Sony PS3 Vs developers

Activision Blizzard CEO and president Bobby Kotick has said that the company may have to stop supporting all Sony platforms in the future unless Sony is able to regain a position of power in the market.

"They have to cut the price, because if they don't, the attach rates are likely to slow", Kotick continued. "If we are being realistic, we might have to stop supporting Sony...When we look at 2010 and 2011, we might want to consider if we support the console - and the PSP [portable] too."

Sony's Response:

A public statement issued by Sony refutes these claims however and says that the PlayStation 3 is doing phenomenally well, with increasing sales and a glut of titles, many of which are exclusive.

"We enjoy healthy business relationships with and greatly value our publishing partners and are working closely with them to deliver the best entertainment experience,".

Whats your take on this?

Are they eventually going to drop the price?

Is the coming of PS3 slim to affect the overall price and quality?

The purchasing power of the consumers are declining in the western countries due to increasing unemployment and continuing crises and to survive in the Market....Sony must reduce prices....otherwise Activision has other options too! But again it wud not be so easy for Activision to stop supporting Sony platforms as Sony also possess a great market share too....!

SONY is good but prices are crap...

at least MS has easily beaten SONY in consoles in all ways...

Indeed MS have the better hand this time. But I feel that 2009 an 2010 may become Sony's year, especially with the release of exclusive titles that MS has a huge problem with.

God of War 3

Uncharted 2

Ratchet and Clank

Final Fantasy online

Then there is also the PS3 slim, which will definitely drop the price and maybe make this a very attractive product. Of course we won't readily buy it, cuz we can't afford the games, as compared to the 360.

MS will pawn Sony again..Look at the SoNY PS3 exclusives,all are pawned with MS and i think so no PS3 exclusives will remain in the future too...

u are right that maybe MS will have problems with the above-mentioned games but the announcements made by MS for 2010 or 2012 are more stunnung i.e project NATAL....However SONY has kept mum in response to this..

Handhelds are infact the SONY's domain..I am the big fan of PSP...

hope that prices drop as recently there is an increase of 2k to 3k in the prices of PSP :rolleyes:

Natal is still at its infancy, it won't be released soon nor will it replace the 360. They haven't even given the public a live demo (means people(the public) haven't tried it). Besides Natal they don't have a killer title to up against PS3 this and next year. Also Soy has its own motion censor thing as well, which was released in E3.

Another thing, project Natal is a total copy of Sony's eyetoy. Natal only took it one step furthur. Youtube for eyetoy.

As for handhelds go, Nintendo will always be miles ahead of any competition. Its their domain, their turf, no one has been able to compete with the bigN, its suicide.

^Nintendo==childish games and childish graphics...

hope u agree,...

now look at the line-up of games for PSP in the comng 2 or 3 months...

hope u understand and agree.....

(i am not a fanboy of PSP but fact is fact)...

^Nintendo=childish games =yes

Nintendo=childish graphics =yes

Nintendo=Cheapest console =yes

Nintendo=Really making money =yes

Nintendo=current leading gaming Console and Handheld =yes

Nintendo=upcoming line up of games = upcoming line up of games on the PSP

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Activision Blizzard CEO and president Bobby Kotick has said that the company may have to stop supporting all Sony platforms in the future unless Sony is able to regain a position of power in the market.

“They have to cut the price, because if they don’t, the attach rates are likely to slow”, Kotick continued. "If we are being realistic, we might have to stop supporting Sony…When we look at 2010 and 2011, we might want to consider if we support the console - and the PSP [portable] too."

Sony’s Response:

A public statement issued by Sony refutes these claims however and says that the PlayStation 3 is doing phenomenally well, with increasing sales and a glut of titles, many of which are exclusive.

“We enjoy healthy business relationships with and greatly value our publishing partners and are working closely with them to deliver the best entertainment experience,”.

Whats your take on this?

Are they eventually going to drop the price?

Is the coming of PS3 slim to affect the overall price and quality?

[/quote]

I say that ANYONE out there who believes that Activision will actually even seriously think to ACT on this crap is a crazy person! Around 24 million PS3 users, that’s a LOT of sales you just don’t wana ditch. Besides this, Sony can always increase the royalty for their PS2 games ANNDD, they also have got the rights of Spiderman and other BIG names plus many of the artists Activision use for their guitar hero games. This is just a publicity stunt and nothing else. That’s it!

I own both the consoles and I hate god damn fanboys who want to see Sony destroyed or the Sony fans who want to see M$ destroyed or even Nintendo haters. I mean what the hell is wrong with people? COMPETITION DRIVES EVERYTHING! WE NEED COMPETITION.

Since I own both the next-gen consoles, this is my take on them

Xbox360 is more like a Suzuki while Sony being the Toyota. PS3 is expensive yes but it’s far superior to Xbox360 in many ways. I believe it is actually CHEAPER than Xbox360 because it comes with everything and I mean almost everything! It’s like Mehran owners saying Corolla is a crappy car because it’s expensive. There really is very little to compare here. Xbox is a gaming console and PS3 is an all-in-one entertainment unit. It’s upto the user to make the decisions. If you wana play games get an Xbox360 but if you want to have a complete entertainment unit that does everything, get a PS3. It’s simple.

I believe it(PS3) is actually CHEAPER than Xbox360
[/quote]

how…???

how…???

[/quote]

I guess he means that the PS3 price/features ratio is much better than the 360, hence it is cheap.

Zeeshan does have have a point about Activision Bluffing, but then look at sonys claim for supporting PS3 for 10 years, its absurd.

Programming the PS3 is a tough job:(Common complaints)

.To get full power you need to program for all 6/8 cores

.The GPU RAM is insufficient and complex compared to 360

.Porting from 360 to PS3

However some do highlight the advantages:

.Bluray giving more space, hence better high textures

Natal is still at its infancy, it won’t be released soon nor will it replace the 360. They haven’t even given the public a live demo (means people(the public) haven’t tried it). Besides Natal they don’t have a killer title to up against PS3 this and next year. Also Soy has its own motion censor thing as well, which was released in E3.

Another thing, project Natal is a total copy of Sony’s eyetoy. Natal only took it one step furthur. Youtube for eyetoy.

As for handhelds go, Nintendo will always be miles ahead of any competition. Its their domain, their turf, no one has been able to compete with the bigN, its suicide.

[/quote]

On youtube you can see alot of live demos which MS gave at E3. They invited alot of the public to have a demo of it, You can see the videos on youtube.

Plus as for the games, Dont expect any big game like COD4 or anything like that to come on Natal. Natal will most probably have its own games. I dont think a feature like natal needs a big game, Only a couple of decent games will be good enough to sell natal. People will buy it because of the technology.

Oh and sony’s motion censor thing was cool but Natal is way cooler.

Natal is definitely way cooler. I think they can come up with an FPS game:

A Wii mote like pad for movement and the other hand is used to look around and shoot lightening. As for Natal being shown to public, I will definitely see it.

Most of the videos contain celeberaties trying out natal but in a few videos there are also normal public

btw when i told one of my friends about natal he didnt believe it :D.. he said okey lets assume you are playing a game like Tekken and you are fighting someone, Now lets say you feel itchy on your ass and you start to rub there.. Will your character in game also start rubbing his ass :D :D :D

LOL !!! :D.. btw thats a good question LOL :P

Edit: Found the general public video link

... Btw the girl who tries natal 2nd is hot :P

btw when i told one of my friends about natal he didnt believe it :D… he said okey lets assume you are playing a game like Tekken and you are fighting someone, Now lets say you feel itchy on your ass and you start to rub there… Will your character in game also start rubbing his ass :D :smiley: :D

[/quote]

That can only occur if the programmers programmed it. Whats interesting to see is, how they implement multiplayer. Now try to imagine two guys playing tekken in the same room.

how…???

[/quote]

So lets take the basic ARCADE version of Xbox360. It costs $200right? Add a 60GB harddrive that’s $160 that’s $200+$160=$360, add a controller recharger and that’s $20 more which makes it $380. Plus add the Wifi adapter for Xbox and that is $100 more that makes it $480 so there you have it and I am not even counting BluRay plus $40 for a yearly subscription of XBLA :) You know the figures don’t look pretty :)

PS3 comes with everything +bluray +80gig hdd for the price of $399 and with FREE online gaming :) It kicks ass y’know so that’s how PS3 is much cheaper than Xbox :)

I guess he means that the PS3 price/features ratio is much better than the 360, hence it is cheap.

Zeeshan does have have a point about Activision Bluffing, but then look at sonys claim for supporting PS3 for 10 years, its absurd.

Programming the PS3 is a tough job:(Common complaints)

.To get full power you need to program for all 6/8 cores

.The GPU RAM is insufficient and complex compared to 360

.Porting from 360 to PS3

However some do highlight the advantages:

.Bluray giving more space, hence better high textures

[/quote]

How is that claim absurd? They are still supporting PS2 and it’s already in 9th years of its cycle and I don’t see Sony pull PS2 support any time sooner. As for the development being difficult. I would have accepted these arguement 2 years ago but things have changed a lot, and I mean a LOT now. Tecmo, Rockstar, Naughty Dogs, Sucker Punch, MM, they are working on EXCLUSIVE PS3 titles. Head of EA in a recent interview already said that Xbox has reached it’s potential and there is more juice to be extracted from PS3. If you think PS2 was an easy platform to develop for then you should do a little research. It was even more difficult to program for than it is for PS3 but PS2 eventually came up on the top. The point is that new development kits have been sent to the third party developers and THE ICE TEAM keep working on new engine tweaks all the time, making PS3 development a hell lot easier and extracting MORE power from the Cell Processor which is a great piece of tech! Really, things have changed and they are starting to become very interesting what with the rumor/news of M$ coming up with a new version of Xbox360 in 2010 :)

So lets take the basic ARCADE version of Xbox360. It costs $200right? Add a 60GB harddrive that’s $160 that’s $200+$160=$360, add a controller recharger and that’s $20 more which makes it $380. Plus add the Wifi adapter for Xbox and that is $100 more that makes it $480 so there you have it and I am not even counting BluRay plus $40 for a yearly subscription of XBLA :) You know the figures don’t look pretty :)

PS3 comes with everything +bluray +80gig hdd for the price of $399 and with FREE online gaming :) It kicks ass y’know so that’s how PS3 is much cheaper than Xbox :)

[/quote]

Thats a nice and fair comparision.

But still if you need an Xbox 360 you have to spend less to get the console, But if you want PS3 you have to spend more but probably you spend the same ammount on both consoles in the long run but its the initial cost which is the difference.

Rockstar making an exclusive game?

EA making exclusive game or porting a game and then optimizing it for PS3? Fat chance

Comparing PS3's success to PS2? No you can't, hence less motivation to produce for 10Yrs.

Is Natal the new M$? NO

More exclusive PS3 titles? Hell yeah

How long will PS3 last? About 5Yrs from now.

Is PS3 piracy on the works? Hell yeah!!!!!!

Taken from Bit Tech

if you wanted to know why Valve don't create games for the PlayStation 3 then Valve's Tom Leonard has spilled some answers, doing so quite brutally in a comment to Loot Ninja.

"The PC and the 360 are just more straightforward," claimed Tom, simply. "We can focus on what we want to do, which is make game experiences, instead of sweating bullets over obscure architectural decisions they make with their platform."

"I didn't come into this business in the 90s because of some technical fetish. I came in because I wanted to give people experiences that made them have fun."

[/quote]

They will eat those words