Someone is reading my Warid SMS

Ok here is the problem. One of my friend has Warid number and someone is reading his messages. Every message that he send or receive is read by that other person. Like just a few minutes ago he sent an SMS to someone about this problem and he got a message from that other person something like "why are you giving my number to others....I can block your number mind you"

This is happening for many days. Now there are two possibilities:

1. Either his mobile is hacked and some kind of trojan/virus is in it which is doing all this. In that case I guess formatting the mobile and restoring to factory default settings will solve the problem!?

2. There is another possibility that someone from Warid is doing all this. I talked to their support and they told me you can ask to put a "tag" on my friend's number after which no one except him will be able to read messages. But I guess this happens in case where the other person is ready your SMS directly from system connected to Warid database like someone working in the company but in this case one copy of each message is being sent and received on that other number so I am not sure putting a tag will solve this problem.

What to do now?

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

There is another possibility that someone from Warid is doing all this.
[/quote]

This possibility sounds more likely to b the case.

This possibility sounds more likely to b the case.

[/quote]

well i doubt that , according to my info in whole warid only one person is designated or you can say have authority to read the sms , so i doubt that if that is the only person who has any link with your friend lol , rest you can complain warid for this issue what they say ??

1 - Change handset to see if some kind of automated forwarding is in use from the mobile set.

2 - Complain to PTA to whip Warid's a55.

1 - Change handset to see if some kind of automated forwarding is in use from the mobile set.
[/quote]

Yup that’s what I though too. I have another set but I will have to purchase its charger since the older one got burned/fried due to electricity/UPS.

^ Just borrow a set from someone temporarily.

^ Just borrow a set from someone temporarily.
[/quote]

Have done that. Let’s see what happens.

Strange. First there was SMS blocking and now SMS reading, By the way who is this guy ? Is he threatening you ? What mobile are you using. I can say If you are using the symbian OS device then It must have some software installed which is sending all your sms like something forwarding.

Here is a quick method to know If your mobile is hacked. Check your sms counter, send a blank SMS on your own number and check the counter again. If counter is increased by two SMS, format your mobile but backup everything before doing, Format your memory card too or just delete everything on memory card except the media files. If counter is increased by only one sms then I'm sure he has some sources inside Warid.

Strange. First there was SMS blocking and now SMS reading, By the way who is this guy ? Is he threatening you ? What mobile are you using. I can say If you are using the symbian OS device then It must have some software installed which is sending all your sms like something forwarding.

Here is a quick method to know If your mobile is hacked. Check your sms counter, send a blank SMS on your own number and check the counter again. If counter is increased by two SMS, format your mobile but backup everything before doing, Format your memory card too or just delete everything on memory card except the media files. If counter is increased by only one sms then I’m sure he has some sources inside Warid.

[/quote]

Ever since I changed the set last night there has been no activity from that guy. I asked my friend to send some SMS to provoke that guy so that he reply back to see if he is still able to read messages but haven’t received any message from that guy yet. May be it was actually the set problem like trojan or something or he is clever. Let’s wait and see. He is not threatening just annoying.

TechMan ,the virus was in the set's memory card.There are few viruses/trojan which are installed one on the memory card can't be removed,if one tries to remove it they simply multiply itself ,so the best possible way is to break the memory card in two pieces and hard boot your set,everything will be smooth and fine.The culprit/hacker is very much close to you.

may be sms forwarding or diverting was activated :P

Format your memory card and hard reset your phone by entering this code *#7370# if you own a nokia phone. Every virus will be cleared

probably you were using a Nokia symbian phone, S60 probably..In that phones the virus you are talking about is very common

probably you were using a Nokia symbian phone, S60 probably…In that phones the virus you are talking about is very common

[/quote]

^ x2 I already told him. As there is no virus for java mobiles.

@ Techman

Use the above method and keep track of the counters.

Format your memory card and hard reset your phone by entering this code *#7370# if you own a nokia phone. Every virus will be cleared
[/quote]

perfect solution… … but dont forget to make a back up that includes ur contacts ,messages ,phone settings, profiles e.t.c just in case u need them in future ,before doing this hard reset

Checked SMS counter and it seems to be working normal. Have removed memory card from the and now will do hard reset.

very common issue with nokia 6600 and 6630 mobile phones .

If you know the guys number report to PTA, CPLC and FIA. He is engaged in a cyber crime. If you don't report he will eavesdrop someone else.

i dont know if my problem is the same but i also need help. a friend and me converse on warid and ufone numbers but he says that he gets messages from my number that i havent sent and same is the case with me i get messages from his number that he hasent sent. now we get confused and it is something to be alarmed as i have never seen this happen anywhere before. please ppl guide to whats happening here.

i dont know if my problem is the same but i also need help. a friend and me converse on warid and ufone numbers but he says that he gets messages from my number that i havent sent and same is the case with me i get messages from his number that he hasent sent. now we get confused and it is something to be alarmed as i have never seen this happen anywhere before. please ppl guide to whats happening here.
[/quote]

Something similar happened with my this friend. He put this warid sim into another mobile to check if that person is still able to read messages and my friend’s friend received sms from that number whose sim was previously in that mobile.

By the way I went to Warid and asked to put a tag. They said there is no tag to prevent others to read messages because it is already that way. But a tag can be placed so nobody can get that number blocked just by calling and the owner has to come to Warid to block it.

They also told me that the other number which is reading messages has call forwarding on which means any calls coming on that number are being forwarded to another Warid number. I have complained to Warid about getting messages from that number and they have sent a warning.

My friend’s mobile is Nokia 8233 by the way.