Some DVDs work fine on dvd player but not on PCs

I have found that some of the DVD movies play fine by the DVD Player but not on my computer, it syas (empty Disk)...

it mean you need new drive ;)

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I have found that some of the DVD movies play fine by the DVD Player but not on my computer, it syas (empty Disk)…
[/quote]

If before you were able to read same discs but not now then either your DVD drive need’s cleaning (lens cleaning) or you need new drive.

Computer’s DVD drive and standalone DVD player handles DVD disc differently.

But it is much more possible that those discs are badly scratched and thus not usable by computer’s drive. Especially, if they are rented movies. We Pakistani are notorious when we handle discs so carelessly like they are made of 10-inch solid stainless steel.

Finger prints, scratches and mishandling lead to damage disc that does not run in computer drive and also run badly in standalone DVD player.

it mean you need new drive ;)
[/quote]

you didnt get my question…its not about ROM, it about format. my ROM is perfect DVDs disk are perfect,

My question is that some of the movies can be played on dvd-player but not on PCs.

You didnt get my question...its not about ROM, my ROM is perfect, DVDs disk are perfect,

My question is that some of the movies can be played on dvd-player but not on PCs. i think some DVD movies are burnt differently to work only with standalone dvd-players

@ shafiqsmartech

I think we still don't get your question!

Because I have not yet encountered a single DVD movie that does work in standalone player but doesn't work in PC DVD Drive (unless that DVD disc is damage by scratches).

Believe me, I have ripped like thousands of DVD movies to this date. That includes original Hollywood discs, Asian made discs, Karachi made discs, and general local Pakistani made discs.

If DVD movie disc is 100% scratch free and in good condition, and if it works in stand-alone player then it should work in PC DVD drive (unless you have third-class drive) too.

By the way, what software do you use for watching DVD movie disc in your PC?

Its seems like the issue of DVD region. Some drives are region locked .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Region_1

^ Then update the firmware of PC DVD drive to ignore all region restriction. It's so common and easy.

OR you can use AnyDVD to bypass all region restrictions in Windows.

I haven't encountered any dvd working on dvd player and not on pc

instead I have encountered a dvd which didn't played sound on dvd player but was playing sound on pc after downloading codecs

i have so far after 8 years of watching dvds have encountered no dvd that cannot be played on a stand alone dvd player and in the computer dvd rom drive

I was also having this problem,someone was telling me that it is the issue due to +r and -r .. some dvd players doesn't play -r .

I haven’t encountered any dvd working on dvd player and not on pc

instead I have encountered a dvd which didn’t played sound on dvd player but was playing sound on pc after downloading codecs

[/quote]

I agree, happens when encoded with Divx/Xvid/Mpeg4 or Audio has different codec.

i have so far after 8 years of watching dvds have encountered no dvd that cannot be played on a stand alone dvd player and in the computer dvd rom drive
[/quote]

I agree with you. Same with me, no DVD movie that works in standalone also work in PC DVD drive.

In fact, I encountered some badly structure DVDs written by Pakistanis that doesn’t run properly in my original Sony’s standalone DVD player because either folder structure is not correct or .VOB files are larger than 1GB. For these discs I have to rip them using PC DVD Drive.