Sony dvd player - DVP-NS728HP/B

I have purchased this product and would know how do i play movies on this product via the usb.

I have tried various different movie formats and extension to play, but somehow the player keeps giving an error, format not supported.

IS there some kind of software that i need to download and convert the videos for the dvd player to support it to play?

would appreciate a feedback if someone has ever come across this device? its a hot selling product i know..

http://www.sony.com.my/product/dvp-ns728hp

and im sure most of you'll have this product at home

Looking forward for some help

Sorry i have philips DVD :P

avs video convertor can be used.

download it via torrent and install it.

now convert your video to different formats and play it one by one.

this will do a trick.

@sykosocket

Specs of this dvd are very clear that only Divx format files would be played on it cauz its an official copyright format used by almost all of the international companies for their dvd players. I have a dvd player which i purchased from peshawar its china made does play all of the possible formats and i never found any problem with it. But in your case i believe you need to convert those files into divx format first and then try playing them cauz its sony and it would not play a file untill that file falls into one of its recognized playing formats which is apparently divx only.

is there any dvd player in which i can use USB? i mean i downloaded movies on my pc and put them in USB and plug that usb in my dvd is it possible?

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

is there any dvd player in which i can use USB? i mean i downloaded movies on my pc and put them in USB and plug that usb in my dvd is it possible?
[/quote]

Not a DVD player but a media player from WD, yes. See the B/S/T forums for jshak’s thread some time back. IIRC, he was selling something like it.

--

Most of dvd players with usb plays AVI & DAT format for videos and MP3 for audio. If you want complete freedom (Virtually) then get either wdtv live or segate's GoFlex. These devices plays almost all the internet format including mkv. Only format not played was .flv for some odd reasons i am not sure. With these devices you can connect a usb flash or external harddisk for media to be played from them. If you connect the device to internet cable, you can watch youtube directly on ur tv. though typing thru remote control is somewhat cumbersome and resolution varies off course.