Speed Results for 8 Mbps on Copper

Download Attenuation: 43

Download SNR: 9

Package: 8 Mbps

991014013.png

Torrents download at 800+ Kilobyte/s

Youtube Videos load at 14 Mbps. (I don't know why but they do)

Many people here claimed that PTCL copper can't support 8 Mbps, but I still upgraded, and I am glad I did. Impressive speed, I will go for 10 Mbps soon.

I tried to upgrade to Fiber Optic, but Its not available in my area (DHA, Lahore). Though I will not be needing it afterall.

They didn't claim false & I am the one of them.Its working for you and it doesn't mean it will work for everyone.Probably you're nearer to your exchange and you got new underground cable which supports this much speed.Your line attenuation is bit higher,I don't know how did you achieve this but whats your line maximum Attainable Line Rate?

A few lucky ones.

Yup There speed is Good if they provide you full :)

your up speed is very low

Yup up speed is Low but most people only want Download speed and use DL not UL speed ;)

Before upgrading, check what the router states on the config page under the heading "attainable line speed". That'll give you an indication of what your line supports with ease.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Before upgrading, check what the router states on the config page under the heading “attainable line speed”. That’ll give you an indication of what your line supports with ease.
[/quote]

Last time I checked it was above 10,000 kbps, I have seen that figure go upto 17,000

With an SNR of just 9 your connection is probably very unstable. The absolute minimum SNR for a DSL connection is supposed to be 6!

With an SNR of just 9 your connection is probably very unstable. The absolute minimum SNR for a DSL connection is supposed to be 6!
[/quote]

So you’re saying my unstable connection is working better than stable connections ?

So you’re saying my unstable connection is working better than stable connections ?

[/quote]

nice 1 :)

Mine is 9.2 working Good MashaAllah

i need upload speed, i dont want dl speed much. ur upload speed is nofing. mostly peopls have 4th of dl speed in uplink, its like UP 1020 DL 256 or 2038/512 but me i when i use 1 mb i got 1021downlink 519k in uplink, then i got upgrade to 2mb i got 2038/1012, now i'm getting 4039/2019, i'm the lucky one (in my city) having half of dl speed. MY SNR: 19 and Line Attenuation: 38. speedtest.net didnot show actual result. and my line is coper not fiber.

Upload speed is too slow of PTCL DSL. like this one which dl is 8mb and ul is much less then 1mb. ptcl should solve this problem. bcoz i use utorrent and want maximum upload speed.

It is not really a "problem". Upload speed is intentionally kept low, as these are ADSL connections targeted for home users. For maximum upload speed, you'll have to get either SDSL or have custom configuration on your current package if PTCL has any such policy.

then why ptcl called it 8mbps. and and for information, torrents are also used at home pc. torrents are not for business purpose only. and what is sdsl or other? how to take it.

Symmetric DSL (SDSL) = Data Rates for both DS & US are same e.g 8MB DS & 8MB US

Asymmetric DSL (ADSL) = Data Rates for both DS & US are different e.g 8MB DS & 1MB US

PTCL gives ADSL services

You guys should be happy as most ISPs from US, Canada & Europe gives US of 768KB, where DS are like 6MB+

then why ptcl called it 8mbps. and and for information, torrents are also used at home pc. torrents are not for business purpose only. and what is sdsl or other? how to take it.
[/quote]

As mentioned above, home DSL packages are usually ADSL. Upload speeds are kept intentionally low as equal upload speed is not a requirement of a home user and it puts extra burden on their bandwidth.

You should feel lucky that in Pakistan ISPs don’t usually throttle or block torrents traffic. Abroad, ISPs monitor it and may even try to block it.

For eg which ISP throttle torrents traffic abroad?