Specs Recommendation Needed for a new Gamming PC

Hello guys

I need a PC for my younger bro. He will prefer it for games. specifically Counter Strike Source... (yesterday night I shouted on him when I saw him playing it on my laptop :o ). I dont know why he can not play it (on internet) on the PC already he has.. :/

any ways. I thought to get some recommendations before buying.

and please also separately recommend for the PSU for current electricity situation. I read about Cooler Master here on WP and on some other places. please consider it too.

thank you

edit---

I dont want high budget PC any way. it would be great if it would be around 28k, 30k, etc.

(Counter strike dun need a high-end gpu or cpu)

e7400 9,900rs

2gb ram 2,000rs

9600gt or 9800gt

Asus p5kpl-vm 4,000rs

All right here is what I recommend

Processor-- Intel Core 2 Duo E7400-2.8Ghz @Rs.10,200

Motherboard-- ASUS P5B MX @Rs.4,300

RAM-- 2GB Corsair DDR-II 800 @ Rs.2,050

Graphics Card-- XFX Nvidia 9600GSO@ Rs.6,350

PSU-- Cooler Master eXtreme 460w@ Rs.3,400

Casing-- Any Intel Approved Thermal Design @~2000

Final Cost: RsRs.28300

Great PC for moderate gaming ;)

Counter Strike? :rolleyes:

Just get him a P4 2.0+ ghz processor, Good mobo, 1gb ram, 512mb Graphic Card, 5.1 Sound Card, 80+gb harddisk, Good casing, Good PSU, Good keyboard, Good mouse, Good Speakers, Good 19+ inch LCD or CRT monitor & thats all.

^I have one in home 4 to 5 years old, P4- 2.4Ghz, 1Gig ram, Nv-64m-ddr. the Game also runs better on it. but he can not play it on internet.

I dont know what the matter is it. I also posted the issue once in Games forums but it didn't return any kind of good response/solution. and I dont have time to check the issue. on the system, also I am not interested to look for issues in hardware stuff.

but I thought to upgrade the system as well because it's old enough to move on. for home use other than his game. I only mentioned the Game with the requirement because I dont want any trouble or excuse from him again about any thing.

edit

and I am not as well up to date with the PC games. but I also thought the problem could be because of setting or or the internet or any thing beside the Specs I already have. if that is true with this game.

so now simple question..

should I buy any upgraded system without taking that Game in my mind? also if he would want to play an other one newer or latest some time later....

That P4 is sufficient for Counter Strike and it might be a net problem which prevents ur brother from playing it online, which ISP do u have?

As for upgrading, I advise u to do that sometime in the winter season as there is a chance then for a rapid price drop

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

That P4 is sufficient for Counter Strike and it might be a net problem which prevents ur brother from playing it online, which ISP do u have?
[/quote]

Nopss it’s not ISP. only that PC is not able to let him play on internet. on othe machine it’s fine to play.

As for upgrading, I advise u to do that sometime in the winter season as there is a chance then for a rapid price drop
[/quote]

Chance… :confused: i dont actually like it ‘chances’, Do it now if you need it now. any ways I didn’t know as well about that ‘price reduction in winter’ fact. thanks.

but thanks for your suggestion about the specs above. I’ll compare your suggested specs.

I think really that’s all. and thanks all.

dont ever spend 28k for a counter strike gaming pc! thats just stupid! And stupid suggestions from those who suggested a E7400! He didnt say Far Cry 2, he said CSS!

dont ever spend 28k for a counter strike gaming pc! thats just stupid! And stupid suggestions from those who suggested a E7400! He didnt say Far Cry 2, he said CSS!
[/quote]

He will not play CS all his life without doing anything else on his PC… and if a new game comes out better that Source, will he buy a newer PC for that as well? One PC per game… It might make sense to u but I fail to get ur point

[/quote]

please read the posts in full if you want to suggest something. thanks.

any ways appreciating some ones on their suggestions is not a bad idea at all. that really doesn’t mean I am having money and just going to buy the above branded PC. but you can take the comparative things in your mind when even selecting another choice :)

[/quote]

How do you know about this price drop?

experience pal, I always keep in touch with vendors for checking out prices..... any ways, as new products are released mainly in winter (back to school season abroad) and the pre-christmas season... other products' prices are reduced.

Processor: Intel E5200 2.5ghz.........5900rs

Board: Asus P5kpl-cm................4150rs

Ram: corsair xms2 2Gb............2150rs

GPU: xfx 9800gt 512MB...........9350rs

Hard Disk: WD 500GB 32MB cache... 5000rs

PSU: cm 460watt.....................3400rs

Casing: standard casing................1000rs

total:................................................30950rs

Processor: Intel E5200 2.5ghz…5900rs

Board: Asus P5kpl-cm…4150rs

Ram: corsair xms2 2Gb…2150rs

GPU: xfx 9800gt 512MB…9350rs

Hard Disk: WD 500GB 32MB cache… 5000rs

PSU: cm 460watt…3400rs

Casing: standard casing…1000rs

total:…30950rs

[/quote]

x2, for gaming the gpu is more important than the processor

experience pal, I always keep in touch with vendors for checking out prices… any ways, as new products are released mainly in winter (back to school season abroad) and the pre-christmas season… other products’ prices are reduced.
[/quote]

most of the shipment of hardware comes from china in Pakistan, and in winter season usually the silk root gets block due to heavy snow, due to this the hardware becomes more expensive in Pakistan.

A hardware seller told me this story. i dont know how truth is this.

[/quote]

agree with poton, its a best medium rang gaming PC. If you have some financial issues then you can buy a smaller Hard Drive.

[/quote]

Gr8 suggestion

overclock the processor and you will be able to play all the latest games

[/quote]

That’s almost the exact of what I was going to suggest. The only exception being the hard disk drive. I would suggest SEAGATE 500GB 3.5" HDD 7200RPM 16MB Cache (ST-3500418AS) as it’s way faster at higher sustained I/O writes and reads of 120MB / sec average. The one in the above suggestion is from the “green” series which will have lower power consumption, but the performance will suffer a bit.

@ ennay, might be... My statement was based on my own personal observation and a few vendors also reinforce my point. Anyways, I was generally thinking about the autumn-- winter transition period

and the specs of the rig posted above are better than what I gave yeah the gpu is more important

thank you all for your contributions. I am just going to Hafeez Center as I got time today.

I'll try to put the specs here what will I get.

^_^ and yeah don’t forget to put the price of the specs.