateen.com

i get 0.89Mbps Down...so its normal/ideal value for copper.....because server in Lahore is of Wateen's...... lol...

jalpari in speedtest.net the Lahore server is of WATEEN and Islamabad server is of PTCL itself.The test of your connection is fine ,you will be getting 108KB/sec downloading speed and 25KB/sec upload speed.Your phone line noise issue is over or its still there?

jalpari in speedtest.net the Lahore server is of WATEEN and Islamabad server is of PTCL itself.The test of your connection is fine ,you will be getting 108KB/sec downloading speed and 25KB/sec upload speed.Your phone line noise issue is over or its still there?
[/quote]

Today, Lineman removed the joint in line because his seniors asked him and they send that man specially. I was feeling ashamed becoz he has been punished due to my problem.

But it was he who was showing his high brain and other staff not i was. I am customer and i am paying them so customer will cry when she will do nothing and still pay.

But problem is not at all finish becoz they r saying u must select fibre optical as u r in web work. I have to upload and manage server / client works. And sometimes when connection suck client abuse me as i complain.

My problem was something but they create lot of problems and at the end did nothing just remove break/joints which was putted by them. I am sure in future what they will do with me.

Noise margin is still 3 and attenuation is 63.5

Could your noise margin be because of electronic appliances either connected near the same socket, or be connected to the same telephone line?

What the technicians don't tell you (or don't know) is that a filter is supposed to be hooked onto every telephone appliance so that it doesn't interfere with the DSL signal. In Pakistan, they only give you a splitter, and that's it. Call up an electrician, and ask them to do the rewiring for you so that the DSL splitter gets the telephone/DSL signal first, then it gets distributed in the house. My noise margin went from 45 (or so) to down to 20 (or so).

Hope this helps.

The DP in which your phone wire is connected is faulty,Its a UG(underground cable) fault.Try to change it.I know its hard to change but there is no other option left.The best way to do is to call 1218 and don't talk to the bloody operator they don't note down your complaints,try to make automatic complain and that works.Its saved in their database.The bosses do check it.The haram khur SDO/supervisor will do something no matter how much hard they go.

lmao.. Haramkhor.. lol.. i like it.. i like it! ;p

The DP in which your phone wire is connected is faulty,Its a UG(underground cable) fault.Try to change it.I know its hard to change but there is no other option left.The best way to do is to call 1218 and don’t talk to the bloody operator they don’t note down your complaints,try to make automatic complain and that works.Its saved in their database.The bosses do check it.The haram khur SDO/supervisor will do something no matter how much hard they go.
[/quote]

But in feb dp pairs was broken and they change that pairs … they told me pairs r located in little box of ur poll.

Now yesterday, team leader who help me told we can not change underground wiring. so u must select FIBer optical cable and get new connection of fone line and dsl becoz ur line are old. ( who will pay them double bill , u know it takes time in terminating and applying for new one, and after few years they will say fiber optical cable has been damaged.)

What is different now in feb they change pairs located in poll box and now they r saying wiring is under ground.

I get this on my 1 mbps. Lucky maybe

http://www.speedtest.net/result/468236749.png

[/quote]

ur is good compare to mine … hain na

consider wateen wimax....

consider wateen wimax…
[/quote]

can not leave ptcl atleast till sept. 2009, plz check my speed and nosie margin was 7.7 that time .

[/quote]

how much u get while downloading…sometimess speedtest.net gives screwed results :P

Its capped on 1024 from the exchange ,how did you exceeded the limit :| . Speedtest sucks sometimes.

Its capped on 1024 from the exchange ,how did you exceeded the limit :expressionless: . Speedtest sucks sometimes.
[/quote]

what is min speed of uploading and downloading.?

there is no limit on minimum values...sumtimes you get .25Mbps upload sometimes get 0.5 mbps....same scenario for downloading sumtimes get 0.90 mbps sometimes we get 0.10 mbps :D