Somali Pirates Open Up a "Stock Exchange"

Somali Pirates Open Up a "Stock Exchange"[slashdot.org]

[quote=", post:, topic:"]
reginaldo writes to clue us that pirates in Somalia have opened up a cooperative in Haradheere, where investors can pay money or guns to help their favorite pirate crew for a share of the piracy profits.

"'Four months ago, during the monsoon rains, we decided to set up this stock exchange. We started with 15 "maritime companies" and now we are hosting 72. Ten of them have so far been successful at hijacking,' Mohammed [a wealthy former pirate who took a Reuters reporter to the facility] said. ... Piracy investor Sahra Ibrahim, a 22-year-old divorcee, was lined up with others waiting for her cut of a ransom pay-out after one of the gangs freed a Spanish tuna fishing vessel. 'I am waiting for my share after I contributed a rocket-propelled grenade for the operation,' she said, adding that she got the weapon from her ex-husband in alimony. 'I am really happy and lucky. I have made $75,000 in only 38 days since I joined the "company."'"

[/quote]

Read More: Somali sea gangs lure investors at pirate lair[reuters.com]

Haha... :D

Even thieves know that you need money to make money!

Share in the booty, yarr :|

"Sahara Ibrahim"?? something to do with saad ibrahim? xD

Where can I sign up, i have a few hundred Local currency to invest.

:D I wonder how it would work here in Pakistan.

On second thought I think this is fake news. A 22 year old divorcee that gets a rocket launcher in alimony? Whoever heard of alimony paid in grenade launchers! This must be a news story planted by the CIA or something.

I guess we will never know!

“Sahara Ibrahim”?? something to do with saad ibrahim? xD

Where can I sign up, i have a few hundred Local currency to invest.

[/quote]

i am the ex-owner of the “rocket-propelled grenade” that bi*** gave to them pirates :x

btw… do these pirates got a franchise around here?

i am the ex-owner of the “rocket-propelled grenade” that bi*** gave to them pirates :x

btw… do these pirates got a franchise around here?

[/quote]

Try www.kse.com.pk

somalia the next dubai :P

$75,000 in only 38 days

Is it Somalian Dollar or American?

Damnit. I am wasting my life here. I'll be on a boat next week and will join Somali Pirates. Soon we'll have large fleet of Chinese made ships. Within few years, we'll rule the open sea of world :D

Yo Ho! Yo Ho! A Pirate Life For Me!

Give me some bad eggs... and a horizon...

Make sure you wear lots of Cherry blossom when you get there. I am sure they will recognize that you are not from around here.

Make sure you wear lots of Cherry blossom when you get there. I am sure they will recognize that you are not from around here.
[/quote]

Pirates have no color, caste, religion, country. They are just pirates. That’s why they are so good and that’s why established governments don’t like them.

Pirates of the world, unite! :P

well they know the art of business, well this model can also work for our local companies aka Laryri's Gang. ;)

rather i will prefer investing in penny stock

What is cost of each share ? I will like to invest to make some quick bucks

Wow !

Nice idea , if we start this , we won't be needing assistance from IMF :)

Well yes we even don't need any assistance from IMF if our investors start acting like google's and our consumer act like Indian consumers act..